Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

JusticeDisney

Test Track is comparable on the level that it is an inside, outside attraction. Test Track also has the same weather related problems Hagrids does.

Actually I think it's probably the closest compare to anything at Disney operational wise.
I definitely agree with you that it is a reasonable compare. My point was simply that it had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What’s Test Track have to do with this?

You make all these claims " The ride is unique and some respects, to be sure. But it is not groundbreaking. And the way they have handled the opening has been a joke. Constant breakdowns. Nobody knowing when the ride will open. Nobody knowing when the queue will be closed. "

He cited an similar example (including all your points) that despite the rough opening... and you dismiss it as if it's out of left field. It's another major attraction opening in Orlando with the two big dogs... sharing many of the concerns you raised. It does have everything to do with the topic you keep bringing up.

But you know what... things improved and people moved on.. and the tales of the opening are just history now and it doesn't impact anything anymore. Time to realize that and let it be

JusticeDisney

You make all these claims " The ride is unique and some respects, to be sure. But it is not groundbreaking. And the way they have handled the opening has been a joke. Constant breakdowns. Nobody knowing when the ride will open. Nobody knowing when the queue will be closed. "

He cited an similar example (including all your points) that despite the rough opening... and you dismiss it as if it's out of left field. It's another major attraction opening in Orlando with the two big dogs... sharing many of the concerns you raised. It does have everything to do with the topic you keep bringing up.

But you know what... things improved and people moved on.. and the tales of the opening are just history now and it doesn't impact anything anymore. Time to realize that and let it be
Who cares about Test Track and it’s opening? You wanna discuss that? Fine. Start a thread about Test Track. This thread is about Hagrid. I could cite many other attractions that had horrible openings and many other attractions that had great openings. And you know what every one of those would have in common? They would all have zero to do with Hagrid.

My point is, don’t try to defend one ride’s opening by simply pointing out that another ride has a poor opening as well.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Who cares about Test Track and it’s opening? You wanna discuss that? Fine. Start a thread about Test Track. This thread is about Hagrid. I could cite many other attractions that had horrible openings and many other attractions that had great openings. And you know what every one of those would have in common? They would all have zero to do with Hagrid.

When did Hagrid's move to it's own universe, experiences, and expectations? Did I miss the memo?

Your dismissals and arguments hold no water.

JusticeDisney

When did Hagrid's move to it's own universe, experiences, and expectations? Did I miss the memo?

Your dismissals and arguments hold no water.
If you want to debate a ride, debate the ride. But trying to say “yeah, uh, well, uh, so what if Hagrid had a bad opening because Test attack did too” is about as sophomoric as it gets.

Tom Morrow

Things have improved significantly in the last two months, but until Hagrid's has a hard opening and closing time, I won't consider it to be out of it's opening troubles. Why is it so hard to declare "Hagrid's will close one hour before the park closes" or something along those lines? Instead they're still making people gamble on whether or not they'll be able to enter the queue.

JusticeDisney

As an aficionado of the use of proper English on teh Internetz, I can tell you that post was completely coherent, and also completely true.
Oh, well if YOU can tell me, then by all means it must be true! Hahahahaha! I mean, what bigger authority than the ultimate Uni fanboy who gets his panties all in a bunch if someone dare point out that his beloved Hagrid had a terrible opening. Thanks for clearing things up for us here!

JT3000

Oh, well if YOU can tell me, then by all means it must be true! Hahahahaha! I mean, what bigger authority than the ultimate Uni fanboy who gets his panties all in a bunch if someone dare point out that his beloved Hagrid had a terrible opening. Thanks for clearing things up for us here!

I'd rather be the ultimate Uni fanboy than a certified troll no one takes seriously at this point, and whose posts merely induce groans amongst the entire forum populace. You have fun with that.

JusticeDisney

I'd rather be the ultimate Uni fanboy than a certified troll no one takes seriously at this point, and whose posts merely induce groans amongst the entire forum populace. You have fun with that.
Well that’s weird, because you literally just described exactly how your biased, agenda-driven posts are views by everyone here. But hey, keep being proud of the fact that you are an amusement park fanboy. 😂😂😂

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you want to debate a ride, debate the ride. But trying to say “yeah, uh, well, uh, so what if Hagrid had a bad opening because Test attack did too” is about as sophomoric as it gets.

It’s not sophomoric. It points to established history that the opening period is often troublesome for new attractions and once it’s in the rear view mirror it’s all water under the bridge. Should we continue to harp on the problems that caused multiple Epcot headliners to completely miss the park opening? Or just remember it as the history it is.

No one is denying the opening was brutal on guests wanting to ride. But it is also not entirely unexpected... uncommon.. nor will it define this ride. And yes, hagrids lives in this universe and in our history... so yes, other openings are relevant to what is common or uncommon... and what history has shown what will matter.

The real issue is not the opening you continue to beat the dead horse over... but if they can get the attraction up to design spec, and keep it there reliably.

flynnibus

Premium Member
65231704-314B-4CD7-9395-CE5917C60825.jpeg

JusticeDisney

It’s not sophomoric. It points to established history that the opening period is often troublesome for new attractions and once it’s in the rear view mirror it’s all water under the bridge. Should we continue to harp on the problems that caused multiple Epcot headliners to completely miss the park opening? Or just remember it as the history it is.

No one is denying the opening was brutal on guests wanting to ride. But it is also not entirely unexpected... uncommon.. nor will it define this ride. And yes, hagrids lives in this universe and in our history... so yes, other openings are relevant to what is common or uncommon... and what history has shown what will matter.

The real issue is not the opening you continue to beat the dead horse over... but if they can get the attraction up to design spec, and keep it there reliably.
Well first off, I agree with most of what you just said. It’s is absolutely ridiculous, however, to claim that I am beating a dead horse about the terrible opening. I stated my position on this issue once. And every other time I have commented on it, it has been solely in response to what someone else said arguing against my position.

Here, let’s try this. You really should stop beating the dead horse about your love of Hagrid. I mean, we get it. You have told us in one form or another about a million times in this thread that you love the ride. We get it. You can stop defending it now.

Oh, and for the record, I love Hagrid as well. It’s just that, unlike ridiculous fanboys, I can actually be objective and point out a negative about a ride even though at the end of the day I still love that ride.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well first off, I agree with most of what you just said. It’s is absolutely ridiculous, however, to claim that I am beating a dead horse about the terrible opening. I stated my position on this issue once. And every other time I have commented on it, it has been solely in response to what someone else said arguing against my position.

by response you mean telling everyone they are dead wrong... incoherent... or off topic because it didn't fit your mantra that your claim of their unheard of bumbling and miserable performance was some pinnacle of failures? Ok... :rolleyes:

65231704-314B-4CD7-9395-CE5917C60825.jpeg

JusticeDisney

by response you mean telling everyone they are dead wrong... incoherent... or off topic because it didn't fit your mantra that your claim of their unheard of bumbling and miserable performance was some pinnacle of failures? Ok... :rolleyes:

View attachment 398992
You have such a clear fanboy agenda that it makes your posts laughable. You can’t even bring yourself to admit that the opening was awful. Instead, all you do is attack anyone who points that out, and then gather around with the rest of the fanboys and pat each other in the back. Trust me, you can still wear your Despicable Me under roos while at the same time acknowledging that your precious little Universal Studios isn’t actually perfect.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You have such a clear fanboy agenda that it makes your posts laughable. You can’t even bring yourself to admit that the opening was awful.

You need reading assistance too it seems.. scroll up a few posts.

You call me a fanboi? This is why n00bs should read before they type... My posting history is anything but fanboi. But please... continue to make yourself look the fool.. you're really good at it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom