Has an Adventureland height balloon test happened?

drizgirl

I have a feeling it is going to do what free breakfast does to the average Denny's.

dennys.jpg

Yeah, and I purposely avoid free breakfast at Denny's. Sigh.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
FastPass all together? Paper and MagicBands? I would be all for it. They could still use the magicbands for everything else. A lot of my favorite rides use to be walk ons.
I don't. I remember the days before fastpass where you were thrilled that the wait for Space Mountain was only 2 hours. I have zero desire to go back to that.

TP2000

And now they're likely in panic mode figuring out what to do next. But DCA and Disneyland have more attractions than all four WDW parks combined, so .... @TP2000

This induced demand theory that @Master Yoda brought up is fascinating, and I think both MK and Disneyland qualify for that unique problem.

The attractions race between Disneyland Resort and WDW is currently neck-and-neck. Disneyland Resort currently has more ride-based attractions than WDW Resort, and I doubt WDW will ever catch up on rides.

When we get to 2019 with Pandora, Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land all open, Disneyland Resort will still have more "rides" than WDW's four parks, but WDW will pull ahead in the "attractions" tally so long as you count each ride-less and show-less World Showcase pavilion as an "attraction". Pavilions that are just courtyards of shops and dining like Italy, Germany, Japan, UK, etc., need to count as "attractions" for WDW Resort to have more attractions than Disneyland Resort in 2019.

As for Magic Kingdom's role in that, specifically Adventureland, adding any one ride or show seems to only worsen the concept of induced demand. Even adding a new land behind MK's Adventureland/Frontierland with a E Ticket and two C Tickets doesn't help ease crowding. It took Disney a couple decades to get into this mess on both coasts. It will be interesting to see if there's any way to get out of it on their current path of steadily rising ticket prices and drip-drip-driping new attractions into the parks every couple years.

Goob

So people on here are complaining about Fast passes? Um, yeah, I have no desire to ever wait more than 30 minutes for a ride ever again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How can "ruining a wait" ever be a bad thing? I'm failing to see what you mean.
On high capacity attractions like POTC, HM, etc fastpass is not really needed as the standby wait will typically stay manageable unless you are in peak or holiday season or there is a breakdown. Adding fast pass to them increases the standby time often to a point that is more than most will wait.

Prior to pretty much every attraction having fastpass there were always those attractions that you knew you could go to and get on in a reasonable amount of time. That is no longer the case.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't. I remember the days before fastpass where you were thrilled that the wait for Space Mountain was only 2 hours. I have zero desire to go back to that.
Which is what standby still is. And more.

Fastpass's primary function was to get people off the rides, out of the queues and into the stores. Chocking the walkways is a by product in parks not designed to have so many people walking around.

Of course the counter argument is you also have enough appealing attractions to spread the load.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
On high capacity attractions like POTC, HM, etc fastpass is not really needed as the standby wait will typically stay manageable unless you are in peak or holiday season or there is a breakdown. Adding fast pass to them increases the standby time often to a point that is more than most will wait.

Prior to pretty much every attraction having fastpass there were always those attractions that you knew you could go to and get on in a reasonable amount of time. That is no longer the case.
My message that you first replied to was stating peak/ busier times; like when MK breaks out the tape and direct traffic to keep walking. I was stating that adding another ride or two or multiple more rides spreads the visitors out more through out the park.
And try in May, if you don't want to use fastpass... Many rides are walk on's.

PorterRedkey

Which is what standby still is. And more.

Fastpass's primary function was to get people off the rides, out of the queues and into the stores. Chocking the walkways is a by product in parks not designed to have so many people walking around.

Of course, the counter argument is you also have enough appealing attractions to spread the load.
Building high-capacity addition to MK was the original approach to capacity issues. I wish TDO felt the same as Card W. originally did.

RSoxNo1

Building high-capacity addition to MK was the original approach to capacity issues. I wish TDO felt the same as Card W. originally did.
Little Mermaid has its faults, but the Magic Kingdom could use a couple more attractions like that. High capacity D-tickets that help spread out the crowds. Those types of attractions almost need to precede any gate busting E-tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom