The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Oh it could totally be the demographics. Mostly, our little town consisted of 2 types of families...either one or both of the parents worked for one of the coal mines, or they were ranchers. They were mostly happy 2 parent homes, the model of old-fashioned family values where dad went out and worked and mom stayed home and tended to the house and kids. In the families where both parents worked, either the kids fended for themselves, or the mom took care of the house and kids when she got home from work. That's just the way it was...it was quite scandalous in the church when my parents divorced. There were plenty in the congregation who thought my mom should be excommunicated and I was told by one girl in my class that we didn't really have a REAL family, because we didn't have a dad. And that we didn't belong in the church as much as she did. She had more right to be there because they were a REAL family. (not everyone was like that...there were several, but certainly not a majority. Several families ended up leaving our church because of those members who were so incredibly judgmental.) So it's possible that my experience is not indicative of the National norm, but it certainly struck me that there was a HUGE difference between what I grew up with and what it was like in the Netherlands.
I read that last word as Neanderthals :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Songbird76

Plus Disney has a real horrible track record in launching any IT Project. WiFi was just about everywhere when Disney finally dipped their Big Toe into the 21st Century (a decade into it) Even though others had mastered it Disney still kept tripping over their ears trying to the eras basic. I remember all the special events that kept crashing their systems and so many guests having issues with MDE and being transfered and transferred because they had so few tech people that even understood how to actually navigate MDE 1.0 I remember my first visit with iPhone and crashing my battery all the time because MDE kept disconnecting and then searching for a signal.

It is best they try to get it right. We shall see if that happens.
Oh boy, if I had a dollar for every time last year even that my phone wouldn't connect to the Disney network...I could have paid for our resort stay! It was terrible! When we got there, we gave the resort my husband's phone info to send the text because my phone just would not connect. We never did get the text that our room was ready. But it seemed only ONE of our phones worked at any given time, if we could get one to connect. Their system is still not great.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good cop, bad cop. I try to keep Jack on a healthy diet of vet-approved dog food. Treats are on occasion only, as too many treats aren't good for their health. Hubs, on the other hand, undoes all the good I attempt to do, and insists on giving him treats every day. :banghead:
Ah but you would gladly move somewhere always snowy for Jacks health and peace of mind. Would your hubby ... Guess who that makes the better parent ;)

Songbird76

Most are 16-22 depending on the course. The last several years they didn't have any classes together and this year they are making up for it. Chorus was an automatic class together together
So, you have a separate middle school and high school? Ours was together because it was such a small town. But here, it's kind of different...like, it's all one school, but there's a sort of middle school wing, or a separate campus, depending on the school you choose. So it's still part of the same school, but has more of a broad curriculum to give the students exposure to a lot of different areas to narrow down what they want to focus on when they get to the actual high school level. If DD and her best friend both decide to do the dual immersion VWO, they will have all their classes together because there are only about 25 students who do that program each year and it has its own curriculum and teachers, separate from the rest of the school. So that would be amazing for DD...have her best friend in all her classes.

FutureCEO

@FutureCEO , are you still contemplating getting your master's degree overseas? Just wondering if you've thought it through more, and were still interested or not. If I had to choose a location, I'd like Ireland, but I wouldn't like driving on the opposite side of the street! Lord knows, I'm bad enough of a driver here, even on the right side of the street! :eek:

Still considering it. Last time I calculated the schools I wanted to go and everything, it was cheaper than getting a masters here in the states. It all depends on a future job and the pound/euro. I would prefer a job rather than the great unknown. But I'm at the point where I just don't care about my job. I have a friend who wants me to move to Austria but the only thing that stops me is a job. Getting one that is.

I forgot to attach this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom