The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Meh . . . 4 times . . . Tour de France. Oh, big deal. ;)

I ride a bike, too. Rode to church this morning, then to Walgreens for the Sunday newspaper, and then home. Didn't need no fancy yellow jersey, nor a cheering crowd either! :p :D
Didn't we recently go through this with a bicyclist. Seem he became an un-hero in a big hurry. I'm at the point that when a human starts to do Hercules type things... I get suspicious. I guess we need our hero's, but, seriously, as my father used to say about bicycles... "I don't see any reason to peddle like mad just to give my butt a ride".
Slightly censured for your reading enjoyment.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
so my mind went to @Mr Ferret 88 late this afternoon as I was trying to navigate town square on foot. A young girl around 8 was walking towards me and holding her arms in a strange manner, bent upwards at the elbow and her hands reaching about the top of her shoulder...nobody walks like that. :confused:

As she got closer she had two ferrets, one in each hand, she was cradling them to hang down-forward facing as if to see where they were heading and holding them under their front arms. Guess she wanted to take them for a walk to see all the down'd trees. *time for school to start up again* :cyclops:

She should have had them on a leash, now that would have been something to. And as for your last comment...it can start by you but not by me yet.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It lasted until she saw me holding Belle at the other side of the gate and wanted to get to Belle. She wants so badly to make friends with Belle. She's trying to win Belle over with being cute. It's the funniest thing to watch. Meanwhile, Belle is trying to establish who the boss is...:hilarious:

But actually, so far, this is working well for Belle. She's not spending time in my room as much, she's active, she wants to know what Jasmine is up to...the making friends part just has to take its time.

Oh my this scenario sounds exactaly what happened when we got Kapono. She was supposed to be my husband's dog since Henry was a mama's boy. Kapono had other ideas, and became Henry's dog. Still leaving hubs without a dog until we took in my mom's dog, he became Hubby's shadow. Which is funny because, my mom's dog really didn't like hubby for many years.

Goofyernmost

I've never heard either theory, but here's what I don't get...I hear this about beer all the time: "It's an acquired taste." Ok...but WHY, if it tastes nasty the first time, WHY would you bother trying to acquire the taste? I drink neither beer nor coffee. No desire to keep putting the stuff in my mouth until it doesn't gag me anymore.
You read my mind. You hear the same thing about other things like Scotch or Liver. If I tried something and it made my body shiver with rejections why would I ever want to acquire a taste for it. It's like the angry farmer that was upset because, in an effort to save money started to feed his cattle sawdust and just when they got used to it they died for some reason. I am a believer in giving things a second chance because sometimes we do adapt and are more able to enjoy something. I have a Son in Law that still has the exact tastes in foods (basic meat and potatoes) that he had as a child and will not try anything. Will not eat veggies, other then peas, gags when looking at a garden salad, no fish, no eggs. He eats a lot of the stuff when it is incorporated with other things and doesn't know it's there. There is a limit to just not doing something because when you were 5 it had a texture you didn't like. But, it's his life.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Didn't we recently go through this with a bicyclist. Seem he became an un-hero in a big hurry. I'm at the point that when a human starts to do Hercules type things... I get suspicious. I guess we need our hero's, but, seriously, as my father used to say about bicycles... "I don't see any reason to peddle like mad just to give my butt** a ride".
Slightly censured for your reading enjoyment.
But us Brits don't need to cheat to win :p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've never heard either theory, but here's what I don't get...I hear this about beer all the time: "It's an acquired taste." Ok...but WHY, if it tastes nasty the first time, WHY would you bother trying to acquire the taste? I drink neither beer nor coffee. No desire to keep putting the stuff in my mouth until it doesn't gag me anymore.

For me I developed a taste for beer in college. It was cheap and often for me (a girl) free in bars, and in college I took what was free or cheap. So that is what I made myself drink. As I drank more I learned to like it. As I have aged, my beers have become more sophisticated. I like the deeper flavors and different styles of brewing. I have a hard time drinking Miller Lite or Coors light stuff anymore because it doesn't have any depth of flavor. Now if I could only do the same with broccoli.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Super stressed today. Woke up to a message about estate issues. Blech...everything should have been wrapped up MONTHS ago. I'm wondering what the lawyer is even doing, because we don't seem to be getting any closer to being able to sell things. Frustrated!!!

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully it gets straightened out soon. Will you have to come back to the states at all? Or should you be able to avoid that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom