Trip Report We shoulda got the grouper! - F&W total domination

EDITED 07.07.17 - Photobucket has updated their policies so my photos aren't displaying. I'll try to switch them all over to Flickr eventually!

Hello, friends! It's been about a week since our trip :cry: and I figured I better do this report now before I forget everything. It was a fantastic trip (as usual), and we are already planning our 2017 trip. That one will be pretty big. We'll be celebrating our 5th anniversary and my 30th birthday!

I'll get to the explanation of the title eventually. It was a little joke with us on the trip, but hopefully it'll be funny to y'all as well :joyfull:

Day 1: Thursday

We got up around 4:15 :eek: to get ready to leave for the airport. We left out of the Memphis airport, which is 1.5 hours away. We figured that early in the morning the traffic wouldn't be bad, but we were wrong. They've been reconfiguring an interchange for a few years, and it bottlenecks really bad, apparently even at 6am! We had already gotten a late start because I left my AP and a giftcard at work and we had to stop by for them, so I was sweating when we hit that traffic. We still made it to the airport about an hour before takeoff, and Memphis security is really quick most of the time. So we got to our gate in plenty of time. Whew!

Here we go!

This is us on the plane, the fonorail and in line for the bus. The plane landed pretty early, but we didn't gain any time because we got lost finding the Magical Express. It's been 3 years since we flew down, so I had forgotten that you have to cross to B side :rolleyes:

We hopped in line for the bus at 10:55 and were on the bus by 11! I also got the text that our room was ready, so everything was going super smoothly. I was just waiting for something to go wrong :cautious:

The bus driver said the total route was 40 minutes, but we were the first stop, so it wasn't bad. Woot! We headed to our room at the Yacht Club to drop off our bags. We thought it seemed really far from the lobby because it was a lot of turns, but it really wasn't bad. I LOVED the lobby and the general atmosphere at Yacht Club. It smelled so good in there, I just wanted to bottle it up and use it as perfume :inlove:

Here are some pictures of our room and the Yacht Club lobby

I want that headboard!

Bug spray that I didn't use...I'm the worst. Also, that lamp :inlove:

The bathroom counters look a lot like my kitchen ones. My fav!

Didn't take a picture of the view, but it was just trees as you can see. It was unfortunately very close to the bus stop and some kind of loading dock, so it was pretty loud sitting out there on the balcony. I was able to tune it out though.

Here's a phone shot since I didn't bring a wide angle lens for my camera.

I wanted a picture with the captain, but I was too shy

This is R buying sunglasses. He realized after we were through security at the airport that he forgot his. We didn't think it was worth going back to get them, so he grabbed some at this gift shop before we left for Epcot. They were just as ugly as the ones he wears at home :rolleyes:

That's it for now! I spent like an hour trying to get my pictures on Photobucket and organized, and they're still out of order. ARGH.

Up next, our first foray into Food & Wine Festival for the year!

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Sorry for the gap in posts. Had lots of work this weekend then I went to Nashville for a concert Monday night (yeah, I'm wild! :p). Honestly just needed to do some fun things this week.

Day 4: Sunday

It was moving day! We slept in again, and just lingered around the room. We had our bags packed up already, so we just headed on over to The Boardwalk. We walked our stuff over since it was right there, and we left everything with bell services. I had no idea what to expect as this was our first experience changing resorts mid-trip. This was an easy switch since we could move our own bags, and our experience with bell services was great! They're really quick and efficient.

The good thing about going mainly for Food & Wine fest is that since it doesn't open until 11, you don't feel bad sleeping in! It was nice feeling so rested :)

We got to Epcot around 10:30, and headed to the other side of World Showcase where most of the booths we still needed to hit were located. We realized shortly that some of the booths near the entrance to WS were open early! Score!

We stopped at Hawaii first

• Spicy Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad and Nori Rice – $4.75
  • Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise – $4.25

We've had both of these before, and once again they were fantastic! That pork slider is packed with flavor, and I highly recommend it! I love the tuna as well, but the texture isn't for everyone.

Next we stopped at Farm Fresh for a highly-anticipated item.

• Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions – $4.50
  • Two Henrys Elderberry Hard Cider – $4.00
Definitely didn't disappoint! I have to make this at home. We LOVE all the things in this dish, so it might just have to become a staple in our home. I wanted to try the other items at this booth, but I didn't want to fill up too fast. The elderberry cider was also very good. It was like a really good carbonated juice!

That was the last place we needed before China, and we had to wait to get in there. We just enjoyed the nice breeze and beautiful morning. We also watched the line for Frozen grow and grow...and grow and grow.

They opened it up at 11 and we hopped in line at the China booth

• Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles – $5.50
  • Sichuan Spicy Chicken – $5.75
The noodle dish was fine, but the spicy chicken was a standout for the festival! The flavor was great, there was a lot of food there and best of all, it was SPICY! I love spicy food, and this was just the right amount of heat for me. I think the red pepper flakes is what helped make it hot. Anyway, I loved it.

Our view while we ate. We always stand off to the side of that booth in that cove. It's usually pretty quiet over there.

Next up was Africa

• Buttered Chicken with Micro Cilantro and Naan Bread – $5.00
This wasn't the best buttered chicken I've had, but pretty much all buttered chicken is tasty. I was satisfied with this!

Next up was Germany!

• Roast Bratwurst in a Hard Roll – $5.00
  • Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce – $3.75
R loved the comically large brat. I tasted it, and it was pretty good. We also loved the apple strudel! I always love eating German food because I desperately want to visit there. People think that's a weird place to be so interested in, especially when I've never been out of the US, but I just think it looks beautiful! Plus my uncle lived there for a while and I still kick myself for not visiting. Someday :inlove:

Anyway, we hit up the Brewer's Collection again.

• Schöfferhofer Zitrone Weizen-Mix – $4.00
  • Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse – $4.00
  • Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered) – $4.00
The flight was actually $9, I believe. None of these were just amazing, but they were all pretty decent. The hefe was the best, but I'm biased.

Our FP+ for Test Track was coming up (or maybe already opened), so we decided to head that way. But first, we hit up Italy!

Sorry I failed with the photo...you can't see the cannoli at all :rolleyes:
  • Pennete alla Parmigiana: Baked Ziti and Chicken Parmigiana, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese – $6.25
  • Cannoli al Cioccolato: Chocolate-covered Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit – $4.25
I honestly can't remember either of these things at all. I think R was more into the ziti thing, so I probably only tasted it. I'm sure I enjoyed the cannoli...I mean who wouldn't?

So we headed to Test Track. I had tried to talk R into getting his jalapeño margarita at La Cava during the first hour of World Showcase being open, but he said it was too early for that big of a drink. It's vacation, man! I do think he would have regretted it once we got on Test Track though :joyfull:

For the first time ever, R let me build the car all by myself! I got to choose everything!

I'd drive it! My car won all but one of tests, so of course it was number one of the scoreboard thing. I think we were pretty close to the top car of the day too! Granted, it was still pretty early :D

R got his sunglasses on before the outside part :rolleyes:. Cheater!

At some point we'd gotten the text that the room was ready, so I figured we could head over there mid-afternoon. We walked the long way around World Showcase to stop at one of the few booths we had left. The line at La Cava was long again, so no margarita for poor R.

We stopped at Hops & Barley

• Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese Served on Griddled Garlic Toast – $5.25
  • Dogfish Head Chicory Stout, Milton, DE – $4.00
The brisket was amazing! I don't care for pimento cheese, but I liked it in this dish. It started to sprinkle while we were in line, so R got us a table under that huge covered area and we hung out there for a little bit. It didn't rain much, thankfully. Also, I'm not sure why I got two stouts. We definitely could have shared and been fine.

We decided to take refuge in the Chase Lounge after this. There was a little line outside, but it turned out to be for the elevator, and we always take the stairs anyway. I hate waiting, especially for elevators.

I got excited that they had Pibb! I drank a little of that and also some water. We enjoyed just sitting there and talking on the comfortable couch for a little while.

We didn't really have plans for the rest of the day until our dinner reservation at 5:30ish. It was only 1:30, but we headed to the room anyway. I was excited to see the room at the Boardwalk!

A lagoon picture as we headed out :)

When we got to the resort, we went in the lobby for our bags, which again was a super quick and efficient process.

We headed up to the 3rd floor. We walked for what felt like a long way, but it turned out not to be so bad later when we actually knew where we were going.

We got to the room and there was a sign under the door number that said "Innkeeper's Club." Hmmmm...curious. I knew in the back of my mind what that must mean, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. Sure enough, the room was huge! It was an upgrade, and I assumed that meant we had access to the club lounge!

Ok, I've almost hit my picture limit, so I'll stop here. Room pictures up next!

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster

I was LOVING the room at the Boardwalk! I was already excited because we'd booked a boardwalk view (all that was available), but this was just a huge step up from my expectations. It was a great little anniversary surprise! Not as good as @lostpro9het's bungalow, but I still loved it.

I have some shots of the view later. We were in one of the rooms that is right above Boardwalk Bakery. If you're standing in front of the bakery, we were the room on the left of the three that are right above the sign. It smelled DIVINE out on the balcony. We never did go in there, but we were mighty tempted.

BTW, I did pop up to the club lounge by myself, just to see if we had access, and we did. Our magic bands opened the stairwell entrance to the 4th floor where the lounge is. I felt so 1%. I was so glad we were almost done with Food & Wine so we could actually take advantage of the lounge during our couple of days there.

I need to get back to work on editing a wedding, so I'll save the next bit for later.

Up next: My solo adventure to another park!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
People think that's a weird place to be so interested in, especially when I've never been out of the US,

I think broadening your interests is a wonderful thing. Never mind people. :)

I honestly can't remember either of these things at all. I think R was more into the ziti thing, so I probably only tasted it. I'm sure I enjoyed the cannoli...I mean who wouldn't?

But they are SO EXPENSIVE!!! I remember our forays to F&W, when booth dishes averaged $3 and topped out at $5.25 for lamb. Sadly, as a result, we now don't partake of the booths very much. :(

I was LOVING the room at the Boardwalk! I was already excited because we'd booked a boardwalk view (all that was available), but this was just a huge step up from my expectations. It was a great little anniversary surprise! Not as good as @lostpro9het's bungalow, but I still loved it.

I have some shots of the view later. We were in one of the rooms that is right above Boardwalk Bakery. If you're standing in front of the bakery, we were the room on the left of the three that are right above the sign. It smelled DIVINE out on the balcony. We never did go in there, but we were mighty tempted.

BTW, I did pop up to the club lounge by myself, just to see if we had access, and we did. Our magic bands opened the stairwell entrance to the 4th floor where the lounge is. I felt so 1%. I was so glad we were almost done with Food & Wine so we could actually take advantage of the lounge during our couple of days there.

I need to get back to work on editing a wedding, so I'll save the next bit for later.

Up next: My solo adventure to another park!

Boardwalk rooms are great. :inlove:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Day 4: Sunday (continued)

I decided that since we had about 3 hours to kill before dinner, I wanted to walk over to Hollywood Studios. R wasn't really interested in going, so I headed out for a solo adventure.

It was only about a 20 minute walk, so I guess I got there at about 3 in the afternoon. I don't remember it being particularly busy, but most of the lines were 30+ minutes, so I had to just choose a couple. I knew I wanted to ride Tower of Terror, so that was where I set my sites. On the way down Hollywood Blvd, I stopped for a photopass picture and then the march of the First Order started, so I watched that.

It was pretty cool! The music made it feel so ominous and creepy.

On my way! I used to be so scared to ride this. When I first rode it at DCA, it scared the mess out of me, and I wouldn't ride it anymore. On my first trip to WDW, R really wanted to ride it and he won't do things by himself, so I went with him. It was terrifying, but with each trip I've calmed down, and now I actually really enjoy it. I waited about 45 minutes, even though it said 30 when I got in line. No worries though, I wasn't in a rush. I don't know how I passed the time without someone to talk to. I guess I just looked around and played on my phone.

My face in the photos has gotten less terrified than it used to be. This looks like pure joy compared to the photos from the first couple of times I rode it! That lady behind me and a few people over was NOT happy :hilarious:

I hopped over to Rock N Roller Coaster after that and got in the single rider line. I went straight to the recording studio, then it was a little wait after that. I think total from the time I started walking the queue until I got on the ride was a little less than 20 minutes. Not bad! Better than the 60 minute wait for regular riders. The guy I rode with was also a single rider, but he was in the regular line. Odd...o_O

After that, I didn't really have time for any more attractions, so I figured I would head back. As I was getting back to Hollywood Blvd, I heard they announcement that the stage show would start soon, so I went over there. Right before it started this tall guy pushed his way up to right in front of me and held his camera up the whole time. :cautious: I really don't understand people like that. In what universe is that ok? Whatever, I just watched the sides of the show :rolleyes:

Got one more photo on the way out, and this one came out a lot better than the first one.

At this point R was texting me to see if I was coming back yet. He was worried we'd miss dinner. I told him I knew exactly how long it took me to walk that path and that we'd be fine. Gotta trust me!

Up next: Dinner!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Day 4: Sunday (continued)

We left the room with about 15 minutes to go before our reservation over at the Beach Club. It's like a 5 minute walk, so I proposed that we pop up to the club lounge just so R could check it out. We looked around and they had some tasty looking stuff up there for dinner. I figured we'd definitely come back later! Instead of going back down to our room, we just headed in the direction of the lobby and went down the first staircase we found. Somehow we got ourselves hopelessly lost. We ended up by a pool, but not the big pool with the clown slide. We somehow found out way back out to the boardwalk, but I was getting nervous we actually were going to be late.

Luckily we walked up to the check-in desk at Beaches and Cream at exactly our reservation time. They said it would be a little wait, so we decided to check out the arcade.

We spent a couple of bucks and played some games. It was fun! I am terrible at all games, so R had to show me how it was done.

We were seated after about 10 minutes. I didn't realize how tiny that place was! Holy moly. I've read that it's small, but I didn't expect it to be that small. We ordered a hamburger and fries and a tomato soup with grilled cheese. We shared those two plates because I wanted to try both.

If you can't tell, these pictures are all with my phone. I left my camera in the room, and since we had already gotten lost, I had to give up going back for it. So sorry if these photos are not that appetizing.

Not for us! At least not this time.

We did order the Milky Way Sundae though! It was delicious and sooooo rich. I would definitely get this again! It was plenty for the two of us, and we didn't even finish it. Overall this meal was good. It's definitely not one of my favorite places at WDW, but I would go again, especially if I was staying in that resort area.

After dinner, we popped back in the room for a little bit, which game me a minute to grab my camera.

Sunset on the way back

Back in the room

Finally got my precious camera back. I loved our view so much. I didn't want to leave :cry:

These two boats left at the same time and raced to the buoy. It was funny, and I think it was a tie!

Up next: Finishing up F&W fest

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Day 4: Sunday, concluded

We left the room and headed to Epcot at about 8:15. We just had a few more booths to try, so we started with France.

• Boeuf Bourguignon: Cabernet Sauvignon-braised Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes – $6.25
  • La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice – $10.75
Cannot believe how much money we spent on those two things, but at least they were good. Well, R wasn't impressed with the beef, but we both enjoyed the slush. Also, I am so intimidated by the people who work in France. Is it just me? I don't know why!

Next we headed to Brazil

• Pão de Queijo: Brazilian cheese bread – $3.75
We'd tried everything on the menu besides the cheese bread, so we figured we should give that a go. I've read multiple rave reviews of it, but I gotta be honest...it was disgusting. I'm pretty sure it's not Brie, but that's what it tasted like...kind of plastic-y. I actually like Brie with crackers, but when it's hot, it does have an odd taste, which this reminded me of. I didn't mind the texture, but the flavor was not to my liking. We didn't finish it. I think it was the only thing we didn't finish during the whole festival!

Since it was on the passport, we had to stop at Block & Hans

• Festival Cabernet Sauvignon, CA – $4.50
I didn't want to eat another bite of food, so we settled for the wine. It was fine.

Well, we only had one more sticker in the passport, and that was on the other side of World Showcase. Guess what we passed on the way over there? An empty La Cava!

It was 9:15 and people were clearing out, so we sat down. I guess they close at 10. We ordered a jalepeno margarita for R and a horchata margarita for me. I had that at San Angel before and loved it!

He's so happy :inlove:

Well, after a little while, I noticed R had barely made any progress on his drink. I was long done with mine, and getting antsy to leave because 1. Illuminations was starting soon and 2. the staff was trying to clean up. I know we could have stayed longer, but I hate to be the last ones left somewhere knowing the staff is ready to go home after a long day.

I kept hinting that he should hurry up, and he finally did. I felt bad though because I think that spicy drink really needed to be sipped, and his stomach/chest ended up hurting for a while after that. He did feel better by the time we got back to the room, but he was struggling for a while. I guess it was heartburn? I don't know.

As we walked out of World Showcase we stopped at our last passport destination, Refreshment Port. Exciting! :hilarious:

• Pineapple Dole Whip Soft-Serve Ice Cream – $4.19
There wasn't much that I wanted, so we just got a Dole Whip, which was fine. I'm not a crazy huge fan, but it's tasty. I like the swirl better.

We stopped right at the International Gateway to watch Illuminations. We moved as the show started because of some loud kids, but we got settled on the far side of the bridge leaning against a rail. It's not a great view, but it's not crowded, so it was nice. It was a perfect end to the day!

This show always makes me cry, and I love the score for it so much! I kept singing "We Go On" on the way back to the room :joyfull:. I'm sure R loved that...

We drifted off to sleep at about 10, and I was really hoping we could get up and make it to Magic Kingdom for the Welcome Show the next morning. There were extra magic hours though, so I wasn't sure if we'd make it. I never like to get my hopes up because there are so many factors that could delay you! I set my alarm just in case, but figured if I was too tired, I'd just snooze it.

Up next: Magic Kingdom day

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Thanks for sharing all your F&W pics. Looking at all the food and beverages you tried, it's becoming clearer that that particular festival wouldn't be for me. I am not adventurous at all when it comes to food and I don't drink all that much. I was contemplating attempting to save up for that for next year, but I may try another time; especially since the crowds are getting bigger.

This has been really helpful!!

MegRuss626

Day 4: Sunday, concluded

We left the room and headed to Epcot at about 8:15. We just had a few more booths to try, so we started with France.

• Boeuf Bourguignon: Cabernet Sauvignon-braised Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes – $6.25
  • La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice – $10.75
Cannot believe how much money we spent on those two things, but at least they were good. Well, R wasn't impressed with the beef, but we both enjoyed the slush. Also, I am so intimidated by the people who work in France. Is it just me? I don't know why!

Next we headed to Brazil

• Pão de Queijo: Brazilian cheese bread – $3.75
We'd tried everything on the menu besides the cheese bread, so we figured we should give that a go. I've read multiple rave reviews of it, but I gotta be honest...it was disgusting. I'm pretty sure it's not Brie, but that's what it tasted like...kind of plastic-y. I actually like Brie with crackers, but when it's hot, it does have an odd taste, which this reminded me of. I didn't mind the texture, but the flavor was not to my liking. We didn't finish it. I think it was the only thing we didn't finish during the whole festival!

Since it was on the passport, we had to stop at Block & Hans

• Festival Cabernet Sauvignon, CA – $4.50
I didn't want to eat another bite of food, so we settled for the wine. It was fine.

Well, we only had one more sticker in the passport, and that was on the other side of World Showcase. Guess what we passed on the way over there? An empty La Cava!

It was 9:15 and people were clearing out, so we sat down. I guess they close at 10. We ordered a jalepeno margarita for R and a horchata margarita for me. I had that at San Angel before and loved it!

He's so happy :inlove:

Well, after a little while, I noticed R had barely made any progress on his drink. I was long done with mine, and getting antsy to leave because 1. Illuminations was starting soon and 2. the staff was trying to clean up. I know we could have stayed longer, but I hate to be the last ones left somewhere knowing the staff is ready to go home after a long day.

I kept hinting that he should hurry up, and he finally did. I felt bad though because I think that spicy drink really needed to be sipped, and his stomach/chest ended up hurting for a while after that. He did feel better by the time we got back to the room, but he was struggling for a while. I guess it was heartburn? I don't know.

As we walked out of World Showcase we stopped at our last passport destination, Refreshment Port. Exciting! :hilarious:

• Pineapple Dole Whip Soft-Serve Ice Cream – $4.19
There wasn't much that I wanted, so we just got a Dole Whip, which was fine. I'm not a crazy huge fan, but it's tasty. I like the swirl better.

We stopped right at the International Gateway to watch Illuminations. We moved as the show started because of some loud kids, but we got settled on the far side of the bridge leaning against a rail. It's not a great view, but it's not crowded, so it was nice. It was a perfect end to the day!

This show always makes me cry, and I love the score for it so much! I kept singing "We Go On" on the way back to the room :joyfull:. I'm sure R loved that...

We drifted off to sleep at about 10, and I was really hoping we could get up and make it to Magic Kingdom for the Welcome Show the next morning. There were extra magic hours though, so I wasn't sure if we'd make it. I never like to get my hopes up because there are so many factors that could delay you! I set my alarm just in case, but figured if I was too tired, I'd just snooze it.

Up next: Magic Kingdom day

I feel you about the cheese bread! My husband's family has a good friend that is a flight attendant and she would always bring them cheese bread back from the actual Brazil. So, when we went to the F&W two years ago, since they always raved about, I tried it. I did not care for it....it almost has the texture that it's not done. So not a fan here either!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing all your F&W pics. Looking at all the food and beverages you tried, it's becoming clearer that that particular festival wouldn't be for me. I am not adventurous at all when it comes to food and I don't drink all that much. I was contemplating attempting to save up for that for next year, but I may try another time; especially since the crowds are getting bigger.

This has been really helpful!!

Glad it's been helpful! I think it would be worth looking at the menus next year to see if there are any items that seem to your liking. There are definitely what I would call "safe" things to get, that pretty much anyone would enjoy. We almost always choose more adventurous stuff. But yeah, don't waste your money on the drinks. We like to try them, and we saved up a lot for this, but I felt ripped off with those teeny tiny cups.

Edited to add: The crowds most days were fine. Saturday was horrendous, but every other day we had no problems.

I feel you about the cheese bread! My husband's family has a good friend that is a flight attendant and she would always bring them cheese bread back from the actual Brazil. So, when we went to the F&W two years ago, since they always raved about, I tried it. I did not care for it....it almost has the texture that it's not done. So not a fan here either!

Glad it's not just me. I was surprised I didn't like it! I want to try it at a Brazilian steakhouse one of these days, if I ever go to one.

Great F&W report & amazing photos! Looking forward to more...
Thank you!!

Doc Disney

Ok, this is going to break @Doc Disney's heart, but we were underwhelmed again.

I should probably preface my Via Napoli love with the fact that I hate pizza (specially red sauce, but I won't get into that)...haha. The only pizza I ever truly enjoyed was the pizza I ate in actual Italy which is exactly like Via Napoli pizza...hence my love!
Although, to be fair, we ate there on my last trip and everyone else really liked it!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I should probably preface my Via Napoli love with the fact that I hate pizza (specially red sauce, but I won't get into that)...haha. The only pizza I ever truly enjoyed was the pizza I ate in actual Italy which is exactly like Via Napoli pizza...hence my love!
Although, to be fair, we ate there on my last trip and everyone else really liked it!
Yeah it is definitely not just you! I've seen a lot of people say they liked it. I think pizza is just one of those foods that is really divisive :joyfull:.

Trisha Lynn

Looking at all the food and beverages you tried, it's becoming clearer that that particular festival wouldn't be for me.

That's perfectly understandable. They had the opposite effect for me and my hobbit because once I told him all about F&W, he's way more enthused about our vacation next year to the point of where I think I'll be building in more Epcot time to our trip so that we can have all the food.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Quick life update: Sadly on Thanksgiving, my dad passed away after a battle with cancer.:( I was a major daddy's girl, so life's been pretty sucky. I can't let myself stay in a funk and wallow, so I'm going to think about Disney for a little while.

Day 5: Monday

I designated this day as MK day, not realizing that Monday's were not a good day to go there. When I saw that the crowd was predicted at 9, I was pretty annoyed that I'd planned it that way, but alas, it was done.

So my plan was to try and make the welcome show, but I knew with busses, we might not. It was an extra magic hours day, so we had to get up early! We rolled out of bed at 6:40 and got out of the room at 7:15. We waited about 15 minutes for a bus, which gave us less than 30 minutes to get to the park. I was already talking myself into being ok with missing the show, especially when they made a random stop at the Swan and picked up exactly ZERO people. WUT?!

Well as we were walking up to security at 10 til 8, the Welcome Show was just starting!

We had to catch most of it as we were walking and standing in line, so it was ending as we were making our way pasted the Mickey heads (what do they call that now? not turnstiles...but?)

R didn't seem to care what we did first, so I said I wanted to do 7 Dwarves. He's not crazy about that ride, but he said he'd do it since it wouldn't be shorter all day and I didn't do a FP for it. We walked straight there (no running or even power-walking, just normal walking) and we had a 20 minute wait. I didn't mind at all! The line moved pretty steadily the whole time, and of course I loved the ride!

Oh to feel that joy again... Someday :(

After 7 Dwarves, we hopped on Pooh with about a 10 minute wait. Next up we did something that we've never done at WDW after 6 trips together: the teacups! We have done them at Disneyland, but for some reason always skip them here.

He had us going really fast! I'm getting old and this made me super dizzy. Still fun though! We decided to do another first next, Astro Orbiter. It's just never appealed to me. We haven't done Dumbo or Magic Carpets either. We waited about 15-20 minutes I think, and when we got in the vehicle, I was freaking out. It was WAY too small for two adults. We were squished up in there and it was so uncomfortable. Does anyone else feel that way? Maybe we just didn't get in there right or something.

Since we were right there, we did Carousel of Progress next. It will always be one of my favs. I somehow never noticed this cat before...

After that delightful show, we went to Monster's Inc and only waited about 5 minutes for it to open up. It was a great show as usual! This was the first time we didn't get Sam and Ella though. I can't remember who we had, but one of them was a little weird...still funny, but weird. He was very "frat bro" but like to the extreme...like a caricature of a frat bro. It was interesting.

I'll do more from MK later. It'll be several posts!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, I am SO sorry to hear about your dad's passing. :cry: I lost my only brother to cancer a year and a half ago, it's a nasty evil vicious disease.

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Wendy Pleakley

We were squished up in there and it was so uncomfortable. Does anyone else feel that way? Maybe we just didn't get in there right or something.

Astro Orbiter is definitely too small for two adults, unless both are super tiny I imagine.

Sorry for your loss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom