News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I'm personally more troubled about these things going across the Boardwalk resort which is my home and really don't think that it will enhance anything for the resort there. Will become a pain or An eye sore running over the car park or a giant cable system and pylon will take up room in the car parking lot that is needed. :(

From what I can tell from some of the initial posts about the construction sites, the turn station at the Boardwalk is being built on what is now grass/pond. It doesn't look like it will be taking up any parking spots.
upload_2017-4-11_8-43-0.png

As far as the look of the whole thing, that may be another story...

MCast

Has the request that one of the load/unload stations be themed to a swiss chalet, and another load/unload station be themed to replicate the tomorrowland skyway station, already been made?

Our insiders have indicated that the International Gateway station will be themed to the architecture of that area. Pop Century/AoA will be minimally themed. And I believe CBR and DHS stations will also be themed to coincide with the area they are located in.

So to answer your question, no Swiss/Tommorowland theming going on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has the request that one of the load/unload stations be themed to a swiss chalet, and another load/unload station be themed to replicate the tomorrowland skyway station, already been made?

You or anyone can request any style you want: Circus tents; giant dog houses; pirate ships, etc.... It won't matter. Permits are filed and even preparatory ground work has begun in one area. This means the architecture is set. Nothing is going to change it at this time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
From what I can tell from some of the initial posts about the construction sites, the turn station at the Boardwalk is being built on what is now grass/pond. It doesn't look like it will be taking up any parking spots.
View attachment 199254
As far as the look of the whole thing, that may be another story...

Actually a little to the left of that. They will be filling in part of the pond for it and it will not take up any of the existing parking lot unless they have to put a tower somewhere in the lot.

capture2-jpg.189461

Buried20KLeague

I wouldn't be opposed to them skinning the monorails to look a bit more sleek and modern if they aren't going to give us new ones. I love them to death, and the insides have been worked on, but it's really time. They look as dated as the Ticket and Transportation Center (why haven't they overhauled the T&TC to look more like Magic Kingdom monorail station). I'm not saying I want advertisments on them though.

Anyway, I was standing on the bridge near France before the International Gateway in Epcot and trying to picture the gondola entering when I was there this week. I'm really looking forward to a new mode of transportation.

EDIT: This is for Hong Kong Disneyland but wouldn't that be great?

hong-kong-disneyland-mtr-station.jpg

That station is really swanky. When you get off at the next station (Sunny Bay), it takes a HUGE step down (but it's still not horrible), and then any station beyond that and it's industrial and dirty.

But you get off at the Disneyland station, and you KNOW you're at Disneyland. For sure.

When this whole gondola discussion started, the very first thing I thought about was Hong Kong Disneyland's MTR station. If it's similar... That would be a real win.

Buried20KLeague

Personally, I think the exterior of the Tokyo monorails make them look the likeliest monorails Disney has. The interiors however are awesome.View attachment 197982

The MTR train that runs between Sunny Bay station and Disneyland in Hong Kong is basically identical to this inside too. The exterior is a train, although it keeps the Mickey shaped windows. But the interior is all padded circular benches like your pic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom