Phone crushed on TOT

StarWarsGirl

wow.jpg

Raineman

"Please secure all personal items...or not." LOL! Now what will they do to recover their flash photos they took on Pirates and the Haunted Mansion?! Get the lawyers on the phone!
"Disney did not do enough to protect my personal belongings! I paid $100 for my park ticket, that should entitle me to more personal item protection! They should post a warning outside of the attraction about possible flying objects during ride operation! I'm not happy, Disney, and you need to fix this!!!!!!!!!!!"

twilight mitsuk

"Disney did not do enough to protect my personal belongings! I paid $100 for my park ticket, that should entitle me to more personal item protection! They should post a warning outside of the attraction about possible flying objects during ride operation! I'm not happy, Disney, and you need to fix this!!!!!!!!!!!"
Along with metal detectors

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

"Here are some FastPasses... and a quick service meal voucher. Have a Magical day!!!" ;)

21stamps

I understand losing a hat or phone etc if it falls off/out on a rollercoaster..

But how in the world does someone lose a phone and bag on ToT?!

KBLovedDisney

I understand losing a hat or phone etc if it falls off/out on a rollercoaster..

But how in the world does someone lose a phone and bag on ToT?!
I am also curious. How does something like this happen?

I would think it would have had more of a chance to be thrown out the open doors once you are at the top if you are just holding the bag and decided to let go...but that is still a long shot.

Brer Oswald

We got stuck on Tower of Terror... someone dropped their cell phone AND bag in the drop shaft! The ride RAN OVER the cell phone, it is CRUSHED. and the bag was right on the bottom of the drop as well. Maintenance showed us the phone right in front of us. Like wow. That was interesting.
Was this on Monday? If so, that would explain the closed shaft.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's possible to have stuff fall out the front of the vehicle and down the drop shaft.
It shouldn’t do; any time the doors are open from the 5th D the VVC should be there waiting.

Additionally nothing can be "run over". Anything in the base of the shaft (dropped or otherwise) is well below the lowest level that the VVC drops to.

Tom Morrow

It shouldn’t do; any time the doors are open from the 5th D the VVC should be there waiting.

Additionally nothing can be "run over". Anything in the base of the shaft (dropped or otherwise) is well below the lowest level that the VVC drops to.
There's still a few feet of gap between the floor of the VVC and the drop shaft walls, so loose items have the potential to "float" over the vehicle gate and either land on the floor of the VVC or fall to the bottom of the drop shaft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom