The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Cmdr_Crimson

Clearly Disney is making money on the muppets cause if they were not they would not be wasting time and money to theme two new restaurants, and add two shows to two different parks. There is a demand for this IP, just cause it isn't yours doesn't mean its not right.

Also the Sea World Parks use the Sesame Street Characters (While not Owned by Disney) There is still Muppets in more places in Florida...

Phil12

Sacrilege! But, gee, it's not like we can bring back Jim Henson.
You've got it! They can't bring back Jim Henson and Frank Oz has moved on to other projects. Yet the Muppets crew spends the majority of their time trying (without success) to imitate old Muppet characters. And the old characters now do not sound or move like the Jim Henson and Frank Oz Muppets. Henson's children are unfortunately just riding the wave.

brb1006

Piggy and Kermit were never actually together until the films (and even then, spotty) - traditionally was always her chasing him in a stalker-ish manner. Though I will grant you that the whole thing with his girlfriend was a bit odd.

But the crew afraid of Miss Piggy and her tantrums? You can't get much more vintage Muppets than that - her catch-phrase was "Ay-uh!" accompanied with a karate kick when she was upset/offended on the Muppets Show. Her temper is pretty much her defining characteristic

I guess that's where the disconnect is. I never saw these Muppets some folks seem to remember that were just all best friends sitting around telling polite jokes and being cheerful.
She once karate-coped Charlie Mcarthy but actually hurt herself in the process since he's made of wood.

She also tried attacked Big Bird at one point in the Muppet Show but failed in the process.

WDWYankee15

Does the times guide list the topic of the show? Or do you just go and find out?
It does not. It doesn't even list the times. It just says "intermittently between 9:30 - 4:40"
Don't know if this was added by anyone yet, but the times are on the app though. No mention of the show "topic" on the app or anywhere else. I saw the "Declaration" on opening day and it was great.

JohnD

Don't know if this was added by anyone yet, but the times are on the app though. No mention of the show "topic" on the app or anywhere else. I saw the "Declaration" on opening day and it was great.

Yep. Through 10/29. Not later though.

Edit: Either I'm thinking of something else or this one has now changed to only through 10/15.

Last edited:

FoozieBear

It's funny that I'm only getting half the conversation here. I finally decided to block You-Know-Who from my forum experience. I never block anyone, but I couldn't take the great conversations regularly ruined by a troll who is just looking to pick a fight about a franchise he has a weird vengeance against.

When the day comes that we can all have a normal discussion about the theme parks and characters we love, I will welcome it with open arms, but until then it's just an annoying pessimism that ruins all the fun and enthusiasm that makes this forum awesome.

AEfx

My respect for you just shot so high :hilarious:

LOL, I honestly do feel bad given his Muppet-phobia. He must feel like he is under attack given that the Muppets have now shown up in three out of the four parks in new or revived ways, all at once.

A new restaurant in the studios, a new unique outdoor show at the MK, and the Muppet Mobile Lab returning to Epcot - his only safe space remaining is AK.

Now, just returning to the topic - random thought - given how Disney clearly is showing interest in the Muppets at the parks, anyone for Kermit hosting a new amphibian exhibit at AK? :)

AEfx

You're the one who compared WDW to McDonald's, not me. ;)

I may not personally believe it, but nonetheless I live in the real world and in the real world WDW is not considered high culture. It's just a fact. So when we discuss things so seriously about WDW and the relative significance of what is within it, sometimes it is appropriate to note the bigger picture.

The Empress Lilly

I would like to see similar Muppet shows on Main Street USA, Adventureland and Fantasyland.
Rumour points to South Park in Fantasyland, The Simpsons into a TL rechristened as Springfield 2071, and M*A*S*H coming outside Pirates of the Caribbean, because it is set in an exotic locale so fits the area.

That should refresh things and make the MK entertaining again. And give it a more Disney feel.

The Empress Lilly

I get that and can respect your opinion on it, but then why come in a thread dedicated for the muppets banging your chest on how much you hate the IP?
Eh, it prevents us from becoming the Disney Parks Blog. We are not an applause machine for Disney news with only positive commentary.

Besides, what other threads besides Muppet threads would be appropriate to post pro or con Muppet stuff?

Magenta Panther

Rumour points to South Park in Fantasyland, The Simpsons into a TL rechristened as Springfield 2071, and M*A*S*H coming outside Pirates of the Caribbean, because it is set in an exotic locale so fits the area.

That should refresh things and make the MK entertaining again. And give it a more Disney feel.

And Stitch's Great Escape will be replaced by ALF - Escape to Melmac. Because, hey, ALF was a popular TV puppet once too. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom