News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If they did that, would they extend the monorail for those resorts as well? I know monorail extensions are typically dead before they start, but that seems like an extension that would make sense.

Side note: I'm still trying to get my parents to understand that just because there's a maintenance switch by Willderness, there's still not going to be a monorail to there. They believe otherwise.
It made sense to extend the monorail to MGM. And to DAK. But that never happened either.

the.dreamfinder

I'm sure there's long term aspirations and frameworks. There's only a finite area in WDW that's suitable for a new gate, WWOS is taking over more of one of those areas. There's a long term blue sky proposal to extend Seven Seas to the west for more resorts, but again that would eat into suitable park areas. Not that I think that would happen in my lifetime.

In short, there's proposals and aspirations but they're more akin to a doodle on a napkin as opposed to architectural blueprints. Notwithstanding the argument of fixing the existing parks first.
Do you think Disney will have to expand WDW's acreage?

Bender123

There are still long term proposals to link DAK to Epcot via DHS. I won't call it a monorail but it won't be a gondola either.

A GondoRail...I made a quick mockup. Spelling errors are maybe intentional.
dKg1adk.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm more curious as to whether or not what replaces UoE will have a connection to the energy theme of the pavilion it's destro...err... replacing, or if this will just be a roller coaster with a small amount of lip service paid to the energy theme. Martin seems to imply the latter. :(

aladdin2007

I'm more curious as to whether or not what replaces UoE will have a connection to the energy theme of the pavilion it's destro...err... replacing, or if this will just be a roller coaster with a small amount of lip service paid to the energy theme. Martin seems to imply the latter. :(

they could do something really cool like Guardians of Energy, but wouldn't count on it.

EricsBiscuit

They probably have an astronomical budget for this attraction. Yet, it's gonna be a 2 minute ride through cardboard cutouts! Uggggghhhhhhhh! Look what Efteling did with Symbolica on a shoe string budget! GHP works miracles and it seams everyone but WDI is capable of making great attractions with smaller budgets. I loved Pandora, but it costed $500 million! Let that number sink in. Imagine what other creative teams could do with that money, but WDI is forced to drive square pegs into round holes. I also presume they have an absolute crap ton of corporate bureaucracy and red tape that drives up costs.

/rant

jt04

They probably have an astronomical budget for this attraction. Yet, it's gonna be a 2 minute ride through cardboard cutouts! Uggggghhhhhhhh! Look what Efteling did with Symbolica on a shoe string budget! GHP works miracles and it seams everyone but WDI is capable of making great attractions with smaller budgets. I loved Pandora, but it costed $500 million! Let that number sink in. Imagine what other creative teams could do with that money, but WDI is forced to drive square pegs into round holes. I also presume they have an absolute crap ton of corporate bureaucracy and red tape that drives up costs.

/rant

Compare Martin's SWL drawing to the model revealed at D23.

I am quite optimistic for GotG at Epcot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So this will be nothing but a coaster in the dark with some painted flats and possibly a well done pre-show? Zzzz. Come on. They can and should do better than this if they insist on shoehorning Guardians into Epcot. I shouldn't be surprised but this is disappointing. They could have at least made an amazing ride. I mean I guess it still could be but the tiniest bit of excitement (ignoring it's placement) I had just went out the window. But I'd still like to eventually hear more details of it.

I'm trying to track down this rumor that GotG will have cardboard cut outs, and I've traced it to your post here with a reference to 'painted flats'. But you're not quoting anyone. Where did you get the info that GotG will have painted flats?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom