Follow Me, Boys! (1966) - 8:15pm

The Hound That Thought He Was a Raccoon (1960) - 10:30pm

Out of Scale (1951), All in a Nutshell (1949) & Winter Storage (1949) - 11:30pm

The Incredible Journey (1963) - 12:00am

Jungle Cat (1960) - 1:30am

Charlie, the Lonesome Cougar (1967) - 2:45am

Napoleon and Samantha (1972) - 4:15am

Schneewittchen

I'm super excited about Follow Me, Boys!, I loved that one as a kid and I want to share it with my son since he just started scouting this year.

prberk

I'm super excited about Follow Me, Boys!, I loved that one as a kid and I want to share it with my son since he just started scouting this year.
And it stars Fred McMurray, who was really underrated in Hollywood but has my respect for the respect he had for fathers in the way that he so often played them, especially on My Three Sons.

Few people know this, but it also was later revealed that when he passed away his estate was very, very, large even though he lived humbly. They said that early on he invested his Hollywood acting earning in real estate and kept doing that. He owned a significant amount of real estate over time.

By the way few people would also know, as I am sure you do, that a very young Kurt Russell has a prominent role in this as well.

prberk

Had the DVR set, but ended up waking up early and watching Napoleon & Samantha. I had always wanted to see that, but never did. It impressed me as another Disney movie that had children dealing directly with death... and in a straight-up way.

It reminds me so much what a different time it was, just forty years ago. In some ways, as people always say, we were more innocent in the way that we treated kids; but in other ways we were much more "real" and direct with them about things like death and responsibility. We seem today to bombard them with unwholesome things all day on the internet and otherwise, yet act like we cannot approach death and responsibility directly without hurting their snowflake feelings. In being that way we rob them of the chance to work it out themselves and grow through the situation

Of course at the end, the police came and dealt with the situation as expected, but overall I think it was a nice movie, and a pleasant return to both a simpler time and a time that appropriately challenged kids

And it was nice to see Grandma and Grandpa Walton fussing at each other again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom