The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My dh hasn't missed much over the years:joyfull: Sometimes no matter how well he planned his job got in the way:( and a few times either my mom or his mom wanted to go and we didn't have enough tickets and either he or I skipped going but the concert was played at home the next day. That being said my dh has gone on quite a few field trips:joyfull:

Yes, there is no way not to miss much of those happenings with different jobs and schedules involved. Again, we were blessed in that way.
I can't think of a field trip I missed (I used my extra vacation days for all that stuff), but, I did not go on all 3 DD weeklong summer choir trips :( ;) (SF, NYC, and LA - although DS and I did meet DWifey and youngest DD in LA on their one DLR day ;)). Those trips were for DWifey and DDs. We already did so many things together, plus somebody had to stay at home and take care of the other kiddos and the pups...! ;)

donaldtoo

I survived the data meeting today. Lots of charts and numbers, it made my head hurt. It got over a couple hours earlier than it was planned so some of the teachers and I went out for ice cream. I had maple nut, I hadn't had that in a long time and it was SO good. I'm normally a chocoholic but between the oatmeal ice cream at Ample Hills in Disney and this maple nut today, I'm really branching out. ;)

Hahaaa...!
My favorite is still mint chocolate chip, but, there's not a lot of ice cream out there I don't like...!!! :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

It is the same music. But I don't know that I actually ever saw that before? It certainly does lend itself to Disney style animation, though doesn't it?

Indeed.
It's the original Disney "Silly Symphony".
I thought the music sounded similar, but, I also just found this little bit of interesting info. Make sure you read "Production".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skeleton_Dance

donaldtoo

I bought some zucchini at the farmers market and I decided to make something my mom used to make all the time in the summer for us: chocolate zucchini cake! Hubby said he has never had zucchini cake before and he said he was a bit scared, I think he expected chunks of zucchini, but he enjoyed it. I wish I could share with you all it is tasty.

View attachment 221803

I've heard all my life that zucchini makes chocolate healthier...!!! :joyfull: :)

Or...wait.....
Is it chocolate that makes zucchini healthier...?!?!?! o_O
Or, does it even matter...?! :oops: ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Out for me today, with all the drinking (water !). I'm making many pit stops!:p

Be careful please. My sons Doc recommended high volumes of water for where he is living. There needs to be a balance. He lost most of his potassium levels and it also flushed out his sugar levels. Made him hypoglycemic when he never had been before the water craze. Water is important but too much can can wash your body of what it needs to survive.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Be careful please. My sons Doc recommended high volumes of water for where he is living. There needs to be a balance. He lost most of his potassium levels and it also flushed out his sugar levels. Made him hypoglycemic when he never had been before the water craze. Water is important but too much can can wash your body of what it needs to survive.

Good point.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Went on a nice nature walk today, in an area that had been cleared out, with new trails put in, by the conservation groups. Problem was, the entire loop of trails only took about 10 minutes! :p So, that was my exercise for the day. :joyfull:

Hubs and I went out to a fun local restaurant for lunch. I ordered a strawberry margarita with lots of ice--it was very tasty. I rarely order an actual "cocktail" and now I know what I've been missing! :D Hubs had a roast beef dinner and I had a cheeseburger; I could have had anything else like shrimp, etc., but I was only in the mood for a burger. o_O Anyway, we sat there for about 90 minutes--that was the best part--not having to rush for a change!! :happy:
I'm so glad you're off this week and not going into the city Friday

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy Wednesday! 62 degrees this morning on the porch. Kapono seems satisfied today because I told her I won't leave her at all today. Although I might have to break that, I hear the Powerball lottery has a pretty big jackpot right now, I might as well take a chance at a ticket. So I might have to leave her to go get a ticket. Or maybe I could text hubs to get a ticket and keep my promise to the dog, and I don't really want to leave the house...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom