Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Amidala

Yeah, but Cinemagic sounds pretty lame, especially if this is the park that's supposed to appeal to older kids. Adding MAGIC to the title of everything doesn't automatically make it better.

Cinemagic is my favorite of the suggestions I've heard so far! Disney's Hollywood Adventure is fine but "Adventure" feels like a DCA rip-off...it doesn't seem especially unique to DHS. Cinemagic feels very much in the spirit of Disney, especially since the new DHS won't necessarily be an homage to films of all genres (like the GMR) but more about Disney and Disney-owned films & franchises. That being said I do 100% agree that Hollywood itself is still a part of DHS (and will continue to be), so I get the argument to keep Hollywood in the name.

Can't imagine that survey being real. I know we like to joke about Disney's poor decision making skills, but I doubt XL, Beyond, Kaleidoscope or any of the other weird names in that list are actually on the table.

Unrelated...anyone else mourning the switch from "Disney's" to "Disney"? Not a big deal obviously, and I'm sure there's some official reason for the change, but it doesn't roll of the tongue half as well and makes a little bit less sense IMO.

NormC

Zyacorp holds the trademark to Cinemagic in the US. Their theaters are very nice except the one in Salisbury. That one should be leveled. The trademark is for theaters and entertainment centers so it might be tough for Disney to use it.

solidyne

Remember when Apple announced the iPad? People thought they were crazy; the name sounded ludicrous, even strangely vulgar. Now it is commonplace.

I wouldn't be surprised Disney goes with something off-the-wall. Having said that, I think "XL" must be fake.

No Name

Why not just 'Disney's Movie Adventures Theme Park?'

Because 3 out of 9 of the rides that the park will have in 2019 won't be bases on movie franchises.

And even if they were, movies is in no way the theme. How is a ride based on a movie franchise inherently different than one based on a book series, or a collection of cartoons? They're all just forms of source material.

lazyboy97o

Zyacorp holds the trademark to Cinemagic in the US. Their theaters are very nice except the one in Salisbury. That one should be leveled. The trademark is for theaters and entertainment centers so it might be tough for Disney to use it.
Disney could always make an agreement.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney could always make an agreement.

upload_2017-9-8_21-2-37.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Anyone see what I'm seeing?

I would say that's just a typo, but Disney would rather me say "that just a typo."

Also, why do they commonly put "Theme Park" after Disney's Animal Kingdom, but nothing after Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Are they still having nahtazu withdrawals?

They may do that to avoid any confusion between the Animal Kingdom park and Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is the only resort that shares a name with a park.

No Name

Really? Is a notice about hurricanes really the place to criticize what terminology they use?

I'm not criticizing Disney's notice about the hurricane.

I'm criticizing Disney notice about the hurricane.

No, seriously, I just think it's interesting that they misspelled it, and that they put certain words after certain names. The fact that this particualar sign is for the hurricane has nothing to do with it. Sorry if that bothered you.

Matt_Black

Considering they have to put out these official notices very quickly, I'll cut them a little slack on typos. Like the "dinning options" graphic posted on Twitter today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom