Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 5th

We continued our night in Tomorrowland. The wait times were finally reasonable, so we hopped on over to Buzz...

6EAE4121-6311-46EE-B70C-1E2EE9E195B1_zpsl5zuavjc.jpg

Look at my face! What the heck am I doing! LOL! I lost hard- but I blame it on the fact that Joe was the one spinning us. He intentionally spun me so I had no shot! At one point I was just shooting at the carpet wall, no targets... Cheater! :p

81C844B1-902C-4879-B9C1-6415B4A5548B_zpsfmtpephw.jpg

I need to learn where those high point targets are! HELP ME PEOPLE.

Up next was the Carousel of Progress; there really is a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day! Unless it’s Disney departure day! That is a day we must never speak of!

We had a few minutes to spare before Wishes so we hopped on the Peoplemover. Joe did not remember it being so long… why we didn’t ride this first for a leisurely post dinner ride, I’ll never know.

23B020D2-95DD-4F6A-8175-4E84954974BC_zps5mlldkt6.jpg

77507B20-B18A-4176-A2E0-F09F3EDC8929_zps98k2yz8u.jpg

It was almost 10, so we decided to head on out to Main Street. I took one single photo of Wishes, and it’s lopsided.

502610BB-A7D2-4F5E-972A-2A7F27E0A744_zpscsy45wt6.jpg

I wanted to soak it all in…and truly be in the moment. Sometimes you have to put down the camera, put your phone on airplane mode, and just live for the now. This was actually happening. I wasn’t vicariously living through someone else’s vacation, it was mine. Wishes gets me every single time. I cried. Joe held me, and I let the happy tears flow. I wish we never had to grow up! Off to never land! (This line hits you especially hard on your birthday! Peter, HELP!)

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world. Now, let’s all put our hearts together, and make a wish come true!

After Wishes, we waited for the new projection show Once Upon a Time. Again, I didn’t take pictures. So here a few from Google!
2D24B26E-B591-4438-8519-1484C1143D55_zps76gilavu.jpg

E3C17FC6-F70A-4BDB-8A7C-70D59BA95C66_zpsyiyjoy5h.jpg

C70CEF86-8602-4AB6-B815-0904E07738D8_zpskvtq3spw.jpg

I absolutely loved Celebrate the Magic (celebrate a world filled with magic, wish upon a star that shines so bright, enter a world of make believe, let your dreams come true tonightttttttt) this show’s predecessor. I would listen to the music from that show multiple times a week. Showering, let's listen to CTM. Making dinner, let's listen to CTM. (Psycho, I know.) Once Upon a Time was amazing, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t feel connected with it just yet. I need to see it again to have it develop that feeling of nostalgia. I hate giving my opinion on things after I've only experienced it once, so I don't know just yet... I did miss my song.

It’s more of a story- Ms. Potts telling a bedtime story to Chip, and because of this I felt like it focused heavily on Beauty and the Beast. Maybe they are preparing for the popularity of the live action movie? I loved it, but I’m not sure if I loved it MORE than Celebrate the Magic. Change is never easy! But, it’s honestly incredible how far the projection technology has come. At one point, it really looked like the castle towers were bouncing up and down. I couldn't imagine watching this through the eyes of a child, it's so magical.

We then hit up the Photopass photographers again!

80BEECB4-FCAE-4BE9-828D-FC1A7C493909_zpsjxjd3ps2.jpg

A75CFB2B-A203-4032-B1C8-288167C96C01_zpskcwqxglu.jpg

BBEC5BC0-F203-445E-B8C8-21AE7E08C49D_zpsspi1qxnb.jpg

I love all the lights on the castle! If you don’t believe in love at first sight, you will after you witness the castle in person!

Next up was Little Mermaid! We sang and swam along with Ariel! Boo to you technical difficulties from this morning!

54D350C3-5955-4E63-BB7B-7F7C6EB9E62D_zpsutn4khvo.jpg

FE072A28-38B9-4701-A6A5-DE5ADCEFA233_zpsp4izikcf.jpg

I like her hair here so much better now!

8202F515-B40E-42F8-A977-F70B96CA9AAF_zpsm4shgs1y.jpg

That will be me one day! Hopefully! (COME ON JOE) LOL… After traveling under the sea, we headed to the Haunted Mansion. Joe and I kept trying to figure out if we were going down, or the walls moving up in the stretching room. I should research that right about now…

It was starting to get really late, but the park was pretty much empty and we wanted to take advantage of no wait times! We decided we would go on one more attraction before calling it a night! Last, but not least, was Pirates of the Caribbean. The scene with the pirate ship blows me away every time. It actually feels like you are looking out into a dark night sky, while in a building… Oh Disney!

It was nearing 12:30, my birthday was officially over. :( As we sleepily boarded the bus for the journey back to our room, I couldn’t help but reflect on just how perfect of a birthday it was. It was chilly out, but I was warm inside, delightfully happy from the most perfect day. I think from now on, all my birthdays must be spent in Disney!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I WILL BE BACK SOON :) GONNA EAT LIKE I'M AT DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW! :p

blreinsel

I'm so excited to see Once Upon a Time, especially since it's heavily based on Beauty and the Beast. :inlove: Though Celebrate the Magic will always hold a special place in my heart. Reading this made me have to turn the soundtrack on (and I may or may not have tears right now). HOW IS THERE POSSIBLY THIS WONDERFUL OF A SONG IN EXISTENCE!? Walt talking gets me every time.

ANYWAY. Loving every part of this. Happy Thanksgiving and can't wait for more! :)

mlegerto

You look beautiful in your birthday best! What nice photos to have as a keepsake and memory for this very special trip!

This was actually happening. I wasn’t vicariously living through someone else’s vacation, it was mine. Wishes gets me every single time. I cried. Joe held me, and I let the happy tears flow. I wish we never had to grow up! Off to never land! (This line hits you especially hard on your birthday! Peter, HELP!)

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world. Now, let’s all put our hearts together, and make a wish come true!
Cue the tears! I couldn't agree with you more. There is just something so incredibly special about Wishes. I've had that feeling since the first time I saw the show....only intensified the feeling when DH proposed during it. Now I can't hold back tears when I see it - even watching it online pulls at my heart strings, just something oh so perfect about it.

It was starting to get really late, but the park was pretty much empty and we wanted to take advantage of no wait times!

DH and I recently decided to spend more time learning how to use our camera and taking better photos - we are no pros at all, just trying to capture a nicer photo than the typical point, shoot and move on. I am SO excited that our next trip is between Christmas and New Years, which I know is a BUSY time of year, but it also means the parks are open later. We plan on taking some late nights to capture some really cool photos and take in the atmosphere! To me there is NOTHING better than a night spent at MK....NOTHING I tell you!

It was nearing 12:30, my birthday was officially over. :( As we sleepily boarded the bus for the journey back to our room, I couldn’t help but reflect on just how perfect of a birthday it was. It was chilly out, but I was warm inside, delightfully happy from the most perfect day. I think from now on, all my birthdays must be spent in Disney!

Soooo....should we start planning for next November? Mines in August....can we manage both birthday trips? LOL

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Love your pictures of the castle!

And, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy!
Are you sure you love my pictures and not googles? Lol and thank you!

What a great day!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
It was the best birthday I ever did have! :) thank you!
The walls move up. Disney magic!
Thank you! I always wondered... joe and I tried to feel the floor but we were both at a loss :p
As a fellow big CTM fan, do you think you'll like the new show (Once Upon a Time) more after repeated viewings? It seems like CTM has the better music, but I wonder if I'll enjoy Once Upon a Time more in person with the added lights/etc.
I really don't know :( I think Once Upon a Time is awesome, and definitely better in person, but CTM had that catchy song that stayed with you for time to come. The projections are definitely better on Once Upon a Time but overall I think CTM was better... at least until I give it another shot

I'm so excited to see Once Upon a Time, especially since it's heavily based on Beauty and the Beast. :inlove: Though Celebrate the Magic will always hold a special place in my heart. Reading this made me have to turn the soundtrack on (and I may or may not have tears right now). HOW IS THERE POSSIBLY THIS WONDERFUL OF A SONG IN EXISTENCE!? Walt talking gets me every time.

ANYWAY. Loving every part of this. Happy Thanksgiving and can't wait for more! :)
Happy thanksgiving to you too! I think you will LOVE Once Upon a Time if you're a big Beauty and the Beast fan! It is super cute, and if I wasn't so bias to loving CTM, I think I'd be blown away with my mouth hanging open.

The hands of the big robot in the first room, the top of the carousel , and the bottom of the secret weapon.

Your time was much quieter , it's nuts in MK tonight .
Oh man! Guess who's becoming a galactic hero thanks to you! And I don't know when is good to go for less crowds!

Birthdays in Disney are the best! Happy thanksgiving
Nothing gets better than a disney birthday! :)

You look beautiful in your birthday best! What nice photos to have as a keepsake and memory for this very special trip!

Cue the tears! I couldn't agree with you more. There is just something so incredibly special about Wishes. I've had that feeling since the first time I saw the show....only intensified the feeling when DH proposed during it. Now I can't hold back tears when I see it - even watching it online pulls at my heart strings, just something oh so perfect about it.

DH and I recently decided to spend more time learning how to use our camera and taking better photos - we are no pros at all, just trying to capture a nicer photo than the typical point, shoot and move on. I am SO excited that our next trip is between Christmas and New Years, which I know is a BUSY time of year, but it also means the parks are open later. We plan on taking some late nights to capture some really cool photos and take in the atmosphere! To me there is NOTHING better than a night spent at MK....NOTHING I tell you!

Soooo....should we start planning for next November? Mines in August....can we manage both birthday trips? LOL
Thanks for the sweet compliment, you make me blush! And I never think it's too early to start planning the next trip, so ummm August and November it is! I need to pick up a second job just to pay for my Disney vacations Lol ;)

I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip! That sounds like such a fun idea to do, because not only will you be living in the moment capturing photos, but you will have them to treasure for years to come! If they come out better than my shots of the castle, maybe I'll buy a print off of you :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

Today was the day, the day for my FAVORITE park… ANIMAL KINGDOM. We woke up early to make park opening, and it surprised us both that we weren’t as tired as we thought we would be!

EC23E882-A8EA-4371-99BC-AC0635F11A4E_zpsnon6dskw.jpg

4241F3B5-EF24-481D-A917-0971D7ED981C_zps0cbk5atb.jpg

I wanted Joe to capture my Pocahontas shirt!

22A4860E-E048-4CD8-9D3E-3D04C90BD52F_zpslfptkwry.jpg

Then I started happy dancing…
13FD15D9-300B-45C7-82CD-63672F1E02F5_zpsb5elv9q2.jpg

255EA012-ECEA-4C2C-AB52-62A057D47FFA_zpsisshmmvn.jpg

Okay, fine… I’ll stop. LOL. AK, here we come! I hadn’t been to AK since my 2013 trip, and I was excited to see all the new changes!

It was on the bus that we realized it was Daylight Saving Time, I had forgotten all about it! No wonder we weren’t tired and cranky, we had an extra hour of sleep! SCORE! As we pulled into the park, you could see the MASSIVE Avatar floating mountains. When you view photos online, it doesn’t put into perspective just how large these really are! THEY ARE HUGE! I think the whole bus let out a collective “oooooooh” as we drove by. I know my mouth was hanging open. I fell asleep during the Avatar movie, and have never tried to rewatch since, but I am excited to see what this land will hold. From the ride concepts, to the new technology, to the full feeling of immersion into the world of Pandora, I am definitely excited for “Avatarland.”

It was another gorgeous, blue-sky day in Disney World! I was so afraid when I scanned my MagicBand that alarm bells were going to sound and I would be hauled away in handcuffs. All my Rivers of Light stalking made me super nervous at park entry! LOL

4669529A-765E-45B8-85C0-E3CCB106D4FD_zps6zhpgxud.jpg

I made it in without a hitch! I kept telling Joe people were looking at me funny, but he thought I was crazy! The ROL stalker was in the building!

9C78C49F-FC4F-422F-BE8D-95819E7FE457_zpsxqoug4vs.jpg

OH MY GOSH THE TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We stopped for some Photopass pictures.
7020798F-8AAD-4082-BA91-8C21517D15D0_zps7jslxt5b.jpg

A429C13C-83C8-4D9E-97B9-BDF4961C35E6_zpsytg8ywdr.jpg

We had taken off our sunglasses on the way in, but I wished we hadn’t! The sun was shining directly into our eyes for these photos, we were both squinting so badly! Don’t stare into the sun!

6D091205-A060-4BAF-A0D9-4C2FECEB8041_zpsoaabp4n3.jpg

DDCCE0AE-4485-48E0-B2FC-1CF4884DC97D_zpsvhahj6ct.jpg

97B5F0E1-BF6C-4756-AF1E-3BFE9E461A2F_zpsuigtk6zt.jpg

We then booked it to Africa. I wanted to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing, because this is when the animals are said to be the most active. This proved true on my 2013 trip, so I was hoping it would still be so!

74EBD86A-541A-4A1A-93BC-36AF7EED5326_zpso726e8k9.jpg

I love the queue, all the intimate details.

DFDFAEF7-B8D2-4689-AD35-E1E2680DE771_zpsoxz7kjdk.jpg

While in line we saw someone who was having the same hair day as me.

AE981F56-DA4C-416F-87C3-3E7E9EBAED09_zpsm7qi45d4.jpg

Hey there, cutie! For some reason I want to call this bird Kevin… LOL

Even though the park had just opened, we had to wait a good 25 minutes before boarding our safari vehicle. The parks were soooo busy this week! (Did I mention this already?!) We passed the time in line discussing what we snack we should get after the ride. A common love of food, haha. We both decided we wanted another Mickey pretzel! Mmmmmmm

But first, a safari!

45525844-507F-4D3B-85DC-AE06E20D5EF8_zpsi6qvnnvh.jpg

First up was the okapi, and again I apologize for my atrocious photo taking skills!

668B37F6-6D3B-416F-A048-EE6EFBF4F1A3_zpsha47dmve.jpg

I feel like I learn every time I ride, that their closest known relative is the giraffe, not the zebra. For some reason this information never makes it to my long term memory and it’s a shock every time!

Next up were the crocs and these things are gigantic!

D81FCC28-D829-488C-AF06-B61844089771_zpsnn5kmgpk.jpg

I don’t remember there being so many! Do they mate like rabbits or something? LOL

9BB70E14-4EF2-492C-885B-911625D6F60E_zpsluo9vwyp.jpg

010D0D7D-89D3-4A9B-B23E-96B844BA7B6A_zpsa57qf1p0.jpg

I had to capture the baobab tree, of course! Even though these are native to Africa, it looks like they are surviving in Florida! Can I get one for my own backyard? Would it survive in Philly? I want to wake up to an Animal Kingdom reminder out my window every day.

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

We continued on our tour of the African savanna.

BEC8337A-A520-4D3F-805B-47007D62A69E_zpsztbcmy6d.jpg

I swear, only in Disney could you experience something so true to the real thing. You have to continuously remind yourself that this is Florida.

We saw a poor little impala with hay stuck on his horns. He was so trying so hard to get it off! It was comical, but I did feel a tad bit sorry for the little guy! I hope his horns are free and clear now!
DAE5E351-20F5-4441-AC94-4125B4A53BAD_zpsewlg3vjs.jpg

BFE9BE1E-609E-4652-A592-E74A07915759_zpsobuelicr.jpg

The giraffe were eating in the trees, so cute! I gave Joe my phone to snap some pictures. As you can tell, we both lack the photography skill!

A6D100ED-8043-4299-A2B5-08A5F21E20D4_zpsanxo6v6f.jpg

D6E735AB-AFDA-4CCA-804C-7B4B782992F2_zpsuhiezftj.jpg

Next up were the elephants!

31C4BF0D-6E33-4049-ACEF-C3390BA3CBB9_zpsuvjuanpi.jpg

137EA944-8750-4C44-B1E9-B9A147361654_zpsko1ay03u.jpg

And my stand on one leg friends, the flamingos! I love them!
4CD183BC-AA27-4D87-96C7-FA7985C95FCA_zpsqzwesprh.jpg

It must have been brunch for the animals, because everyone was eating! Joe and I kept dreaming of our Mickey pretzel!
EC09E7F7-B2D4-424F-8713-C718C8BBAEB6_zpsunf2zrnn.jpg

Last time when I rode in the morning, the lion was awake. This time he was sleeping! You win some, you lose some! I could really join him for a cat nap right now; do you think he’d cuddle? LOL
28C2E004-F2CB-4F1A-9373-D230C8A7FDC3_zpsfskbhxag.jpg

3DC23BE2-191C-4586-B757-B0B2FC1AA4D7_zpsd3ove7cv.jpg

We approached the zebras and I was instantly reminded of my college dorm room and how it had zebra print everywhere. Those were the days! LOL

342C409D-1491-4BD1-AEA7-5CF3E00DDD66_zpstxeldwvi.jpg

Black and white are still my favorite colors. :p

Came around and saw the backside of these sleeping beauties. Joe and I sleep like this! LOL on opposite sides of the bed! Guess animals and humans are more alike than we thought! And I guess Mr. Lion is not a cuddler…
AD48BB1A-0BB7-4415-B34B-45247FD600B9_zpsnxjql6h7.jpg

We yelled Hakana Matata to Pumbaa!

8CD249D9-5018-4147-9964-49A2E1C3BEC5_zpszdgruamd.jpg

And then, in true Disney “you get a different experience each time you ride” fashion, we were stopped dead in our tracks. Our safari ride came to an abrupt halt because the vehicle in front of us was not moving. Someone was blocking their way!
46036A48-F6BF-4856-8565-591A460D5C59_zpsxffilvm9.jpg

Everyone was cracking up; this little bug ger did not want to move! And as always, animals have the right of way! We waited a good few minutes, and then he finally walked off. But now we were stopped!

419A50F9-3123-4FE7-BBB4-48F1BDD08E5B_zps1lopmcif.jpg

I think they were plotting…

The safari jeeps were backing up behind us, so out came a green cast member safari truck filled with food. They started calling him over for a bite, and he finally walked away! Talk about a dramatic safari ride!

I caught the culprit heading away! LOL

8AE1DA6F-402F-4E2E-AAC7-8559BDD0C61D_zpsmbhtjzh2.jpg

After a longer than usual safari experience, Joe and I were starved! Our fastpass for Expedition Everest would be starting soon, so we decided to head that way in our pretzel search.

We passed through the Harambe market, which I hadn’t seen before! It was gorgeous, however we didn’t see any pretzels… I did find an old pal there though!
7C3A49BE-DE07-4F53-BE35-1F27C86918E1_zpswi7yensr.jpg

Joe told me I was waving with the wrong hand, so in order to be Mickey’s true twin, I had to take the picture again!

57F71E36-96E5-4A93-9913-471D167CF099_zpstqic0fqc.jpg

People were staring at me, I felt like a total nutcase HAHA!

3888BE61-0753-4C61-BAB4-8763AE29F6BF_zpsmvgvlaje.jpg

But don’t we look the exact same? Judge me all you want, but I got my picture with Mickey! What does Fichwa Fellow mean anyway?!

My giggles were endless, this was the start to the most perfect Animal Kingdom day.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 6th

Our quest for the infamous pretzel continued. We passed carts offering hummus and veggies, and carts offering ice cream, but no pretzels… We were told we could get them closer to Everest… perfect! We were headed that way anyway!

Our stomachs were distracted for a bit as we watched these fellows swinging around!

D8332A1D-A499-46AB-8AF7-99C9E3058874_zpseoh979r2.jpg

1E652FAA-5844-465A-A9DE-1F7C9894A03C_zpsc1luiwv7.jpg

We finally make it to Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks, and they aren’t serving pretzels yet. WHAT?! At this point, Joe and I decided to just forget our morning snack; we’d eat an early lunch and have our rare pretzel later on in the day! The smart thing to do at this point would be to head right on Everest, but drinking on an empty stomach just sounds so logical on vacation!

89DE33C0-5225-47EA-AF85-70CFD915E7F0_zpsqbi8jpem.jpg

Joe got a Bud Light (booooooooooring) and I tried the Golden Monkey. The alcohol by volume for my beer was 9.5%. Let me repeat, 9.5%. I am a lightweight. Combine this with an empty stomach, I am a drunk.

7C811F54-9D24-453A-AC8F-0DAC2C619BD9_zpsyytxjmex.jpg

The Golden Monkey was awesome; I think it is my new favorite beer. It totally reminded me on Blue Moon. Except it’s stronger. Much, much stronger. We sipped and soaked in our environment, we were sitting on a rock. I was the happiest girl in all the world because I was literally RIGHT NEXT to Rivers of Light! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

1B9E9EEB-2F55-4470-B078-79400CB067A1_zpsngku40di.jpg

3DCF385F-C9BB-4E87-BCFD-7485B9A06339_zpsap9dyjfb.jpg

ED1F86F2-416A-40F6-B4E3-E15E4A0C6103_zpsahmpxidq.jpg

The outdoor theater for RoL is all I ever dreamed it would be. It brought tears to my eyes. It is so so so so BEAUTIFUL. I looked out longingly over the water, and tried to imagine the lotus flower floating by. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS SHOW. Months and months of stalking, and here I was. So close, yet still so far. :(

0894B956-56BB-4A1D-8140-B51EBEAB5827_zpsha5okprg.jpg

Joe has heard me talk about Rivers of Light incessantly. He doesn’t understand my obsession, sometimes I don’t even understand my obsession, but he has listened to me talk about this nighttime show for months. If he’s really paying attention, that’s another story.

6F2BDCF1-9499-4F5C-926F-14B90EE3DBA2_zpsbdvu6sv8.jpg

44DF0290-B6E6-4A1F-A2CB-20EA36F74D6E_zpszoy5dcjp.jpg

I posted the above photo on my Instagram and tagged David Miller (one of the people I’ve been stalking on this project). I told him that “this beer is for you!” He hasn’t blocked me yet, so I think my reputation in the RoL community is still safe! He even liked this picture!! :)
56B4E460-E687-46E9-92AC-4FFC47AE5F3C_zpsvpcagmci.jpg

Cheers to watching RoL one day, that Disney Imagineering does not throw in the towel on this project, and that someday I will be in such high spirits because my beloved AK will have the nighttime show it deserves.
0A4A1B68-7A98-477C-8E6A-9322A87F1B4A_zpspwgp2yp2.jpg

B18370DD-153C-48F3-97F7-A01749EB391C_zpsyjjez3fn.jpg

Bottoms up!

In true Nicole fashion, riding Expedition Everest tipsy was probably not the smartest idea, but it makes for amazing memories, and a funny story, in the end.

0D391CF2-A31F-4930-B01B-EBE3E98A98DE_zpswo4tlk9u.jpg

B1DF1C3C-9C16-45E3-A9DF-0AE762A97623_zpsjybkyeoz.jpg

F6E5235B-1DB4-4EAE-A12B-E0BD03620533_zpshvjghyam.jpg

2626D78D-61FD-4D51-B0EA-4B100CB311CA_zpsr4x3ttah.jpg

Not too many hair ties… (I don't understand this at all.)

8A52D177-E6D6-4A8E-83B2-C620BC0E686A_zpsqwagmbj3.jpg

B64B46EC-B911-4217-A62A-373A8B4A1773_zps2xagpx3b.jpg

As someone who rode Everest with the yeti in a-mode, I relate to the saga of “disco yeti”. In terms of themeing and length and overall story, I think Expedition Everest is the best Disney attraction to come from the Imagineers in the past 10 years. When that yeti’s arm swooped down at you, it’s an image that I will never forget. It stuck with you after you got off the ride. I remember grabbing onto my friend, screaming so loudly, afraid that this thing was really going to seize us. While it doesn’t make or break the attraction, it just made Disney stand apart. It was that Disney standard, that feeling you could only feel after experiencing a Disney thrill ride. I still have hopes that disco yeti stops his dancing. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

4C9AE44E-3E3E-4FC0-A7EC-0F8A1A98254D_zpsm8jpwp5p.jpg

It was a few minutes after 11 by the time we got off, and we agreed this was an appropriate time to eat lunch. Beer for breakfast just doesn’t cut it! Where to next?!

geebee721

So excited to finally start reading your trip report!! We are leaving in 60 days...so today is fast pass day and I'm trying not to be crazy and over plan our trip lol. Oh man no ring this trip :( you will get it when you least expect it! Then you can plan your engagement trip to Disney! And beer for breakfast is totally acceptable on vacation!! Can't wait to read more!!

Ariel1986

Loving the report so far! :) I am going to have to try that Golden Monkey (hah at first I read it as Golden Mickey- I'm in Disney mode!) as it sounds like my kind of beer! My DH says I somehow manage to always pick the highest percent drinks- even when randomly choosing one! Nothing like a happily tipsy Disney day! :D

lostpro9het

Joe got a Bud Light (booooooooooring) and I tried the Golden Monkey. The alcohol by volume for my beer was 9.5%. Let me repeat, 9.5%. I am a lightweight. Combine this with an empty stomach, I am a drunk.
The Golden Monkey was awesome; I think it is my new favorite beer.
GM is awesome! Love me some victory brewing. FYI, The Kidani pool bar also serves GM too but I like to bring my own now:
20161020_150606.jpg

Also, if you like GM the next time your at HS(brown derby lounge) or Canada in EC try La Fin da Monde by Unibroue, it's pretty awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom