Nighttime Hogwarts Show Harry Potter Christmas

clemmo

I see they mentioned this isn't the last HP announcement they have this year. Definitely a nod to the DC plans they have. I still don't know if I believe that 2019 timeline I saw over on OU.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Uhhh... "holidays" in Potterland sounds great.

A Universal/Macy's parade sounds awful.

I remember a long, long time ago when they started doing the Macy's Thanksgiving parade at Universal and I was really excited to see the huge balloons... and then a mini-parade goes by with just a handful of balloons one quarter the size of the NYC parade. So. Completely. Underwhelmed.

That was *not* the Thanksgiving parade that they hyped in ads.

JT3000

Uhhh... "holidays" in Potterland sounds great.

A Universal/Macy's parade sounds awful.

I remember a long, long time ago when they started doing the Macy's Thanksgiving parade at Universal and I was really excited to see the huge balloons... and then a mini-parade goes by with just a handful of balloons one quarter the size of the NYC parade. So. Completely. Underwhelmed.

That was *not* the Thanksgiving parade that they hyped in ads.

They never hyped the Thanksgiving parade, it's their own holiday parade. And those are the same balloons used in New York, they just don't bring down the larger ones. They have enough trouble keeping the smaller ones from clipping things and deflating.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
And that's exactly what you got. No one ever said it would have ALL of the content seen in the Thanksgiving parade, and expecting as much would be absurd.

No, I got an anemic lite version, and I regarded it as false advertisement and I found it to be eminently boring.

It's like when Disney advertises the BoardWalk like it was a seaside boardwalk. It's an anemic lite version of actual seaside boardwalks.

JT3000

No, I got an anemic lite version, and I regarded it as false advertisement and I found it to be eminently boring.

It's like when Disney advertises the BoardWalk like it was a seaside boardwalk. It's an anemic lite version of actual seaside boardwalks.

You can regard it as whatever you want, but your perception is not reality. They advertise a holiday parade with Macy*s balloons & characters, you got a holiday parade with Macy*s balloons & characters.

I have no idea why anyone would go to a theme park of all places expecting a 100% authentic replication of anything. Next we'll hear about how Epcot doesn't actually take you on a legitimate whirlwind tour of the world.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
You can regard it as whatever you want, but your perception is not reality. They advertise a holiday parade with Macy*s balloons & characters, you got a holiday parade with Macy*s balloons & characters.

I have no idea why anyone would go to a theme park of all places expecting a 100% authentic replication of anything. Next we'll hear about how Epcot doesn't actually take you on a legitimate whirlwind tour of the world.

Well, when they say they teamed up with Macy's to get actual balloons from the parade, they set up an expectation that a Macy's Parade will be a Macy's Parade.

When a Broadway show goes on tour, I don't expect a 15 minute version of the original NYC show.

JT3000

Well, when they say they teamed up with Macy's to get actual balloons from the parade, they set up an expectation that a Macy's Parade will be a Macy's Parade.

When a Broadway show goes on tour, I don't expect a 15 minute version of the original NYC show.

It is, in fact, a Macy*s parade. It just isn't the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade, nor is it even called that. Never has been. It's the Macy*s Holiday Parade. Any confusion or disappointment is on the consumer's end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom