What's Disney doing better now than it's done in the past?

durangojim

Original Poster
I started the other thread about what do you miss at WDW, but to see the other side of the coin, I'd like to know what you think Disney is doing better now than it used to?

I'll start off: immersive experiences - Pandora, Star Wars Land
Disney Springs is a great improvement over what that area was before
La Cava del tequila
Magic bands

pax_65

The fact that this is difficult speaks volumes.

Trying to be positive...

I've really enjoyed some of Disney's breakfast buffets recently. I'm thinking specifically about Boma. It's absurdly expensive but it is really good and themed well to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I would do it on my next trip. Once. Maybe.

Epcot has a better variety of food, beer, and wine than in the past. I've also noticed more craft beer in the resorts including some that play into the theme of the resorts which is nice (like Saratoga Lager at Saratoga Springs, Key West Sunset Ale at Old Key West, etc.).

Overall WDW has a better selection of counter service food including some healthier options. It goes back a few years but at one time cheeseburgers and fries were everywhere and little else was available.

The entertainment at the pools in the resorts is good... I'm not sure it's better than in years past but it's probably as good as it's ever been. I also like the poolside movies and such - they've been around for a while but it's nice to have a low-stress alternative to the parks. I'm actually surprised Disney still offers them.

In theory, online check-in is an improvement but I've yet to have it work flawlessly to the point where they can just text me my room number so I don't have to go to the front desk. So I'm not sure I'd say this is any "better", but I give them points for trying.

Same with Magic Bands... as much as I despise the micromanaging and preplanning MM+ requires, the band itself is convenient when it works - which I will admit is more often than it used to be.

I'm not a huge Disney Springs fan but the increased dining options are nice. I don't really feel like I'm eating "on property" at some of them... it feels more like I'm eating at an outdoor mall in Orlando somewhere but I digress. The additional options are an improvement.

Thinking beyond that... I dunno. I feel a little like the guy in "Apollo 13" who is asked, "What on the spacecraft is good?" and he responds, "I'll have to get back to you on that."

theGib95

In an effort to sound as little "MOUSE-Washed" as possible, I am still enjoying my vacations as much if not more than ever, and can see that continuing as new things open year after year for the next few....

Personally I think as a DVC owner, I am getting great value, the Extra Discount on Merch, the Lounge at Epcot, these are great perks currently.

The Improved experiences at AK, even though the newness is so high its hard to experience, and Rivers of Light is not at the level some wanted, its a huge improvement over AK of Old.

I personally love MM+, Magicbands and FP+, I love not rope dropping, and knowing I can still do my 3 experiences that were must dos for the day...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They have gotten quite a bit better of separating marks guests from their money.

Staying on points arrive for the marathon and our room is not ready, 6 hours later we get a room but it's smaller that the one reserved told this is all we can give you or you can cancel your reservation (and forfeit the points) DW in tears and no we will not credit you the difference in room classes.

For the first time ever at Disney we felt like marks not guests and it was not a pleasant feeling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom