Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItlngrlBella

You're literally the first person I've met on here that actually doesn't think Epcot was a god send. Any time i bring up old Epcot, saying that it's boring and outdated, they all say that I wasn't even alive to experience the wonders of old Epcot. But when i read up about it and look at videos, it looks horrid. I don't even see Mickey Mouse in any of the home videos that are on YouTube. Mickey Mouse! They plaster him everywhere! You'd think they'd have him walking around, but no.

I think if you visited in the context of living in a world where cable TV was just coming of age (most people only had a few channels,), there were no cell phones (well, few and they were HUGE), and media/communications wasn't as accessible as it is today you can understand where us "old folks" are coming from.

In a sense "the future came true" - but what we miss now is "the future there is to be..."

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lemme call up Doc Brown and he can take me in his Delorean back to 1982. Brb :rolleyes:
It certainly wasn't for everyone. And not everyone had the attention span or desire sometimes needed. But imagine a park like no other. That looked like no other. And where everything was of a unified look and theme from the trash cans to the benches to the signs. Total theming. Where every pavilion with a ride had a lavish E Ticket. Where everything else was a D. Imagine a single park that had cutting edge, state of the art ride and story telling technology. Think a park that had a Forbidden Journey, Soarin, Test Track, Indy EMV, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Shanghai Pirates and more all in one place. It was a unique place with a unique feel.

It could hold over 25,000 just on its rides and attractions alone at the same time. And had 968 brand new music loops on opening day. The scale was staggering. And it showed.

Haymarket2008

So if Energy gets pushed back, what will be the next major addition to Future World in the interim? Apart from the Innoventions overhaul and central spine projects. I feel that with Soarin' 2.0 open, they could refresh The Land relatively quickly. A few cosmetic changes, minor refurb for LwtL and a swap out of Circle of Life. Done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So if Energy gets pushed back, what will be the next major addition to Future World in the interim? Apart from the Innoventions overhaul and central spine projects. I feel that with Soarin' 2.0 open, they could refresh The Land relatively quickly. A few cosmetic changes, minor refurb for LwtL and a swap out of Circle of Life. Done.

Here's the thing, Energy **was** pushed back. But, if I'm reading Martin correctly, it may be back to being sooner than later with an IP other than GotG.

Note the "may."

HMF

Again, Central Spine work is most urgent in my opinion, Save Energy for if/when we have a competent management team.

Haymarket2008

Here's the thing, Energy **was** pushed back. But, if I'm reading Martin correctly, it may be back to being sooner than later with an IP other than GotG.

Note the "may."

I'm hoping you are right. Although, it ALL depends on what the replacement IP is....hopefully not a "be careful what you wish for" scenario if Guardians is replaced with an even worse fit.

HMF

I'm hoping you are right. Although, it ALL depends on what the replacement IP is....hopefully not a "be careful what you wish for" scenario if Guardians is replaced with an even worse fit.
There cannot possibly be a worse fit. Again, I would like to see minimal damage done to the parks theme as much as possible.

Last edited:

clemmo

Note the "may."
Wasn't it supposed to close end of last year too? Not saying I don't believe Martin obviously plans change.

It certainly wasn't for everyone. And not everyone had the attention span or desire sometimes needed. But imagine a park like no other. That looked like no other. And where everything was of a unified look and theme from the trash cans to the benches to the signs. Total theming. Where every pavilion with a ride had a lavish E Ticket. Where everything else was a D. Imagine a single park that had cutting edge, state of the art ride and story telling technology. Think a park that had a Forbidden Journey, Soarin, Test Track, Indy EMV, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Shanghai Pirates and more all in one place. It was a unique place with a unique feel.

It could hold over 25,000 just on its rides and attractions alone at the same time. And had 968 brand new music loops on opening day. The scale was staggering. And it showed.

Wait. Did every pavilion have an E ticket? I thought only Horizons has departed with WoL pavilion too? I think I'm just misinterpreting your post, because what you're describing sounds incredible.

In this analogy, what are the Forbidden Journey, indy EMV, splash mountain, ToT and shanghai equivalents? Are you saying, that there were supposed to be MORE attractions that never got built, or are you saying there WERE attractions of this caliber that were torn down? I'm probably overthinking this post. But please make this theoretical park exist so I can give it my money

Herbie

Maybe he means mentally thrilling... Epcot didn't really have anything on that scale. If it did, the fundamentals might not have went out of style for some. It was acceptable in the early years, but the place needed consistent updating.

DznyRktekt

There cannot possibly be a worse fit. Again, I would like to minimize damage as much as possible.
There may have been a worse fit, only in World Showcase..:cautious:
upload_2017-5-25_19-4-44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom