The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

What she said. I'm trying to justify getting a new suit this year but so far I can't come up with a good reason:( Cute doesn't quite cut it:(
I always get at least one new one so I'm guaranteed a suit that doesn't self destruct mid summer. I learned that lesson the hard way.

I have two right now that are from last year, so I was planning on just getting one new one, but if both work, I might do as others have suggested and keep both. That'll give me two old plus two new and I should be good for a while.

StarWarsGirl

You go girl. I'd keep them both if they both work. I love the first one, the pattern and colors are so rich and pretty. Me, much older I tend to avoid the deep dip that I once wore when I was your age. I love it but being endowed and older...I'm mindful of my age. The second one is cut straight across and for me I like it better for me but halter neck strap with the straight across style tends not to do the necessary support thing for my needs. I usually buy that straight across but with 2 shoulder straps. Tends to work for me.

Let me know how they work for you. I just peeked at the Lands End Suits and there are many I'd like to buy. I like their patterns more this year.
I have the opposite problem from you. Halter styles are pretty much the only ones that work on me because I'm short. They can be adjusted so the tops are up where they belong. Other suits can be problematic, and I could end up showing WAY more than in the halter. So I stick with the halter. I've been wearing that same style since I was 15, and it works well on me. Plus I'm spared from having to go swimsuit shopping.

Last year's patterns were not as good. Glad they've got different ones this year.

StarWarsGirl

Very sneaky...I swear you are part cat.
Oh, how I wish I were a cat. Getting petted and loved all day instead of, ya know, working.

When I first figured it out, I had "Grim Grinning Ghosts" play on the TV. Just to creep her out. Then, I had Hephalumps and Woozles play. Then she paused it. Then I pressed play. Then she paused it. I pressed play again...later when she asked about it, I said, "Don't ask me, the Hephalumps and Woozles must have done it.":cautious:

MySmallWorldof4

I'm one of those people who hangs out in the deep part and body surfs them in. I knkw the ideal spot for riding them in as far as possible. Then I swim back out and wait for the next one. While doing some surface dives in between.
I am the opposite now. As a kid I probably would have been out thete, but now I am closer to where the wave becomes tame. :)

Goofyernmost

Same here. My daughter is the same way. :)
I have a story about that. Years ago, 1967 to be exact, I went on a European Tour via college. It was my first flight and after having spent 19 years listening to my Dad go on about how he would never fly in a plane*, I was a tad nervous.
He was a mechanic on P-47's in WWII and his favorite expression was "I know how many things can go wrong with an airplane!"
Anyway, we flew out of Montreal headed for Portugal. No more then a half hour after takeoff, the pilot came wandering out of the cockpit and spotted the only open seat in the plane. That was right next to me. He said to me.. mind if I sit there? I said... Hey it's your plane sit wherever you want. He sat down, didn't say anything and promptly fell sound asleep. Fast forward about 5 more hours. The Co-pilot proceeded to cut back on the engines as he was making the approach to land in Lisbon. When the engine sound changed it woke the pilot up. He sat up straight looking around and with a semi-terrified look on his face, jumped up and, literally, ran to the front of the plane. What a way to start a life of flying.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I always get at least one new one so I'm guaranteed a suit that doesn't self destruct mid summer. I learned that lesson the hard way.

I have two right now that are from last year, so I was planning on just getting one new one, but if both work, I might do as others have suggested and keep both. That'll give me two old plus two new and I should be good for a while.
I picked up couple at end of season clearance sales last year, so no more for a while:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom