Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

ToTBellHop

I love the Mandalorian.
I love Rouge One.
I love Rebels
I love Clone Wars
I love Rise of the Resistance Ride.
I dislike The Last Jedi

Is what it is. Sometimes you have to tell your amazing child to stop doing stupid things.
This is more about the people that hate everything.

“I hate Pandora, it doesn’t fit. I hate rivers of light. I hate toy story land. I hate Star Wars land. I hate that rise of the resistance is set in the ST therefore I hate it. I hate the Bobs. I hate every new firework show. I hate what they’re doing at Epcot. Hollywood studios should be better. I hate the Skyliner. I hate the Riviera. I hate the cupcakes. I hate the parades. I hate the buses. I hate how they’re opening the parks. I don’t even like Baby Yoda.”

Mike S

“I hate Pandora, it doesn’t fit. I hate rivers of light. I hate toy story land. I hate Star Wars land. I hate that rise of the resistance is set in the ST therefore I hate it. I hate the Bobs. I hate every new firework show. I hate what they’re doing at Epcot. Hollywood studios should be better. I hate the Skyliner. I hate the Riviera. I hate the cupcakes. I hate the parades. I hate the buses. I hate how they’re opening the parks. I don’t even like Baby Yoda.”
tumblr_nte3lgkFFB1ub6fvso5_500.gifv

disneygeek90

I have a question regarding operations and the hangar: if guests disembark the transport ship and linger too long in the hangar or the line is too backed up, is the next ship of guests delayed, in order to prevent ruined immersion of guests coming out the same door of the same ship? Or is the rotating simulator on a set motion no matter what?
Sometimes people are still lingering in the hangar from the previous group, or the line is kinda backed up into the hangar. I hope they limit this in the future and just hold you before or after the first show a little longer. It really takes away from the wow moment to see a group of 15 or 20 other people already standing there. Luckily for my first ride everyone was cleared out of the room.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

The Phantom Manor redo was overall excellent though.

TTA94

If they make any changes, one thing that I want to see changed or enhanced is the lightsaber effects. The lightsaber sticking out of the ceiling is so cheesy and quick. I don’t know how the effect is done, but if they had it stick out more, did some type of projection mapping or maybe fiber optics to make it look more realistic and added more or louder saber sound effects? It litterally looks like one of the plastic sabers they sell in the stores.

PB Watermelon

If they make any changes, one thing that I want to see changed or enhanced is the lightsaber effects. The lightsaber sticking out of the ceiling is so cheesy and quick. I don’t know how the effect is done, but if they had it stick out more, did some type of projection mapping or maybe fiber optics to make it look more realistic and added more or louder saber sound effects? It litterally looks like one of the plastic sabers they sell in the stores.

Mickey Mouse looks like a drawing. Young Bambi has a head that looks like a calf more than a deer. Sometimes the "idea" of something is it's own form of entertainment, and Disney serves that up in spades. If you want imagineering to plus it more, sure, why not, other than if it breaks down, you shut the whole ride down, and they have enough problems as it is. But sure, at some future date, they'll plus it and other things. Nothing is forever at Disneyland. Just new ideas.

ToTBellHop

We need legitimate peril. They should definitely do this before interrogation:

1576611904350.gif

I’d definitely strut away like Palpatine.

Tom Morrow

I put it off because of not wanting to deal with the morning procedure but bit the bullet today since otherwise I can’t ride again until January 3rd.

I, being a theme park nerd, have lots of theme park dreams where I conjure up attractions that don’t exist or are drastically different than they are in real life. They’re always crazy and impossible with a bunch of different “sections.”

This felt like one of those dreams. This experience is so unbelievable, so immersive, and subverts every theme park attraction trope to the extent that it feels like it shouldn’t exist.

I’m not going to go through this entire thread, which I have avoided for spoilers, but I’m sure all my praises have been said already. This is the new industry game changer.

I’ll mention three minor criticisms. These in no way stop this from being the best attraction, but left me feeling a little like, “you went this far, what’s a little more?”

1. CGI characters on some of the screens. It gives it a Clone Wars/Rebels look. Not a huge deal but with a budget of this scope there’s no reason any of them had to be CG.

2. Over-reliance on projection mapping for the blasts and explosions. I know there are too many for them all to be practical, but a few pyro effects would go a long way, or even just bursts of theatrical fog.

3. The queue inside the Star Destroyer has a bit of a plastic look and feel to it when it should all be metal.

4. The boarding process for the transport vehicles is a little long and is a slightly awkward pause in the action and tone. I realize however that this is unavoidable.

That’s all I got for my initial takeaway.

Last edited:

Mike S

I put it off because of not wanting to deal with the morning procedure but bit the bullet today since otherwise I can’t ride again until January 3rd.

I, being a theme park nerd, have lots of theme park dreams where I conjure up attractions that don’t exist or are drastically different than they are in real life. They’re always crazy and impossible with a bunch of different “sections.”

This felt like one of those dreams. This experience is so unbelievable, so immersive, and subverts every theme park attraction trope to the extent that it feels like it shouldn’t exist.

I’m not going to go through this entire thread, which I have avoided for spoilers, but I’m sure all my praises have been said already. This is the new industry game changer.

I’ll mention three minor criticisms. These in no way stop this from being the best attraction, but left me feeling a little like, “you went this far, what’s a little more?”

1. CGI characters on some of the screens. It gives it a Clone Wars/Rebels look. Not a huge deal but with a budget of this scope there’s no reason any of them had to be CG.

2. Over-reliance on projection mapping for the blasts and explosions. I know there are too many for them all to be practical, but a few pyro effects would go a long way, or even just bursts of theatrical fog.

3. The queue inside the Star Destroyer has a bit of a plastic look and feel to it when it should all be metal.

That’s all I got for my initial takeaway.
Woah I’ll be back at the world the same time lol.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We need legitimate peril. They should definitely do this before interrogation:

View attachment 434525
I’d definitely strut away like Palpatine.

I was chatting with my wife while we were waiting for our turn to be interrogated, she dissuaded me from staging a prisoner revolt, subduing one of the guards and even laughing at them as the hadn't sanitized, separated or classified any of our group. (or stripped, bagged and tagged as most military folk would be familiar with)

ToTBellHop

I was chatting with my wife while we were waiting for our turn to be interrogated, she dissuaded me from staging a prisoner revolt, subduing one of the guards and even laughing at them as the hadn't sanitized, separated or classified any of our group. (or stripped, bagged and tagged as most military folk would be familiar with)
Realism my butt!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom