The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Do you have a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Disney. It can be a bit long for some but it will have quite a bit of the info that you're looking for which is a bit hard to find on the web. It will answer questions you didn't even think to ask. Being your first trip remember you WILL NOT be able to see and do everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I downloaded and read through their Christmas specific guidebook, which was really helpful! It didn't go into the rides much though. If we find the magic on our upcoming trip and decide to make a return trip, I'll be buying the Unofficial Guide for sure! I've heard nothing but great things about it and I love their website!

betty rose

This place looks so so so pretty and that last photo of you and hubby :inlove::inlove: relationship goals!

We've had to storm days this week that flooded everywhere. Yesterday I have to take off my shoes and wade through a mini lake to get to my daughter's classroom. I love rain, but you can definitely have some of ours!!

My daughter's school parking lot:
View attachment 215450
I do not need that kind of rain. It's either feast or famine this year. I'm thinking this may be a really bad winter.

betty rose

It was crazy here but we we're Ok better than Six Flags area or Northshore. Our little river went way over and kept rising for a day. Fish swimming on the concrete and ducks swimming on the grass The river has come down a foot. I'd say if we don't get any rain by Sunday it might be Better The current on the sidewalks was even strong. And yet I've seen it lots worse over the years.
You are getting our monsoon. It usually comes in July, time for a rain dance!

betty rose

Yes, along with the Snapchats, DD has texted us lots of pics of the whole trip.
I know for sure they did a canal tour, went to at least one art/history museum, and took a quick spin through the red light district (which is apparently right next to the oldest church in Amsterdam), just to say they had.
A few pics...! :)

View attachment 215542
View attachment 215543
View attachment 215544
View attachment 215545
View attachment 215546 View attachment 215547
It look's like they are having a really wonderful time.

betty rose

View attachment 215556
We are spending our first night at All Star Music since we came a day early. The Cabins were unavailable for a Passholder discount for tonight. First observations. The sofa bed when we opened it had a washer and screw pop out while we unfolded it. Went to the bedroom to call and inform housekeeping. Phone was dead. Checked the phone cord. It was cut. Went to the other phone now and called to inform them about the sofa and the phone. :confused:

The bathrooms and kitchenette area look clean.

Loads of Brazilians. Went to get an early dinner just before 5. Got here at 4. The food court was empty. Went to order. Turned around and boom, like magic, there was a teenage Brazilian tour group behind us. :jawdrop:Timing is everything.
Got pizza for kids. I had a veggie burger. )shocker.) Dh had a chicken caesar salad. All was good.
View attachment 215557 View attachment 215559
Now, I'm hungry. I love food pictures!

betty rose

@betty rose - your post- question

Beans of any kind are my favorite. I would live on them, wait I almost do. I make bean salad, baked beans, white beans with bacon, red beans...just as they are. Green beans with bacon and onion. Bean soup, and so on. I do put baking soda in each dish, helps with the burping or other sounds!

I never heard of that 'cure' before. How much baking soda do you add?
I tsp. while cooking the beans. About 4 cups of beans.

betty rose

So, all the talk about vacations, I decided to look up when we have vacation the next couple of years, and I tell DH I think we should plan our next Disney vacay for 2019. We have the latest vacation that year, from like the 20th of July to September 1st or 2nd. We could go toward the end of the vacation period when it would be less busy because most kids are back to school. Plus, Star Wars land is slated to open that year. I ask him his thoughts and he says "Well....there are other places we want to go to besides Disney....right?" Um...sure, but that doesn't mean I don't ever want to go back to Disney! Plus, the things we want to see are all things that aren't really interesting for a 11 year old, which our son will be then. I said "Can you see DS in Italy, walking through churches and museums? Because I can't." That's something for when the kids are grown. I hope I'm not going to be like @BuddyThomas , trying to convince my DH to let me go to Disney again.
Good luck with getting to go. Start baking Disney themed cupcakes....maybe he will take the hint!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom