Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

MegRuss626

IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0362.JPG

Meet Miss Ryleigh James!! She was born 6/29...and the plan is her first trip will be in 2021!! (With a Disney cruise snuck in between!!) Until then, I live vicariously Tuvalu's trips!! Maybe Ryleigh and Tuvalette will meet up on a trip one day!
Congratulations on the baby xxx who is named xxx and was born on xxx ....

Pics please

And Tuvalu - we are hijacking your AR!!
(Just for a short time though)

Max

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@MegRuss626 - She is beautiful. Enjoy the fact that she can't yet utter the words "no" or "but why (not)" and keep all of the cute memories and pictures close at hand so that when she is a snarky pre-teen you can easily remind yourself that deep down the sweet little girl is still there ;) (my DD's pre-teen snark-monster was out in full force last night but usually after a good night's sleep it goes away - at least for a few hours :joyfull:)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
On our spring break vacation the three of us stayed at POFQ. We encountered some problems which I emailed the GM about and I was contacted by a CM (on behalf of the GM) about a month later. She offered a few bonus FPs to use on this trip. Em and I decided to use our bonus on Splash Mountain. We expected Woody would just wait for us as he doesn't like to get wet.

Instead this happened:
"I think I'll go ride Big Thunder with my bonus while you guys are on Splash Mountain."
Say what????
Woody, the man who considers all attractions optional and never feels obligated to use a FP, then uttered an even more unbelievable statement.
"I wouldn't want to waste a fastpass."
We have never known Woody to ride anything alone. And now, @Longers, he was going on BTMRR without us! :jawdrop:
But since it was Father's Day, Em and I smiled and said, "Have fun!"

We went to find Br'er Rabbit.
View attachment 214149

View attachment 214150

Porky Pine always makes me smile!
View attachment 214151

There's that wascally wabbit! (Oops, wrong cartoon....)
View attachment 214152

It was during this point that Em nudged me. The man in front of us was taking a video of the ride....only he'd forgotten to push the record button. :rolleyes:

View attachment 214153

Uh-oh.
View attachment 214154

View attachment 214155
Yup, the guy is still "recording".

We survived! Time to party!
View attachment 214157

I must say Woody is one smart man, no Splash for him (excellent choice, I don't like the wet factor either) and then deciding to ride Big Thunder,tremendously excellent choice!

And that poor guy on Splash, thinking he was recording and wasn't, but it is funny that in the picture he is holding up his phone "recording" and the picture documents the non-record. Were you tempted to tell him he wasn't recording? I would have been tempted but probably wouldn't have told him either.

Longers

Loving all the pictures.

The brownie sundae in the Plaza looks delicious - craving one right now!

And if Woody would have liked company on BTMRR I would have been there - still counting down my days to get on "the wildest ride in the wilderness"

And yes we know about the purple wall in the UK, although truth be told I only knew about in this year so not sure how many years I've missed out on that one!?

Songbird76

You sound like my dad...LOL!! :hilarious: Those two words are a big reason why my parents will be celebrating their 47th anniversary next year. :cat:
When DH and I got married, our pastor told him he only needed 2 phrases in order to have a happy marriage. "Yes, Dear." and "I think I have something to do in the garage." The important thing is to not get them mixed up. For example, if your wife asks you "Does this dress make me look fat?" That is NOT the time for a "Yes, Dear."

Songbird76

@MegRuss626 - She is beautiful. Enjoy the fact that she can't yet utter the words "no" or "but why (not)" and keep all of the cute memories and pictures close at hand so that when she is a snarky pre-teen you can easily remind yourself that deep down the sweet little girl is still there ;) (my DD's pre-teen snark-monster was out in full force last night but usually after a good night's sleep it goes away - at least for a few hours :joyfull:)
Aw...how old is your snark-monster? My DD is 11 and so far she has had a few Donkey Hormone surges, but we usually recognize it for what it is, and chocolate can cure most episodes. A bit of chocolate and a good cry and she's back to being my sweet little girl.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Songbird76 - She'll be 12 next month. And yes, I fully understand it is (usually) hormone related and for the most part you just have to ride it out. Last night however she crossed a line and I took away her phone for the weekend (which she only received one week ago as an early birthday present so that she could communicate with her best friend during the summer break). I think she realizes she went too far as well, because she has not made one peep about asking for it back.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
And that poor guy on Splash, thinking he was recording and wasn't, but it is funny that in the picture he is holding up his phone "recording" and the picture documents the non-record. Were you tempted to tell him he wasn't recording? I would have been tempted but probably wouldn't have told him either.
English was not his primary language. ;)

And yes we know about the purple wall in the UK, although truth be told I only knew about in this year so not sure how many years I've missed out on that one!?
I believe it is only within the last year or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom