News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

WDW1974

I promise I'm not purposely trying to derail the thread but do we know the CBR is keeping its theme? With all the demo it seems like it would be the perfect time to start over with say a Star wars resort.

here's the CBR resort thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/caribbean-beach-expansion.923827/page-11#post-7569823

Oh gawd, not a Star Wars resort. Please.

Seriously, I very much doubt anything will happen with CBR's theme. It is loved by many Guests who come from cold climates. And while I haven't stayed there in 15 years, I have heard very good things about the recently redone rooms there. Mr. Gets Around aka @WDWFigment had a nice review of them a while ago ...

roj2323

Oh gawd, not a Star Wars resort. Please.

Seriously, I very much doubt anything will happen with CBR's theme. It is loved by many Guests who come from cold climates. And while I haven't stayed there in 15 years, I have heard very good things about the recently redone rooms there. Mr. Gets Around aka @WDWFigment had a nice review of them a while ago ...

At some point they're going to build one, it's just a matter time and location. The thing is its an idea that has rolled through my head ever since they announced starwars-land. People are so wrapped up in the world that starwars is that they spend money on the dumbest things just because it has some vague connection to the IP. A starwars resort is like a giant pile of gold bars waiting to be found.

Edit; for the record I'm not a starwars nut, I just see the value in the idea.

WDW1974

TiggerDad's comment was a little snarky but the folks who generally post here are not experts so it does surprise us when one of the "experts" asks questions. I don't genuinely believe it was intended to be disrespectful. If anything the surprised feeling expressed from us should be seen as a complement as we Highly value your input and opinions.

I'm tired of snark. But I saw -- and still don't -- any reason for the post to begin with.

Oh, I'm no ''expert" and I'm not sure we have any of those. I'm just knowledgeable about a lot of things Mouse-related. Not patting myself on the back, but stating a fact that I was the first person in the community to state that a DVC resort was going onto part of the CBR site and this was a long, long time ago now. I knew about that. I knew they were talking about interesting transportation from the new area ... my old hillbilly friend @Lee posted at length about those. I had no idea they were going in this direction. I am intrigued by it and I like it more than buses, but I am not going to jump into the DroolPool until I hear all the details (from cost, to stops, to capacity, to who will be using the system etc.)

This could be a very positive development for WDW. But not going to say that just now. ... Go enjoy Pandora. It will be way kewl!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

21stamps

A hundred bucks on PoP!
I would love to see the numbers on this project. So if it goes in to Pop, then does Pop go up $40 per night and AoA $20pn since it will be an amenity for them as well..CBR maybe $60pn..or is there no talks of price increases during all of this?
Only projected savings on needing less future busses?
Eta- or maybe they could sell a gondola pass in day or week increments?lol

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would love to see the numbers on this project. So if it goes in to Pop, then does Pop go up $40 per night and AoA $20pn since it will be an amenity for them as well..CBR maybe $60pn..or is there no talks of price increases during all of this?
Only projected savings on needing less future busses?
Eta- or maybe they could sell a gondola pass in day or week increments?lol

You and @marni1971 are missing the dual nature of my reading of Martin's post. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom