Trip Report Spoiler Alert. No Pandora, but Flowers and Gardens and Waves Galore.

Time for my first trip report!!! Exciting! First off going to tag some people in no particular order. :) @21stamps , @figmentfan423 , @Gabe1 , @betty rose , @littleroo, @Tony the Tigger , @donaldtoo, @Mr Ferret 88 , @Tuvalu , @TheMouseFan , @blgauger , @bee , @Cesar R M , @Songbird76 , @StarWarsGirl , @MinnieM123 , @MOXOMUMD , @ajrwdwgirl , @93boomer , @Courtney6682 , @amjt660 , @Doc Disney , @Goofyernmost @everybody:)

If you haven't read the ptr here is a link to it. :)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-hopefully-pandora-thrown-in-f-g-trip-2017.925406/

The planning for this trip May 19-27 started in November last year after I received a precious pin code in my email. I couldn't say no to that. ;)

Eventually I ended up getting a better rate when the AP discounts came out(dh had an AP at the time), so I rebooked for the same resort, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. :happy:

Who was going: me, dh, and the 4 kiddos(dd15, ds13, dd9, dd6). Who we were leaving at home(3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 cockatiel, and a dear SIL who was housesitting for a price. ;))

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Not even at the authentic Mexican restaurant?;)

Thanks for reading!! I really loved taking all the photos knowing I would be sharing with all my crazy Disney friends. :D

We tried there and at the hot dog stand (I mean how can you mess up a hot dog stand?!??) And they both made us sick for a while afterwards. The hot dog was mushy. Like the meat itself, not just the bun.

We did have fun at the gift store though and I highly recommend everyone stops by there at least once because it's a cool experience. Almost like walking through an abandoned carnival. Just don't eat there and if you use the restroom,... Prepare to squat and hover and not touch anything :rolleyes:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
We tried there and at the hot dog stand (I mean how can you mess up a hot dog stand?!??) And they both made us sick for a while afterwards. The hot dog was mushy. Like the meat itself, not just the bun.

We did have fun at the gift store though and I highly recommend everyone stops by there at least once because it's a cool experience. Almost like walking through an abandoned carnival. Just don't eat there and if you use the restroom,... Prepare to squat and hover and not touch anything :rolleyes:
Ewww:eek::eek:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
For my meal I had the soup of the day which was a tomato bisque. I also had the heirloom tomato salad. The bisque was the best tomato soup I had ever eaten and dd6 who has never shown any interest at all in tomato soup ate about half of it on me. :rolleyes: The tomato salad was just ok.
IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

Dd6 had the kids mac and cheese with fries.
IMG_0544.JPG

She enjoyed her meal. Apparently I do mot have pics of anyone else's meals. I know ds had a plain burger and that dd9 had the chicken strips.

We were all too full and tired for dessert. :oops:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
After dinner we walked our meals off. I know, I just had a light meal as far as Disney is concerned, but I still had to walk off those vegetables. ;)
We ended up at the toy store. Shocker. :)
IMG_0551.JPG

We purchased 3 new Tsum Tsum's to add to the collection of I am embarassed to say how many. :oops: I did cut down on purchasing them after they raised the prices.

The kids were all tired and getting cranky and disagreeable so we just took the boat back to POR, hopped in the car and drove the 2 minute ride back to FW. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
It was pretty quiet in Les Halles. Evrything always looks so darn delicious and it is always hard to choose what to get although my favorite pastry is the pain au choclate. :)
IMG_0589.JPG

Dd6 had the container of macarons. Dd9 had the strawberry tart, dd15 had the brie and apple sandwich, ds had a plain baguette and I think dh had a Napoleon. I don't have pics from today of the food, but I do have some from another day. We kind of had the same menu items for breakfast each time we ate there. :D
IMG_0590.JPG

Empty! :)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Before we rode the kids wanted to go inside and make their cars. So we went in the showroom building snd they got to make new cars. Since there are 6 of us, only 3 would probably be able to design new cars on the ride, so that us why we did this. :)
IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG

Ds ended up getting the high score from all riders that day so far. :)

amjt660

View attachment 209236
Looking at this picture now and I am surprised that the skies didn't open up. Love the Mickey and Minnie looking down at everyone. :happy:
View attachment 209237
Ahhh. Basin!! I love this place, or should I say my nose loves this place. Love all the smells.
View attachment 209238

Have never eaten at T-REX My kids are not into Dino's View attachment 209239
Who wouldn't pay an upcharge to just wade in this water for 20 minutes. ;)
What are you talking about?
That upgrade is already available.
All you do is slip off your footwear and wade right in.
The charge is usually trespassing or indecent exposure (depending on how much you slip off and how many soda pops you have consumed)
Pay your fine and there you go!!!

Max

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
In my family it is the opposite.

Max
I will happily make you an honorary crazy Disney wife.;):p
What are you talking about?
That upgrade is already available.
All you do is slip off your footwear and wade right in.
The charge is usually trespassing or indecent exposure (depending on how much you slip off and how many soda pops you have consumed)
Pay your fine and there you go!!!

Max
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I don't have the guts to do that.:angelic:

21stamps

Day 2 May 20
Today was an Epcot day. Since we did not have to worry about EMH we got up at our normal time. 6. :)
Here are the first photos I took that day. I love the flower carpet. I could stare at it all day but never get the chance. :D
View attachment 209473 View attachment 209474 View attachment 209475 View attachment 209476 View attachment 209477 View attachment 209478

What time did the kids go to bed? Are they cranky at all when they wake up when at Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom