The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yep...my hubby's chore is the one I hate....dishes. We agreed before we got married that as I hate dishes, he will do those, and he hates laundry/ironing, so that's my domain. Though I rarely need to iron things. My MIL irons EVERYTHING...Tshirts, bed linens, underwear, jeans, tea towels...I don't bother with anything but dress clothing. 5 minutes after you put those jeans on, they are going to be a bit wrinkled anyway, so what's the point?

I don't mind ironing but we really don't buy anything that needs it. I think the last time I ironed something was a couple years ago. My mom loved to iron, she said it was meditative. She hated washing windows though and that is one of my favorite chores. It is weird how some people like certain tasks and hate others.

betty rose

I order three extra blankets, sometimes four, at WDW. At home I use my comforter year-round and wear sweats to bed, even in the summer. My brother's and my rooms are on one side of the house, and my parents room is on the other side of the house. Our rooms tend to get cooler than ours do, so to keep their room cool, ours get pretty cold. It doesn't help that I already have a low body temperature. For the heck of it, I decided to take my temperature in the middle of the night one time to see what it was. It was 96.2. :jawdrop: I thought to myself, "No wonder I am always cold!"
Mine is always below, 97, but during menopause. It went up to normal, and gave me hot flashes!

Songbird76

Oh wow. I can't say I blame the parent on pulling her kids from the school.

Here in the US, you can request a Federal form 504 for kids with health issues. It allows for accomodations to be made for them. I had one that we got when I was in middle school that stated I could not be penalized for missing class time or absences and that measures had to be taken to ensure that the school was healthy for me. We got it when I was in middle school and they renovated the building...without properly sealing off the areas. I had to change classes a few times because the classrooms were too close to the renovation areas. I had trouble in the art rooms because of sensitivity to the paints and other materials used, so the principal gave me permission to take chorus and orchestra instead of art. I believe I am still the only student who received permission to do that.

In high school, the most they could do was try to assign me to the air conditioned section as best they could. Sometimes that was possible, sometimes not.

Stupid stuff I no longer have to worry about in college. Our older buildings are air conditioned, most of our buildings were built after 2007, and we just got another brand new building, our elevators almost always work, and I'm always tripping over a custodian, so the buildings are definitely clean. I think even stuff like having automatic toilets, sinks, and paper towel holders in the bathrooms makes a huge difference in keeping students healthy.
Yeah, I think in the case of this woman, it was that she cried wolf too many times, so when there was an actual need, they ignored her. She was in the school complaining at least once a week....why wasn't her daughter in the advanced group for reading, why wasn't her other daughter allowed to do such and such, why did they insist on THIS activity instead of that one, why didn't they organize such and such like other schools? And most of it was trivial and not necessary...her daughter just wasn't that great of a reader and the activity she wanted had been tried before and something happened and that made them decide it wasn't a good idea. None of it was really IMPORTANT stuff, like the health and well-being of the students...THAT is important. But they staff just learned to ignore her when she came in. It's really unfortunate, because he really did have a health issue that needed to be dealt with.

Goofyernmost

I battle the weight with low thyroid. It's so hard to take it off. And I have another benign tumor on my adrenal glands. I don't if this affects weight.
My metabolism drastically changed after I had my eye surgery. I don't know why there would be any connection but until then I was able to lose an average of 2 lbs a month when I got down to my lowest weight. Since then I have put on 15 lbs and I cannot think of any reason why, nor am I able to get, at least, back down to the low point. I cannot go downward, just upward no matter what I do or how active I have been.

I fully understand that you sometimes get to the spot where what your were doing is no longer good enough, but, if I got there once it would seem to me that it would be my change point, not my backup point.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The ironic part of all of this was while at BCV, it was too cold in our room most of the time. Everytime Mousekeeping was in our room, they turned the thermostat down to 69. My mom and I get cold at night, so we turned it up to 71. Then Mousekeeping would turn it down, and we'd turn it up, and then my dad would turn it down, and we'd turn it up...:rolleyes:
Should have printed up a roommate agreement !

betty rose

My metabolism drastically changed after I had my eye surgery. I don't know why there would be any connection but until then I was able to lose an average of 2 lbs a month when I got down to my lowest weight. Since then I have put on 15 lbs and I cannot think of any reason why, nor am I able to get, at least, back down to the low point. I cannot go downward, just upward no matter what I do or how active I have been.

I fully understand that you sometimes get to the spot where what your were doing is no longer good enough, but, if I got there once it would seem to me that it would be my change point, not my backup point.
I'm in the same boat. It must have something to do with our age. I eat very little meat, eat egg beaters, have a salad for one meal. And a tiny dinner. I seem to be stuck. The one thing I haven't been doing is riding my bike. I guess the Dr. is right, exercise is the key.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom