A Spirited Valentine ...

Daveeeeed

Disagree. WDW has its critics, but the

Its not soaring 2.0 but it is groundbreaking. Its approval ratings are through the roof so stop trying to make it sound like it's not.
I know you're the resident Disney Basher here but you've got to give credit where credit is due and they've hit a homerun with this attraction. You can try to spin it like they haven't but you know that they have. Grand slam maybe not but definitely a homerun.
Easily the best simulator on Earth. The second cannot even be close.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Have you been to Disneyland to see it?

A kind videographer friend in LA recorded it in HD for me, So yes I've seen it but not in person but it looks 1000x better than it did the last time I saw it at WDW in 2015, no dead strings of bulbs... no peeling finshes. No I will not be publishing the video, my friend gets PAID for his work does not give it away.

Bairstow

Translation the guy who had BEEN Kermit for 27 years disagreed with Iger's vision of Kermit, Yup that fits with what Disney has been doing to it's creatives the last decade or so.

Getting canned for disobeying your bosses isn't a phenomena unique to Disney, or the last decade.

Do you really think Iger was micro-managing Kermit the Frog? In addition to personally dictating edits to the Star Wars movies? In addition to designing Toy Story Land? I'm addition to mandating specific ESPN layoffs? In addition to engineering the stock bayback strategy? Move over, Walt, this dude has to be the most hands-on CEO of all time. How does he find time to sleep?

peter11435

A kind videographer friend in LA recorded it in HD for me, So yes I've seen it but not in person but it looks 1000x better than it did the last time I saw it at WDW in 2015, no dead strings of bulbs... no peeling finshes. No I will not be publishing the video, my friend gets PAID for his work does not give it away.
So no, that's what I thought.

I've seen it in person there and at WDW just before it left and no it doesn't look that much different. There are still issues. Regardless it needs to be retired.

I never asked to see the video. Nobody cares.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Getting canned for disobeying your bosses isn't a phenomena unique to Disney, or the last decade.

Do you really think Iger was micro-managing Kermit the Frog? In addition to personally dictating edits to the Star Wars movies? In addition to designing Toy Story Land? I'm addition to mandating specific ESPN layoffs? In addition to engineering the stock bayback strategy? Move over, Walt, this dude has to be the most hands-on CEO of all time. How does he find time to sleep?

Did you actually WATCH the 'new' muppet show,

It bombed because it broke all the longstanding relationships between the Muppets (Kermit/Piggy being the BIG ONE) due to the SJW carp being forced down every Disney media channel and where does that come from Iger and his lieutenants.

It's no big surprise that a guy who has spent 27 years safeguarding the character handed to him by Jim Henson himself might have told the executives that they were damaging the integrity of the character.

As to all the things you list, Iger is probably only PERSONALLY responsible for the buyback strategy, the rest is directed by his team along guidelines set by Iger.

Disneyhead'71

Getting canned for fighting for the artistic integrity of a creation after the corporate overlords buy it is also far too often the end result. True?

CaptainAmerica

Getting canned for fighting for the artistic integrity of a creation after the corporate overlords buy it is also far too often the end result. True?
Disney have done right (for the most part) by Star Wars and Marvel, the two acquisitions with which I'm most familiar. I don't know enough about the history of the Muppets to offer a credible opinion as to whether that was the case here, but the creative disagreements that LucasFilm has had with folks like Josh Trank and Lord/Miller have actually been in defense of the legacy.

Disneyhead'71

Disney have done right (for the most part) by Star Wars and Marvel, the two acquisitions with which I'm most familiar. I don't know enough about the history of the Muppets to offer a credible opinion as to whether that was the case here, but the creative disagreements that LucasFilm has had with folks like Josh Trank and Lord/Miller have actually been in defense of the legacy.
With the way the Muppet series turned out, I would guess that would be the opposite case here.

disneyC97

The Henson family has come out publicly in favor of the dismissal in The NY Times and a few other outlets, using stronger words than the Disney company has...

Bairstow

The Henson family has come out publicly in favor of the dismissal in The NY Times and a few other outlets, using stronger words than the Disney company has...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...ghter-says-recasting-Kermit-long-overdue.html

shots_fired.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Usually in a he-said/he-said public battle between an employee and employer, the employer is at a disadvantage. Not only is it unprofessional to publicly air all the faults of the person you fired, it opens you up to lawsuits of defamation of character. So, most corporate policy is 'no comment' while the fired person can make up all sorts of stuff, or at least, give a very biased account of what happened.

If Jim Henson's daughter is publicly going after the fired employee, I assure you, it's against the advice of her lawyer.

Bairstow

Is this the same daughter who put an end to the MGM plans and held off from the Disney acquisition? Not that that means much, but I wouldn't know which party to trust here.

Depends on whether you view the Hensons as deplorable sellouts or not, I guess.

EricsBiscuit

I saw the parade at DL 3 times last week and at WDW over a couple hundred times. Granted the parade should be retired. But, I didn't notice any major difference other than some shuffling of the order, the "Disneyland Presents..." And the cut of the Pleasure Island Float balanced by the Petes Dragon float effects. I doubt a parade built for WDW in 1977 (I think that's when the WDW version debuted, but it was long ago) could survive 6 years everyday performing twice if it had poor maintenance. True I didn't see the floats in the day but I sure as hell didn't notice paint peeling or strands of lights out.

Flight Safety, NASA and the DoD/MoD would probably disagree with you. I've done the one at Flight Safety takes you about 10 seconds to forget you are not in a real aircraft.
FOP is an amazing simulator. You can't expect your comment on it to have any weight if you have not experienced it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom