The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Everything goes better with Jello! I remember you gathering all that stuff for her party last year for the girls to make. Oy. That age can be so hard. Still I give her credit for having a friend still with special needs especially with the child constantly acting up. A very compassionate DD you have. :inlove:
Thanks...she really is very empathetic. She loves her friend, but knows her limits, too.We'll have her over a different day or maybe they can go swimming or something that doesn't involve the girl having to concentrate or be still. At least this year will be low maintenance. No craft stuff to gather...just junk food for whatever they decide to watch on Netflix. Hubby and I can park them on the couch with the snacks and we can go upstairs and let them have fun. That's the nice thing about them getting older....we don't have to watch them every minute.

Songbird76

Forgive my quick attempt to partially ketchup.

Good advice.
I liked the doctor that believed that less than an ounce of Tequeila to relax and sleep was better than higher stress level.

Paula just....a woman that always has to be a nemesis. Strange woman.

ADRs even at Disney is a hit or miss depending on the week. Some swear they can get them whenever others not. Our last three trips have been very different. I walked up to Boatwright and they looked at me like I was from Marz. Went to the lobby to see what was available and Boatwright had all sorts of openings. Frustrating. I've had the same thing with Primetime. Epcot to Studios on boat booked a ressie 15 minutes out where I couldn't in advance the night before or before the vacation.

Amen Sister Friend. I want warm and sun.

Today I told my DD of a mug I want that I keep avoiding spending the money on. I told her if DS, last minute Charlie asked her, I want that.

Me too. It isn't only driving through 'cause I don't but what peaches get up here too.

I'm with you to the Mojitos. Can't seem to like those. Crack open another bottle of white wine for me instead.

That is how DD and I have both been today. It is certainly the cooler temps and the rain.

OK I'll try again tomorrow. I hope.
Disney's do seem weird...we had an ADR for Tuskerhouse, but there was a big storm and they closed everything outdoors at AK, so we went about 45 minutes early for our ADR and they wouldn't let us check in. But people who just showed up and DIDN'T have an ADR were able to get a table in like 15 minutes, while we had to sit there waiting to even check in. So if we hadn't had an ADR, we'd have gotten in sooner than we did WITH it. Ridiculous.

And I agree on mojitos...yuck. I am not a wine girl though...but I DID find a wine that I like. My brother-in-law's homemade apple wine, which has a lot more alcohol than regular wine...it's pretty boozy. He gave me a bottle to take home and I'm planning on bringing it to my in-laws' this weekend to share.

Songbird76

Got 2 packages today! My mother's day present (Big Bang Theory season 1-9 DVD box set) and the box of stuff I sent myself that wouldn't fit in my suitcase. Woohoo!!

Man, planning the DLP trip is turning out to be difficult. You can't do anything online, but I tried to log in to my account on the DLP website and it gave me an error when I tried to look up my booking. I tried the Dutch site and half of it was in French! I call the help line and the person can't help me because she doesn't speak Dutch, but doesn't understand why I'm seeing french because HER Dutch page doesn't show French. She tells me to refresh the page...I tried it 3 times and every time it gave me french. Then she's like...well..what do you need to do on the page? Well, it says to check and make sure the details are correct. Yes, but the only thing I can do is send you the same email you already got that says you paid, etc. Ok, but when I need to book ADRS, I'm going to need to be able to link to my booking. No, because that's only by phone, not online. Then why do you tell people to check their bookings if you can't do anything?

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Monday is our meeting about DS's testing we did a couple of months ago.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Got 2 packages today! My mother's day present (Big Bang Theory season 1-9 DVD box set) and the box of stuff I sent myself that wouldn't fit in my suitcase. Woohoo!!

Man, planning the DLP trip is turning out to be difficult. You can't do anything online, but I tried to log in to my account on the DLP website and it gave me an error when I tried to look up my booking. I tried the Dutch site and half of it was in French! I call the help line and the person can't help me because she doesn't speak Dutch, but doesn't understand why I'm seeing french because HER Dutch page doesn't show French. She tells me to refresh the page...I tried it 3 times and every time it gave me french. Then she's like...well..what do you need to do on the page? Well, it says to check and make sure the details are correct. Yes, but the only thing I can do is send you the same email you already got that says you paid, etc. Ok, but when I need to book ADRS, I'm going to need to be able to link to my booking. No, because that's only by phone, not online. Then why do you tell people to check their bookings if you can't do anything?

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Monday is our meeting about DS's testing we did a couple of months ago.
Have you tried logging out of the site then logging back in ? We had issues with mde and that fixed it.

Songbird76

eeeh, honestly.. no
She's more demanding now. She wants to have a say on anything done on the house. she even emotes very loudly when you pass her imaginary water level on her glass or even her imaginary perfect angle of the door (it has to be half closed before she goes to bed)

Health wise, she's as good a 97 year old woman is.
She is struggling now to walk, after the last fall she definitively walks way slower and with more effort.
Well to be fair, at 97, she must have done something right to get to that age. If she wants the door half open, maybe there's something to it!! Frustrating for you, though.

MySmallWorldof4

Oh, good luck with the testing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Yeah the DLP site is kind of worthless. I have a good site bookmarked on my laptop I will send you a link later.

Songbird76

Yeah but dimensions would be different. Do they buy extra boxes just in case? Still seems weird to me. Are they kind of quirky over there?
Some people are...but the Dutch are known for being frugal...hence the term "Going Dutch". Not EVERYONE is like that, but for example, my DH's aunt...her son was getting married to an American woman and they married in Pennsylvania. My MIL is his Godmother, so she went to Pennsylvania for the wedding and stayed in the same hotel as the groom's parents. They checked into the hotel and then went to have a cup of coffee, but my MIL forgot her wallet in her room, so her sister-in-law paid for it and then was mortally offended that my MIL didn't pay her back immediately on entering her room. The next morning, they went to breakfast and she demanded my MIL pay back those $2 before they sat down to breakfast. And Dutch people are known for making sandwiches and taking them on any day trip so they don't have to buy food anywhere when they are out. Taking the floor for the new house is normal to them. What they would do would be put it in whatever room they have enough for and then if they came up short for something, they'd buy new for the smaller area. Like...we have the same flooring throughout our house, but then the hose on our dishwasher came loose and ruined the flooring in the kitchen and a little bit into the Dining area. The insurance didn't want to pay for a new floor for the whole downstairs, so they took 2 or 3 boards from the hallway and put them in the dining area and only replaced the hallway and the kitchen. (the dining room and the living room are open with no doorway or anything, so they would have had to replace the entire space to get the one room to have all the same floor. The kitchen and hallway are both closed off spaces)

Songbird76

Oh, good luck with the testing.
Thanks! Testing was done before my dad died...we were just waiting on the results and advice meeting when we had to rush to the US. So this meeting is the one we should have had a month ago, but had to put off until I got back. I am really looking forward to answers!!! I'm rather expecting they say it's autism, but once we have an actual diagnosis, the school can make a plan.

MySmallWorldof4

7 days!! How exciting!! Have SO much fun! I'm jealous!
No need to be jealous. You have your own exciting trip to look forward to in a resort I will most likely never go to. Even if you are having difficulties with their site, at least you have the fun of planning ahead.:) Plus there are loads of YouTube videos on the resort. Someone also posted a DLP trip report in the trip reports forum. I forgot her username, but she is from Belgium. Maybe someone else here remembers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom