Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

flynnibus

Premium Member
Your postulation was that Disney was reneging on a free perk.

No, I said they failed to deliever on an expectation.... which is a customer satisfaction issue. Which is really what is the root issue here... Disney p00ping on it's customers.

There would be no NEED for this 'new service' if Disney still delivered on its original service in a manner that was suitable.

If Disney started charging for transportation in general, I would say your analogy stands.

Charging has nothing to do with anything in this.

This brand new service, meant to aid guests whom want to avoid the hassle of security and main gate lines, is an effort on their part to offer something new for those that wish to partake, without making everyone pay for it.

There would be no value in such service if Disney actually went back to aiming to deliver great service FOR ALL ITS CUSTOMERS. You know.. the philosophy that built the company??

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
point is the line did not exist 15 years ago....fix the problem...dont layer on top of it.

Many things didn't exist 15 years ago. Did you think 15 years ago you'd be paying for a Data Plan on your Smartphone?
Let me rephrase that....15 years ago did you know what a Data Plan was? How about a Smartphone?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney touts complimentary resort transportation......I've never read any carriage contract where they espouse efficiency as a requisite of said contract

Lets say you walked into the restrooms.. and every one was out of toiletries, flooded, and generally just a total wreck. Are you really going to say 'well they never offered any contract where they espouse cleanliness as a requisite of your park admission'. It's called an expectation of service that Disney has established and built their brand on. One of those dimensions is how efficient Disney is at dealing with crowds and large amounts of people. Its something Disney has differentiated itself in industry with.

And Disney does advertise a level of service.. and there is a level of common expectation. For instance, you expect your bus driver to be courteous... we don't need a contract espousing courtesy to expect that from a Disney employee.

These excuses are laughable.

Creathir

No, I said they failed to deliever on an expectation.... which is a customer satisfaction issue. Which is really what is the root issue here... Disney p00ping on it's customers.

There would be no NEED for this 'new service' if Disney still delivered on its original service in a manner that was suitable.

Charging has nothing to do with anything in this.

There would be no value in such service if Disney actually went back to aiming to deliver great service FOR ALL ITS CUSTOMERS. You know.. the philosophy that built the company??

Just goto Universal and be done with it. Not sure why you even partake in WDW if you hate it so much.

I see nothing but an attempt at a company to provide a new service to those that wish to use it.

Do ALL of their customers stay in huge villas?
Did everyone ride the speedboats on Seven Seas Lagoon.

Let's time travel: Did everyone buy a booklet filled with E tickets? No. Disney has always catered to customers wishing to pay for the experience they want.

Can't afford 7 E tickets? Only buy 3.

They NEVER have been about providing the same experience for everyone regardless of how much they pay.
Ever.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They NEVER have been about providing the same experience for everyone regardless of how much they pay.
Ever.

Customer SERVICE has never been about what you spent at Disney - that's what made it what it is.

Offering a bypass because you can't deliever on a common essential is not customer focus.

What if disney's solution for people not getting to see the fireworks due to crowding was to offer a paid showing... instead of just running another show? Do you really not see the conflict here?

The buses are oversubscribed... the solution should be to fix the capacity and loading issues... not offer paid bypass in lieu of making the service a satisfactory one.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Lets say you walked into the restrooms.. and every one was out of toiletries, flooded, and generally just a total wreck. Are you really going to say 'well they never offered any contract where they espouse cleanliness as a requisite of your park admission'. It's called an expectation of service that Disney has established and built their brand on. One of those dimensions is how efficient Disney is at dealing with crowds and large amounts of people. Its something Disney has differentiated itself in industry with.

And Disney does advertise a level of service.. and there is a level of common expectation. For instance, you expect your bus driver to be courteous... we don't need a contract espousing courtesy to expect that from a Disney employee.

WOW you just don't get it do you. Your analogy is ridiculous. Your analogy references unsanitary conditions which are a major health violation and is a whole lot different than "Man, my bus was late and overcrowded." Again..a whole different type of conversation.

Granted the Disney Marketing Machine has built an expectation of service, but it is not contractual, its brand focused. My local NFL team runs pre-season commercials for season ticket sales that make me believe they are going to the Super Bowl every year. But guess what - If I book my Super Bowl hotel rooms in August based on those commercials, - and they then go 2-14 in the regular season - how much of a chance do you think I have of the football organization giving me a refund on those rooms.

Martiyoman

I think being out of toiletries would be more akin to the busses running out of gas halfway to MK. However, I've been to MK on thanksgiving before when they're very busy and everything is super crowded and somewhat miserable, and the restrooms clearly needed some attention, which, working in customer service myself, I find to be somewhat excusable. they're not leaving the mess forever, unfortunately they just haven't gotten to it yet. and the bus waits don't stay hours long all day, either.

I'd also like to just ask the room at large, what would be your plans to fix the bussing? I think simply "hire more drivers" wouldn't work because there aren't enough hours to go around for those new drivers. I can't imagine too many folks with CDL's would be willing to work for only 3-4 hours per day, because it's not like there's any justification for paying them mid day either.

flynnibus

Premium Member
WOW you just don't get it do you. Your analogy is ridiculous. Your analogy references unsanitary conditions which are a major health violation and is a whole lot different than "Man, my bus was late and overcrowded." Again..a whole different type of conversation.

Granted the Disney Marketing Machine has built an expectation of service, but it is not contractual, its brand focused. My local NFL team runs pre-season commercials for season ticket sales that make me believe they are going to the Super Bowl every year. But guess what - If I book my Super Bowl hotel rooms in August based on those commercials, - and they then go 2-14 in the regular season - how much of a chance do you think I have of the football organization giving me a refund on those rooms.

Man I'd love to see the company you'd lead.
Scorp16 addresses angry customer:
"I'm sorry sir, did you have a contract that said I'd actually give you a good experience??"

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Customer SERVICE has never been about what you spent at Disney - that's what made it what it is.

Who is talking about Customer Service? This thread is about a NEW service, that Disney decided to charge for. I don't think the demeanor of the bus driver is really important right now.

matt9112

Seriously? 15 years ago???

Just because they may have been underutilized before, does not mean they are now.

It is VERY rare for us to miss a bus once it comes...

i would argue they are over-utilized they used to be MUCH less crowded and did not give you the MBTA feel....now..meh not so much. the crowds itself are not a problem of say a bus itself but the entire resort failing to grow to accommodate the massive surges in attendance over the last decade.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'd also like to just ask the room at large, what would be your plans to fix the bussing? I think simply "hire more drivers" wouldn't work because there aren't enough hours to go around for those new drivers. I can't imagine too many folks with CDL's would be willing to work for only 3-4 hours per day, because it's not like there's any justification for paying them mid day either.

Thank You. I'd love to change the subject from the rants that have taken up the last few pages.

Maybe more buses. Or bigger boats. Everything being equal I'd rather take a boat. A lot of the waterways are man-made. I wouldn't mind reading about an expansion of the water system.

Martiyoman

Thank You. I'd love to change the subject from the rants that have taken up the last few pages.

Maybe more buses. Or bigger boats. Everything being equal I'd rather take a boat. A lot of the waterways are man-made. I wouldn't mind reading about an expansion of the water system.
Sure but more buses still equals more drivers. you don't have to pay busses while they're not in use (apart from depreciation), and it's fine to only operate them 3 hours a day; drivers, not so much.

matt9112

larger boats is a good idea...granted im sure that would cost lots of money....faster load and unload of monorail could probably occur granted guests make that impossible. using more bendy buses if possible on more routes? at POFQ they had to radio a bus for us once because after 40 minutes it was getting a tad insane....two buses came in that time however they both got filled. there is no direct return on investment with any of this though so its likely not to happen. the root cause is to somehow get more people out of the MK and into the other parks....good luck.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just goto Universal and be done with it. Not sure why you even partake in WDW if you hate it so much.

...And there it is.

Ever.

Rather than let everyone think you are ignorant about WDW and its history, you just proved you are. Good day.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Who is talking about Customer Service? This thread is about a NEW service, that Disney decided to charge for. I don't think the demeanor of the bus driver is really important right now.

Being able to have a satisfactory bus ride in less than 20mins is the customer service failure Disney is experiencing that makes these kinds of offerings even a thing. The whole viability of this service exists because of disney's failures at keeping customers happy with their normal transportation offering. That is cusomer service. If you don't grasp that... people keep studying until you do figure it out. If Disney offered complementary transportation but it only showed up sporadically, was run down, and didn't meet the need.. you wouldn't go back and say "well it's just a free perk... you don't have to use it".. well, you probably would... but it would have gotten you thrown out on your rear from the company up until recently.

Anyone paying to bypass the security lines outside of the park opening window deserves to be separated from their money. It's a non issue.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Anyone paying to bypass the security lines outside of the park opening window deserves to be separated from their money. It's a non issue.

Wrong again. Nobody is "paying" to bypass the security line. They went through the security line in the first place to get into the original park they visited. They are receiving a "perk" of not having to go through additional security lines at the other parks if they utilize the service. Kind of like paying for parking at the MK in the morning and then you don't have to pay for parking at EPCOT if you choose to visit that park later in the day.

Being able to have a satisfactory bus ride in less than 20mins is the customer service failure Disney is experiencing

The definition of "satisfactory" is completely subjective. I've experienced many bus rides that were far less than 20 minutes. I've experienced a few that were over. But I've rarely experienced a rude cast member (bus driver or otherwise...yes it does happen....but I haven't experienced it much).

The more I read your posts the more I'm convinced that Customer Service isn't your issue. Disney Operations is. Well..then...you can write a letter...set up a meeting with someone in ops...or just choose not to go.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The definition of "satisfactory" is completely subjective.

What is subjective? It's the service expectation Disney themselves sets.

The rest of your post, hopeless. People couldn't pay me to keep up with this level of dense. please keep cheering as this ship goes down. At least I have my memories and other places to go. At least dcl largely still understands service. We'll enjoy it while it lasts.

matt9112

Wrong again. Nobody is "paying" to bypass the security line. They went through the security line in the first place to get into the original park they visited. They are receiving a "perk" of not having to go through additional security lines at the other parks if they utilize the service. Kind of like paying for parking at the MK in the morning and then you don't have to pay for parking at EPCOT if you choose to visit that park later in the day.

The definition of "satisfactory" is completely subjective. I've experienced many bus rides that were far less than 20 minutes. I've experienced a few that were over. But I've rarely experienced a rude cast member (bus driver or otherwise...yes it does happen....but I haven't experienced it much).

The more I read your posts the more I'm convinced that Customer Service isn't your issue. Disney Operations is. Well..then...you can write a letter...set up a meeting with someone in ops...or just choose not to go.

side note couldn't they redo all inter park transport and make all park guests only go through once?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom