The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Luxury Carriage Stroller/SUV transportation up to 6 passengers
$299.99
Our luxury carriage stroller fits up to two children ages (3-9). Includes our chauffeur/ luxury SUV transportation for your family of up to five to the Magic Kingdom drop off. Larger vehicle are available with upcharge.
So, its not just the stroller. It also includes Chauffeur and luxury SUV transport?

donaldtoo

And then I took the fast food quiz to see where I was from. Hmpf I moved again. Thinking I should be living somewhere West.

http://www.magiquiz.com/quiz/take-this-fast-food-quiz-and-well-guess-where-you-live/9/
Fast-Food-G.jpg

The southwest has got it all! Whether you want tacos, burgers, or BBQ, you can have your choice of the finest in fast food cuisine any day of the week.

With the hot weather, who wants to cook, anyway?

And.....
I got the Midwest, yet again... :cyclops:

In the middle of America, you have access to a little bit of everything. You want pizza? You got it. You want tacos? You’ve got choices!

The midwest is as American as fast food gets. You’re living the dream!

As with most all of these online quizzes, there are always many choices in most of the questions that are a bit of a head-scratcher... :confused:
I know they choose not to put 20 choices per question, but, there are so many choices in both quizzes that I would have chosen over the ones I did that weren't listed. Also, I didn't do any "nothing listed above" answers.
Fun, nonetheless...! :)

donaldtoo

Ha!! That's both funny and sad that your parents thought being on the Principal's list meant you were in trouble. Ours was call the Principal's Honor Roll, so no confusion there.
That's the thing...there are all different kinds of intelligence and giftedness. One kid is a stellar athlete. (That was definitely NOT me. I can trip over air.) Another can sing or draw or write. Another is great with computers and gadgets. This "every kid gets a trophy" herd mentality is not good for anyone's self esteem in the long run. Kids aren't allowed to explore their talents and find out what they are truly gifted at, and every kid has SOMETHING. DD does really well in school, but she turns over her papers so no one can see her grades and feel bad if they didn't do as well on a test.(She actually came home bursting with pride last week for her friend because the friend improved so much in spelling and math. She was happier for her friend than she was for herself) But she is also super happy for a kid who is athletic and does well in PE, even though she might be more uncoordinated than I am, and that is saying something. Give kids some credit for being empathetic and understanding that they can't be good at everything. And it's ok for kids to see others succeed and do well. It teaches them to work hard to emulate that and to find the area where they shine themselves. And it teaches them good sportsmanship. I think we underestimate kids' ability to understand each other and the world around them. They are more aware than we give them credit for.

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
To be fair, that was moms reaction...pop knew what it was, but, jokingly acted shocked and upset at first. :rolleyes:
At my junior high in No Cal we had both the Principals List and the Honor Roll...the Principals list was a notch higher.
But yes, compared to "Honor Roll", "Principals List" probably sounded more like this...!!! :hilarious: ;)

And, they do get so much more than so many give them credit for. We gave our kiddos the proper guidance we thought was best, and raised them as compassionate, caring, hard-working people by example. They have huge hearts, but, also smart common sense minds.
We are blessed...!!!!! :happy:

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Poor DS is having a rough time. My dad died not quite 3 months ago, then Friday his chess teacher collapsed, and today my FIL ended up in the hospital with a brain aneurysm. He's ok, and I told the kids that BEFORE I told them what he had, but DS is taking it really really hard. He's scared he's going to lose Opa now, too. He's had stomach aches every night since Friday when the teacher collapsed, and I think it's stress related. So now he's completely frazzled and not doing well. I don't know what to do to help him.

Oy. I'm sorry. It is rough when young kids get rattled like that. I have zero words of wisdom in helping you DS, so sorry. Tummy on the other hand maybe the Doc can prescribe some over the counter type antacids for him? Here items like Zantac and Pepsid AC do wonders almost immediately for the emotionally stressed stomach, usually withing 30 minutes to an hour. Maybe if he felt physically better he can focus on his GrandDad getting better?

Gabe1

Oh no. DS doesn't do creative stuff. His idea of coloring is to have me print off a coloring page and then hand it to his sister. It's not his thing. We are going to try to have Opa call him tonight to talk to him if he's up to it. He was feeling better this afternoon and can walk and talk. There's no lingering paralysis, so that's good....if he feels ok, he can talk to DS and maybe it will help DS to realize he really is going to be ok.

Ha! That is my son, in his youth and in his adult life.

Gabe1

Probably similar levels like that Disney wedding on the castle (500,000 USD the most basic package I think)

My DGodDaughter had every intention of being married in Epcot at a Pavilion, I believe either France or Italy. Ultimately she could not pull it off and had a destination wedding in Cancun and honeymooned in Disney.

Gabe1

And.....
I got the Midwest, yet again... :cyclops:

In the middle of America, you have access to a little bit of everything. You want pizza? You got it. You want tacos? You’ve got choices!

The midwest is as American as fast food gets. You’re living the dream!

As with most all of these online quizzes, there are always many choices in most of the questions that are a bit of a head-scratcher... :confused:
I know they choose not to put 20 choices per question, but, there are so many choices in both quizzes that I would have chosen over the ones I did that weren't listed. Also, I didn't do any "nothing listed above" answers.
Fun, nonetheless...! :)

And the fact that so many of the choices are not in Illinois so it narrowed it all.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Parent/teacher conferences this evening...DS is doing a bit better emotionally and his test scores were all great, so yay. DD's scores were all top notch and her preliminary advice for school is VWO (that's what she was shooting for because that's what she needs to do the dual immersion Dutch/English program in high school. As long as she keeps doing what she's doing, she's good to go. So excited for her...she's worked so so hard!

I had my 2nd audition for choir last night and was approved, so I get to stay. Whew! I'm relieved...I needed good news yesterday. I didn't even know there was a 2nd audition until they told me to prepare a piece or 2 for last night and it had me a bit worried. They said it's standard after 6 months, but I haven't BEEN there for 6 months, plus I was in the US for my dad's funeral for 6 weeks, and a few of the weeks that I WAS there, I didn't get to sing with them because it was dress rehearsals for performances. So for all intents and purposes, I've only been singing with them for 2, maybe 3 months. But it went well and I can stay. Yesterday ended better than it started at least!
Congrats all the way around.:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Luxury Carriage Stroller/SUV transportation up to 6 passengers
$299.99
Our luxury carriage stroller fits up to two children ages (3-9). Includes our chauffeur/ luxury SUV transportation for your family of up to five to the Magic Kingdom drop off. Larger vehicle are available with upcharge.
Even so unless it was a once in a lifetime trip a complete waste of money.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Does anybody fancy doing my job interview today?

Feel sick just thinking about it :eek::(

No, but good luck!! You got this!!

The boys were warned to be extra good yesterday so I could watch Moana, FINALLY! OMG I loved it, I'm not sure exactly where it will rank long term but I'm going to buy both the soundtrack and Blu Ray.:oops::angelic::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

We bought the soundtrack because there was no way I could learn the songs fast enough for my demanding toddler. The second language was much harder to pick up than the Frozen lyrics, lol.

I'm slightly ashamed to say this, but I've been listening to it on my commute even without the tiny human in the car :hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom