News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

MrPromey

No. It is about the experience of walking past the tile artwork. It is about the experience of transitioning from the outside to the inside of this expansive space with its specific decoration. It is about the experience of walking down into the roots of the building to see what it has to offer.

As a first time guest, it's also about entering into what looks like a moderately sized building and discovering this massive multi-story pavilion that only becomes obvious once inside.

Remember, they created the same effect years later (though a little less extreme, not that you wouldn't know it from the upward hike) with Wonders of Life.

... and if you don't remember, you'll experience it all anew when the Play pavilion opens.

Last edited:

jt04

A permit was filed today for "Project G: 200D-1 Enabling Works at North Pathways. Includes sitework, demo, hardscape and landscaping. The address "1400 Avenue of the Stars #A" is associated with Innoventions East. Contractor is Whiting Turner and it has the default one year expiration date.

Cool. Begun it has.

Naplesgolfer

Popular, yes...But that doesn't mean it was a universal love, either. It always was the "other park" that you went to when mom and dad got tired of the MK and before they dropped you off at the Fiesta Fun Center for their night watching "Broadway at the Top". I think there is a gap in understanding the difference between well attended and well understood.

Of course its all subjective opinion, I loved original Epcot, but there wasn't an immaterial number of people who found it tough to like. It wasn't exactly a park that screamed "accessibility", in the mental sense, as a ride like Space Mountain. It was a cerebral park that catered to people who, on the majority, are not cerebral.

It was a park that was almost too on topic for its own good...like the really smart kid in class that people think is weird, because he is way too mature for the rest of the class to understand.

Ill never forget having an argument with a neighbor, when I was a kid, because his family went. They spent two days at Epcot and he found it to be dull. I found It to be amazing. Different strokes for different folks...

I love Epcot. Always have. But in IMHO your post summed up the feelings of many people I know. Epcot went over their heads. It was cerebral for a theme park. The only thing more cerebral in Disney was Adventurers Club. My favorite thing Disney has ever produced.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So you experienced Kitchen Kabaret which, wile using dated animatronics by today's standards, was far, far superior to Food Rocks in design, setup, and execution.

I never liked either. KK was loaded with unfunny in your face puns and the music was completely uninteresting to me. Food rocks was the same corny formula but at least with more tolerable music.

I found the land (minus LWTL) the worst pavilion in future world until they opened WoL.

Unbanshee

Looks like corless and paste read the thread. Unfortunately, he's completely mixed up his east and his west, lol

Edit: He's now updated his article, but still maintains that the permit is for innoventions west, despite that address being for innoventions east. Once again, a well thought out and researched piece, LOL 😂

Last edited:

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Do we know if the “Inventor’s Circle” will survive the Communicore West demolition? As “minor” and simple as it is, I think it captures the spirit of Epcot beautifully.

Edit: For those unfamiliar with the Inventor’s Circle, here is a great article about it, with photos: http://www.mainstgazette.com/2009/07/shoulders-of-giants.html?m=1

First thing to go. They're going to get Wreck it Ralph on a Bulldozer and plow the thing over, while the Zootopia police and Incredibles keep security around the area.

monothingie

Premium Member
Yeah the details of the permit would indicate it’s more along the lines of what will be done at Leave a Legacy and not major structural work at or East or West yet.

It will all be referred to as Project G so that’s not really a clue

The North Pathways parts gives it away....

monothingie

Premium Member
Incase anyone wanted to know what hardscape was. (This is specifically directed at the proprietor of that other site which has no name, who seemed to think that the bulldozers are presently idling backstage waiting for the signal to move in for the kill.)

Hardscape refers to hard landscape materials in the built environment structures that are incorporated into a landscape. This can include paved areas, driveways, retaining walls, sleeper walls, stairs, walkways, and any other landscaping made up of hard wearing materials such as wood, stone, concrete etc. as opposed to softscape, the horticultural elements of a landscape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom