4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

Driver

Let's hope it's only a small portion of the rooms quarantined off from the rest of the resort so people like me who are allergic don't get in trouble.
Yep your exactly right. I'm not allergic to dogs but I do feel your pain. I am extremely allergic to cats. If I stayed in a room that had a cat in it before I got there, by the next morning you would be taking me to a med center. (puffy eyes, wheezing, sneezing, trouble breathing) you get the idea. Unless they expect to keep certain rooms dedicated "pet rooms". But still if your allergy is severe enough just being in the area can set you off. How about house keeping I've seen pet friendly rooms at hotels they usually have hard surface flooring, but if the maid uses a vacuum to p/u the pet hair and then uses the same vacuum in a room of a guest with allergies, hey guess what? You just contaminated that room with pet dander! I could keep going here but I think I made my point.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
How will the dog "presents" be handled? Does anyone realistically expect all dog owners to be responsible enough to pick up and properly dispose of the "presents"?

I'm not paying $$$ to stay on resort to smell dogs and their "presents". Want to bring your woof friend with you on your Disney vacation? There are offsite hotels.

bcoachable

This reminds me, and its worth a google if you havent heard it...
of Steve Harvey's "Dog in Africa" sketch.

NM, looked it up for you... NSFW probably...

Bolt

Original Poster
I am a dog lover and have an awesome dobe, but I feel like it would be nice to go to a place without dogs and I feel bad for those who have a serious allergy to dogs/cats. I am guessing guest survey's revealed that many want this option, plus its a revenue driver for WDW.
What confuses me about the allergy comment is that service dogs and comfort dogs have been staying at the resorts for years and have mixed in to all types of rooms. Clearly they clean them after they leave or we would have heard more allergic reaction stories.

Somehow Universal must have figured it out at their two resorts that take them that world kept spinning.

And I'm a dog (Bolt).

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What confuses me about the allergy comment is that service dogs and comfort dogs have been staying at the resorts for years and have mixed in to all types of rooms. Clearly they clean them after they leave or we would have heard more allergic reaction stories.

Somehow Universal must have figured it out at their two resorts that take them that world kept spinning.

And I'm a dog (Bolt).
Yeah that is a bit puzzling, I would assume after each stay that mousekeeping washing all the linen's and cleanings the furniture and floors as well but who knows.

CJR

At $50 with a limit of two dogs, I don't see a lot of people jumping at this when they can take their pets over to a very good boarding service on site for around the same price. Taking care of pets (hopefully owners will) doesn't scream "vacation" to me. I know some people will take advantage of it, but I don't think it'll be a LaQuinta, which is usually free. It's a lot of money and adds more hassle than its worth, as a dog owner, in my opinion.

Hopefully Disney takes the $50 and uses it to keep the rooms and resorts clean. They usually take fees and reinvest them into their products, right? :) right? :( right? :facepalm:

Bolt

Original Poster
Yeah that is a bit puzzling, I would assume after each stay that mousekeeping washing all the linen's and cleanings the furniture and floors as well but who knows.
And at this price point, I doubt everyone is going to bring their dogs. I think people imagine 100s of dogs on the loose. I have a dog but this change won't make me bring my dog with me. I love him, but not a responsibility I want to think about when on a trip.

Driver

Too some their dog is as much a part of the family as anyone else, ok I get it. But as mentioned above the "presents" my DW and I are avid RV'rs and I have witnessed too many times a dog owner looks around to see if anyone is watching and then just walks away! I put this next to the smoking category. You wanna smoke? That's ok I don't, and I don't want your stinky motel room or rental car. It may not be a big deal to the smoker but the fact is "it stinks" and I have a right to a clean environment and you have a right to smoke. So we need rules, so everyone can coexist.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I am not understanding this. Dogs leave hair and smell. Why on earth would they do this? To make matters worse you leave the dog in the room? It barks all day. And the housekeeper still cleans?
My thinking is you won't be allowed to keep your dog in the room all day alone.
When me and my wife vacation, we want a vacation from everything including our dog, so this wouldn't entice me to bring my dog to the world.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My thinking is you won't be allowed to keep your dog in the room all day alone.
When me and my wife vacation, we want a vacation from everything including our dog, so this wouldn't entice me to bring my dog to the world.
I see nothing from stopping you doing so.

The Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room seems to suggest they are expecting it to happen.

Driver

And I'm a dog (Bolt).
I hear what you're saying but to that end (for this discussion) we don't know if someone actually stayed in a room who had allergies after a service dog had been there. And started getting allergic symptoms and had no idea why and went and asked for a room swap. That is plausible.

durangojim

As somebody with a family of people with pet allergies, no thank you. I will never stay at those places, as there is no amount of cleaning that will get rid of pet dander.
I will say that my wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons at Disney this past week and didn't even realize that pets were allowed until our third day. That being said, I have a feeling Disney will be less vigilant than 4S in making sure the effects of dogs aren't seen or smelled. I have no interest in finding out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom