AVATAR land construction progress

Capsin4

I remember from the few times I went into CM&M that the path congestion was horrible. I hope the crowds don't ruin the intimacy and sense of exploration. Seems like that would be more important in a natural environment like this vs what we see in the potter lands or expect to see in SWL.

clemmo

Wow if that's from the actual land then I'm very impressed. Is most of the stuff from the video like the water falls off the mountains from the land as well? I'd assume so but I'm not 100% sure as some of it is obviously not from the land. Taking everything out of the equation such as pricing, location, timeline, etc it's hard to argue against the level of detail and theming going in to this project.

wdwgreek

Out of curiosity, has anyone considered they want may want the rear of the show building to be seen from the parking lot. Animal kingdom's parking lot was designed to be artificial and barren to make the Oasis and park feel more lush as it envelops you. Perhaps the show building will form a curtain to the preexisting concrete sea, making the entrance into Pandora even more breathtaking.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Out of curiosity, has anyone considered they want may want the rear of the show building to be seen from the parking lot. Animal kingdom's parking lot was designed to be artificial and barren to make the Oasis and park feel more lush as it envelops you. Perhaps the show building will form a curtain to the preexisting concrete sea, making the entrance into Pandora even more breathtaking.

Could certainly explain why the show building wasn't painted "go away green"...

bhg469

I don't know. From the busses it looks like a building under construction. Based on how they were treating that hill that divides the park from the bus stop, I would bet money on some very heavy vegetation growing there.

They had quite a few workers giving that are attention. I had plenty of time to watch since the busses were typically slow :)

truecoat

No battle. This is set some 50 years after the events of the movie. The ride is supposed to be more about you and the Animal. Realizing your weakness and its' strength. Absorbing the beauty of the surrounding areas. The power of nature.

In order to ride the Banshee, it's supposed to take trust between you and the creature. It's a two way street.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if there's some sort of conflict in which you're attacked by another native Pandoran creature that requires your Banshee to do some evasive action. Though that's conjecture...

Probably run into a toruk which is kinda like a giant banshee.

toruk.jpg

flyerjab

Probably run into a toruk which is kinda like a giant banshee.

View attachment 191713

That is what I was assuming as far as intensifying the thrill level of the ride. Or a dive straight down the side of a floating mountain. I would imagine that there will also be moments of flying over a plain with herds of Pandoran creatures, or down cliffs adjacent to the crashing waves of the seas of Pandora. This could be made so thrilling and have so much eye candy I can't even imagine.

Incomudro

That is what I was assuming as far as intensifying the thrill level of the ride. Or a dive straight down the side of a floating mountain. I would imagine that there will also be moments of flying over a plain with herds of Pandoran creatures, or down cliffs adjacent to the crashing waves of the seas of Pandora. This could be made so thrilling and have so much eye candy I can't even imagine.

Plus, I'd imagine some scents as in Soarin', and perhaps a spray of water, enhanced sound for sure...

flyerjab

Plus, I'd imagine some scents as in Soarin', and perhaps a spray of water, enhanced sound for sure...

The one thing that I am also hoping for beyond the sound and '4D' effects is the soundtrack for this ride. I have always really enjoyed the music from the Avatar movie. I know that the composer - James Horner - died tragically in a plane crash. I am hoping that the music for this ride, as well as the land in general, stays true to the theme and melodies that he created for the Avatar film, if for nothing else than to honor his talent. The Avatar soundtrack is a beautiful, artistic piece of work. Horner's passing is such a loss to the film world.

matt9112

It's a remnant of the old times when the humans were running roughshod over the land and its people.
Now, it's been reclaimed by adding native accouterments. They're diminishing its power and fearfulness
by making fun of it, making it playful.

Whether you like that idea or not, it makes storytelling sense, and so there it is . . .

For my part, I'd rather NOT have all the remains of the mercenary equipment, but I understand why
they chose to have it there.

I want bomber fly byes and attacking gunships firing incenary rounds....well one can wish. (Off topic but watching flamethrower tanks in action is awesome!)

I think disney is walking a good middle ground to have none of those remnants would likely make it feel too diffrent from film...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom