News D23 Expo 2019

Donaldfan1934

They have all year to announce projects - so don't be surprised when a project gets announced on rainy Tuesday morning in September or Sunny Thursday in May. Plus with October approaching that is the time the Board will vote on new projects for financial approval.
Yes, I expect those rainy Tuesday announcements to be coming, but D23 is supposed to be the mother load that comes once every two years. To save announcements that would’ve created more excitement at their big biennial event for just some random weekday is a massive missed opurtunity.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 "Plus a few other WDW items outside of the berms. One of them just outside." was that the Disney hotel or did I miss an announcement.
BTW I like your new avatar better now that it doesn't have the pink lines from time racers I assume :)
Cirque and the SW hotel. Since the latter is just outside of DHS ;)

Thank you. No, the lines were for when Tomorrows Child was coming back to SSE. I should’ve removed them a decade or so ago!

PeoplemoverTTA

They all feel like they are made by people who legitimately like EPCOT. Not embarrassed by it (which a lot of the 1990's-2000's additions felt like).

I get this feeling as well. Like "we love EPCOT and we're doing the best with the big decisions that are coming down."

I'm kind of glad now that we picked yesterday afternoon for our toddler's first baseball game so that I didn't follow along live. Only because there really wasn't anything new to many of us here at WDWMagic, as others have mentioned (aside from a retail announcement 🙄). I enjoyed getting more details on what we knew (and enjoyed the Cherry Tree Lane surprise). I am and will be worried about SSE until the day it reopens, though (and plan on riding it at least 2-3 times on my trip in December).

I am the biggest Disney nerd of the bunch in my family, yet my husband and sister are more upset about the changes to EPCOT than I am. Go figure! I am just trying to look on the bright side. As others have said, with the jumbled mess it had become, something had to happen. At least it seems we didn't get the worst of it. Let's hope that once construction begins, at least the look and feel is at the level of the artwork. Because it really does look like Future World (oh man, I mean I still call DHS "MGM" -- it's gonna be a LONG time, if ever, before I won't call it Future World) will at least be beautiful.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, I expect those rainy Tuesday announcements to be coming, but D23 is supposed to be the mother load that comes once every two years. To save announcements that would’ve created more excitement at their big biennial event for just some random weekday is a massive missed opurtunity.

Take away things you knew because of leaks and third party “news” and reevaluate your “new” verse “known” list.

PeoplemoverTTA

Maybe this is reaching, but I feel like the still shot of DVD in front of a mic may serve as some sort of confirmation the MP attraction isn't going to a M&G. And perhaps it's a picture of DVD recording vocals for the attraction? I would, of course, love a dark ride (MP has been my favorite movie of all time since I was a child, and remains so to this day), but I'd also be cool with a well-themed, indoor carousel.

TeddyinMO

Take away things you knew because of leaks and third party “news” and reevaluate your “new” verse “known” list.
Great point!

My wife is a huge Disney fan, but would never follow a site like this. It’s not her thing, so she has no idea of any rumors and frankly only knows D23 as a Disney Comic Con. She’s also very critical of bad decisions as a former WDW CM. So she’s a great balance to see what those outside of this board think. I ran the WDW and DL announcements past her. She was ecstatic and thought it was a ton. She does lament the loss of “old Epcot” (she worked at SE), but admitted it is time to move on because Epcot has been pretty bad in recent years.

My point is not to tell anyone their opinions are right or wrong. It’s just a reminder that outside the echo chamber of this board, the perspective may be very different.

Cmdr_Crimson

Can we also bring up the horrid "I've waited my whole life for this" girl in the Galaxy's edge commercial they keep throwing out on tv lately....The way they make her act when shes in the ship in this is just like shes about to destroy worlds of some sort...
disneyland-star-wars-galaxys-edge-are-you-ready-large-3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom