Uber at the end of the night?

Minnie1986

Has anyone used Uber at park closing to avoid the nightmare that is the bus wait? I'm contemplating using Lyft/Uber. Me+cranky/sleepy child= no bueno. Thanks!

UpAllNight

Getting Uber home from the parks especially if you leave at close is just a no go...the only place we had a slight issue was animal kingdom but we got around that by leaving the park very late after the second showing of RoL. For MK we walked to Contemporary...for Epcot it was usually yacht club/swan/dolphin and we walked to the same resorts from Studios. Admittingly walking further after a day in the parks is pretty brutal, but I deem it a better option than the buses.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Getting Uber home from the parks especially if you leave at close is just a no go...the only place we had a slight issue was animal kingdom but we got around that by leaving the park very late after the second showing of RoL. For MK we walked to Contemporary...for Epcot it was usually yacht club/swan/dolphin and we walked to the same resorts from Studios. Admittingly walking further after a day in the parks is pretty brutal, but I deem it a better option than the buses.
May I ask where you were staying?

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Thanks! I had a horrible experience trying to get back from MK to Pop century. Even with taking the AoA bus, it took us almost 90 mins to get back. I can't imagine doing that with a kid.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thanks! I had a horrible experience trying to get back from MK to Pop century. Even with taking the AoA bus, it took us almost 90 mins to get back. I can't imagine doing that with a kid.

I'm assuming you won't have a car. A car is the fastest way to leave even at MK. You could always rent a car we find it's much easier and faster to get around. (Only downside needing a car seats etc depending on the size and age of your child unlike with Disney transport it's not needed) Nice to come and go as you please and not have to wait for long for anything. Plus it's free to park at the parks if staying onsite. Just a thought. ;)

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I'm assuming you won't have a car. A car is the fastest way to leave even at MK. You could always rent a car we find it's much easier and faster to get around. (Only downside needing a car seats etc depending on the size and age of your child unlike with Disney transport it's not needed) Nice to come and go as you please and not have to wait for long for anything. Plus it's free to park at the parks if staying onsite. Just a thought. ;)
I'll give it some thought. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I have. I think Uber is much easier than a car. I haven't used it to/from MK, but I have either to or from at all of the other parks.

It's wonderful! They've always been waiting right outside of a park at the time when i ordered one.
Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks! That experience at MK two years was damn near scarring for me (can you tell I get impatient when I'm exhausted?).

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

Has anyone used Uber at park closing to avoid the nightmare that is the bus wait? I'm contemplating using Lyft/Uber. Me+cranky/sleepy child= no bueno. Thanks!

I have used it after Epcot closes. I walked to BC, hailed a car on my app and was at Kidani in 10 minutes.

I have used it MK closing, too. Like others have said, you just walk to CR, but beware of surge pricing.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks! That experience at MK two years was damn near scarring for me (can you tell I get impatient when I'm exhausted?).

Completely understand..I do too!
I'm sure there are plenty of Uber's waiting at the Contemporary or TTC for people...just order one as you're either walking to CR or on the monorail for the TTC. No need to do it earlier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom