I thought the sky liner was built to minimize stops.

Raineman

The other person made no declarative statements - just comments and speculation. Totally within bounds for any new attraction.
It’s not even officially open yet and already the sky is falling. This forum, man...
Hmmm, I cant remember when any new attraction wasnt speculated about, reviewed in mass and flamed even before it was completed. Lots of "I havent ridden it yet but I can tell you all about its negative points" posters. Madame Leota isnt the only one with prognosticate powers in WDW.
I wil never understand how people who, by watching a couple of YouTube videos or seeing pics online, and who have never stepped foot in an attraction/land, can definitively form an opinion of whether they like it or not, or how good or bad it is. If you've never experienced the land/attraction, saying things like "It looks like..." or "Based on what I've seen online..." or "Based on what I've heard..." would be the correct way to approach it-it is pure speculation, and stated as such, and puts forth the idea that "based on my limited info before I experience it, this is my opinion". Unfortunately, this seems to be a foreign concept to many people on here.

Tom Morrow

I fail to see how anything I said in my original post would constitute the sky is falling. I even took back what I said in my next few posts...
Well good. The Disney fan community was had been looking for every possible reason to be against this thing since the day it was announced.

thomas998

Regardless, there is still air when you are stopped. That's a fact. If you haven't ridden the system yet, you have no right to comment or speculate.
So a basic understanding of a system is suddenly insufficient unless you've used the system? I guess that means no one can ever talk about the space shuttle unless they've flown on it.

As for "there is still air when you are stopped" did you honestly think someone thought that if it stopped you would be in the vacuum of space? Of course their is still air, but whether the air is moving or not depends on lots of different variables.

Sorry but my comment required no direct knowledge beyond what are simply facts. A passive system means a system that does not have any fans and relies on the movement of the gondola or the wind blowing. If you think someone needs to ride a gondola to understand that then I can't even think of a polite way of telling the type of person you are. Clearly you have some feverish need to defend the gondolas which I don't understand. Did you design them? Why so defensive on a simple statement of fact. I think everyone knows what "passive" means and anyone that has ever flown a kite knows about the layers of the atmosphere where you start getting a constant breeze.

Last edited:

World_Showcase_Lover007

Well good. The Disney fan community was had been looking for every possible reason to be against this thing since the day it was announced.

Of course we hate them. They should have built more monorails. And if they build gondolas, they should have put air conditioning in them. Guess we’ll go cool off in Target if it gets too hot.

HongKongFu

The Disney fan community was had been looking for every possible reason to be against this thing since the day it was announced.

Have you seen the map of this thing?
It is beyond asinine. It looks like it belongs in the movie 'Idiocracy'

Moving from Studio to Epcot is an obnoxiously unnecessary journey of about 4.5+ longer.

A straight leg out of Studios to meet one of the "turns" would have shaved off about 4.5 to 5 times the unnecessary travel.

HongKongFu

So now we have a frustrating multi stop boat ride from Studio to Epcot.....3 stops which needlessly subject park-to-park guest to
far more travel time and another terribly non direct sky route.

I think the Disney decision makers must have had a lot of fun years back taking planes from LAX to JFK...... via Dallas, Chicago then ATL.

Lilofan

Moving from Studio to Epcot is an obnoxiously unnecessary journey of about 4.5+ longer.

A straight leg out of Studios to meet one of the "turns" would have shaved off about 4.5 to 5 times the unnecessary travel.
Reminds me of me being a lost tourist many years ago taking a cab from the airport to downtown San Francisco. The taxi driver took the long "scenic" route.

NickPytlinski

i think it was cool of the OP to correct themselves a few posts later. why the hate for them? after all the forum is for personal opinions.

Did you enjoy the gondola ride better than the bus or boats etc?

TiggerDad

It is not designed for moving from Studios to Epcot. It's designed for moving from resorts to/from each of those parks. The ability to use it to park hop is an added benefit, but not the primary design purpose.

Incomudro

So a basic understanding of a system is suddenly insufficient unless you've used the system? I guess that means no one can ever talk about the space shuttle unless they've flown on it.

As for "there is still air when you are stopped" did you honestly think someone thought that if it stopped you would be in the vacuum of space? Of course their is still air, but whether the air is moving or not depends on lots of different variables.

Sorry but my comment required no direct knowledge beyond what are simply facts. A passive system means a system that does not have any fans and relies on the movement of the gondola or the wind blowing. If you think someone needs to ride a gondola to understand that then I can't even think of a polite way of telling the type of person you are. Clearly you have some feverish need to defend the gondolas which I don't understand. Did you design them? Why so defensive on a simple statement of fact. I think everyone knows what "passive" means and anyone that has ever flown a kite knows about the layers of the atmosphere where you start getting a constant breeze.

In support of your post - I've lived through many a hot and humid day when the air is thick and stagnant.
The idea that just because a box has some window vents - that all will be comfy under all conditions is laughable.

thomas998

You are assuming that they designed it to be efficient as possible. It is possible that they have other goals, such as providing yet another area and thing to occupy visitor beyond the park. If the average rider is spending 15 minutes going to a park it in and 15 minutes when they leave then you've just burned 30 minutes of a visitors time that is keeping him out of the park but occupied in what the visitor considers a ride. So maybe that's part of their cunning plan.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
They needed to consider existing infrastructure for building SkyLiner.
Available solid ground, emergency access, convenience from guest locations, etc.

They weren't overly concerned about how fast they could take guests between Epcot & HS; they focused around benefits for resort guests.

HongKongFu

It is not designed for moving from Studios to Epcot.

And THAT is the problem. It should have been a priority.

Furthermore look at the map. A small added leg would have addressed this issue. Compared to the whole project that leg would have been a very short add on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom