Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Monday, June 20

Have you ever had one of these days?
View attachment 214564

I'm here to tell you that neither Disney Magic (nor pixie dust) can prevent a trip on the struggle bus....even while you're on vacation.

As is typical, I was the first one to awaken this morning. The room was in total darkness and as I attempted to sneak quietly out of bed (so as not to wake Woody or Em) I whacked my head against this.....
View attachment 214570
....HARD!!!! The searing pain caused me to slump over on my side as tears welled in my eyes. This of course woke Woody, who was startled to see me slumped over without knowing the reason why. The poor guy thought I'd had a heart attack or stroke. Nope ~ just a lump and a bruise (on both my head and my ego!)

I got dressed and went to get breakfast while Woody showered and Em slept. The lounge was mobbed and I managed to snag the last open table. I opened my iPad to read while I ate and hadn't even had my first spoonful of oatmeal when a voice said, "Can I sit with you?"

I looked up to see a grandma holding a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. "I don't know where my family is. They may have left without me."

Well I would have to have a heart of stone to deny a chair to a grandma whose family is MIA. "Absolutely, have a seat!" I smiled.

So instead of reading, I closed my iPad and made idle chit chat with a stranger over breakfast. (Don't worry, she eventually found her family.)

On my way back to the room I passed a boy of about 9 who was watching "Fixer Upper" on the flat screen TV. He was on the sofa and his mom was sitting in a chair (behind the sofa) intently reading the newspaper.

"They found TERMITE DAMAGE!" the boy shrieked.

It was all I could do not to laugh.

Ten seconds later the urge to laugh subsided when my MagicBand would not unlock our door. Tried several times. Irritated, I knocked on the door. When Woody let me in I grabbed my other 3 MagicBands and tested them on the lock.

None worked. (The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round....)

I spent the next 15 minutes at the concierge desk getting my bands recoded. I returned to the lounge to find Woody and Em finishing their breakfast. Then we made the walk to the TTC. It was cloudy and a nice breeze was blowing so we weren't hot ~ but I sensed that rain was likely inevitable.

Glad we weren't headed to the MK. Look at that line!
View attachment 214566

After we got on the Epcot monorail I took a picture of Woody and Em. Woody's eyes were closed. "I need to take it again, your eyes were closed," I said.

Playful (scary?) Woody made sure it didn't happen a second time.
View attachment 214568
(Yes, Em made a meme of this to send to her brothers!)

I was not satisfied with the above either.
Third time's a charm.
View attachment 214569

Kids watch the darndest things! My friend's kid is OBSESSED with a cooking show called the Pioneer Woman. My other friend's kid wants to watch Big Fat Gypsy Wedding non-stop. Another friend lets her five year old watch the Walking Dead, and they surprisingly don't get nightmares from it!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, con't

This next post is entitled "What were they thinking?"

There is no picture for my first WWTT story, as I did not want to be a creeper taking a pic of other people's children. So let me set the stage for you. I had just snapped the Scary Woody pic when a family entered our monorail car. Mom was pushing a double-wide containing 4-year-old twins. All the seats were taken so Mom, Dad and an older child around 8 had to stand. Within 30 seconds we could tell these twins were a handful. The monorail began to move and BOTH twins stood up IN the stroller. Did Mom or Dad tell them to sit down for their safety? Of course not! (It wasn't hard to figure out WHY these twins were a handful.) Instead, Mom decided it was a good time to apply sunscreen on the kids as they continued STANDING in the stroller. Of course she (and the twins) kept losing their balance as the monorail zipped toward Epcot. Sunscreen ended up in eyes. Screaming and crying ensued.

We waited to exit until our car was empty.

The next two WWTT moments occurred as Em and I waited in the security line. To be honest, I don't understand the need for carrying giant backpacks into the parks (unless there's a baby or toddler.) Is lugging around all that stuff really necessary? I get annoyed when someone "forgets" he is wearing one and proceeds to whack whoever is behind him with it. And backpacks really slow down the security lines.

But bringing a suitcase into a park takes pack-mule to a whole 'nother level.
IMG_7550.JPG

(@RyPat this needs to be lightened up too, LOL)

Lastly, I am not sure what is more disturbing ~ an 18-month-old in a pram at a theme park (how in the world did Mom get that contraption here??!) or the same 18-month-old mesmerized by a cellphone screen.
IMG_7549.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Monday, con't

There is no picture for my first WWTT story, as I did not want to be a creeper taking a pic of other people's children. So let me set the stage for you. I had just snapped the Scary Woody pic when a family entered our monorail car. Mom was pushing a double-wide containing 4-year-old twins. All the seats were taken so Mom, Dad and an older child around 8 had to stand. Within 30 seconds we could tell these twins were a handful. The monorail began to move and BOTH twins stood up IN the stroller. Did Mom or Dad tell them to sit down for their safety? Of course not! (It wasn't hard to figure out WHY these twins were a handful.) Instead, Mom decided it was a good time to apply sunscreen on the kids as they continued STANDING in the stroller. Of course she (and the twins) kept losing their balance as the monorail zipped toward Epcot. Sunscreen ended up in eyes. Screaming and crying ensued.

The next two WWTT moments occurred as Em and I waited in the security line. To be honest, I don't understand the need for carrying giant backpacks into the parks (unless there's a baby or toddler.) Is lugging around all that stuff really necessary? I get annoyed when someone "forgets" he is wearing one and proceeds to whack whoever is behind him with it. And backpacks really slow down the security lines.

View attachment 214867

Lastly, I am not sure what is more disturbing ~ an 18-month-old in a pram at a theme park (how in the world did Mom get that contraption here??!) or the same 18-month-old mesmerized by a cellphone screen.
View attachment 214866
I love these types of posts
Makes me laugh / cry/ get angry all at the same time

Max

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Mother Nature was calling and you don't ignore Mother Nature! In the name of research, I am about to reveal to you "Shirley's Secret Bathroom Spot." (I know @fractal will get the reference....hope others do too! ;))

IMG_8556.JPG

Not a soul, and they even put out flowers for me!
IMG_8558.JPG

How does one find "Shirley's Secret Bathroom"?
Here's a clue ~

IMG_4300.JPG

My entourage was waiting for me.
IMG_8560.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Did we really need a fastpass for Figment? Yes, yes we did.

Standby was 30 minutes. :jawdrop:

IMG_4301.JPG

You know how they say everyone has a double? Sitting in the front of our car was @ajrwdwgirl's double. The only reason I was convinced it wasn't her was that the man next to her was not her husband Brad. (And if it really was her, I certainly wouldn't want to embarrass her by catching her cheating on her hubby. ;) :joyfull:)

"Helllllllo there!"
IMG_4302.JPG

IMG_4303.JPG

(Yes this picture is really right-side-up!)

DisneyGigi

Monday, con't

View attachment 214867

View attachment 214866
Strollers, are hard! I used one for my daughter, her first trip, (2 1/2) Will have to, this trip, but a simple umbrella stroller. I hate the cellphone thing, it is bad enough adults walk around oblivious to the world around them, but that babies learn to swipe before they can say their abcs.. I hate it!! Might show a disney video on mine, but do not allow either to play with my phone or any electronic gadgets. It is not healthy!

fractal

Monday, con't

View attachment 214867

View attachment 214866

:eek:

Purple Wall, Bubblegum Wall and one of our own creation ~

Mosaic Tile Wall!!!
View attachment 214913

I like Mosaic Tile Wall.

Mother Nature was calling and you don't ignore Mother Nature! In the name of research, I am about to reveal to you "Shirley's Secret Bathroom Spot." (I know @fractal will get the reference....hope others do too! ;))

View attachment 214916

Not a soul, and they even put out flowers for me!
View attachment 214915

How does one find "Shirley's Secret Bathroom"?
Here's a clue ~

View attachment 214914

My entourage was waiting for me.
View attachment 214917

Did they have a bowl of only green colored M&M's in there as well Mrs. MacLaine?

Perhaps a bottle or two of Perrier on ice?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Everyone must still be in Future World!
IMG_8564.JPG

We had a lunch ADR at one of our go-to places.

IMG_4305.JPG

San Angel Inn doesn't get a lot of love on these boards but we have always been pleased with the service and the food.....and you can't beat the atmosphere!

IMG_4306.JPG

The staff heard Shirley was coming so we were seated next to the water with empty tables all around us.
IMG_8566.JPG

It was fun to watch the boats go by.

IMG_4308.JPG

IMG_8568.JPG

Em enjoyed her margarita.
IMG_8567.JPG

No food pics because it was just too dark. And TBH, the food was not as good this visit. The chips had changed (as had the green salsa) and we barely touched them. Em ordered her usual veggie tacos from the appetizer menu and the serving size had been reduced from 3 small tacos to 2 (definitely not worth $5.50 per taco!) Woody's enchilada was just okay. And my Pollo a la Rajas was not to-die-for.

It pains me that we may have fallen into the "meh" camp. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom