New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

cursivesailor

I gonna be there 10/29 - 11/4... guess we wont see it. Not gonna purposely block out a chunk of night time for AK bc as of right now the calendars have it closing early each day.

prfctlyximprct

Alright guys, my Rivers of Light stalking has gone to a wholeeeeeeeee NOTHA level but anyways..

I check Twitter daily to see if anyone is talking about ROL (don't tell me I'm psycho, I'm already aware) and tonight this little quoted tweet pops up..

29E71F61-15C8-44A7-AF7A-7884282C467D_zpsrbyjfwff.png

So I'm like HMMMMMMMM, who is Mark Miller and why is he doing this to me?

So then I find this
F0CE687F-D0F2-4559-A3E8-1FDDFD028F72_zpsvli7q2vx.png

And I start to compare the two faces, they look similar, okay okay...

So I click on the quoted link and watch the video of Mark Miller talking about ROL (it's an old video and article from March)

9026EAFB-A161-4398-B7F9-431FCBC7BD10_zps49lf27va.png

I don't think this means anything at all other then Disney and all the imagineers have a conspiracy against me, but thought it was interesting! Also this was quoted today too...

BF014C39-5468-4961-B145-C4F0F42002F0_zpshzkv8hlc.png

WHY ARE PEOPLE DOING THIS TO ME?! WHY CAN'T DISNEY JUST FREAKING SAY WHAT THE DEAL IS? WHY AM I SO CRAZY?
Okay, goodnight all.

rreading

Alright guys, my Rivers of Light stalking has gone to a wholeeeeeeeee NOTHA level but anyways..

I check Twitter daily to see if anyone is talking about ROL (don't tell me I'm psycho, I'm already aware) and tonight this little quoted tweet pops up..

So then I find this

So I click on the quoted link and watch the video of Mark Miller talking about ROL (it's an old video and article from March)

I don't think this means anything at all other then Disney and all the imagineers have a conspiracy against me, but thought it was interesting! Also this was quoted today too...

WHY ARE PEOPLE DOING THIS TO ME?! WHY CAN'T DISNEY JUST FREAKING SAY WHAT THE DEAL IS? WHY AM I SO CRAZY?
Okay, goodnight all.

Wow. Makes my Disney obsession seem pretty mundane.

Props!

VeroniqueB

So then I find this

Okay, goodnight all.

This is hope and this is evil. I had given up. Now a tiny flicker of hope!!!! ;)

BriEcho3194

I know this is kinda like a bus driver but my roommate and I were hanging out at the nomad lounge at Tiffins. The waitress, She was talking about how Imaginears come in and have drinks and they talk. Everything I'm hearing about Rivers of light is very wink wink but it sounds like it's coming soon. But again, this is to be taken lightly and not seriously because it's like talking to a duck at Disney haha

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

I know this is kinda like a bus driver but my roommate and I were hanging out at the nomad lounge at Tiffins. She was talking about how Imaginears come in and have drinks and they talk. Everything I'm hearing about Rivers of light is very wink wink but it sounds like it's coming soon. But again, this is to be taken lightly and not seriously because it's like talking to a duck at Disney haha
It better be here in 69 days! ROL speaks to my soul!

flyerjab

That is great to see (finally)! For what it is worth, they have a really down to earth podcast about DAK. I enjoy them immensely as they do not shill for Disney in any way. They really give their honest opinions on everything. Although centered around DAK, they start their podcasts off about the news and break it into separate sections - the local news for DAK, and the world news for everything else WDW. They have a website dedicated to all things DAK and conservation efforts, so for fans of DAK like @DarthFiscus75 (and me :)), I would highly recommend checking out their site and their podcasts.

HauntedMansionFLA

That is great to see (finally)! For what it is worth, they have a really down to earth podcast about DAK. I enjoy them immensely as they do not shill for Disney in any way. They really give their honest opinions on everything. Although centered around DAK, they start their podcasts off about the news and break it into separate sections - the local news for DAK, and the world news for everything else WDW. They have a website dedicated to all things DAK and conservation efforts, so for fans of DAK like @DarthFiscus75 (and me :)), I would highly recommend checking out their site and their podcasts.
This updated news brought a smile to my face. I'm starting to see our December vacation falling into place. DAK at night will be the way we spend our final night at WDW on a Thursday. Of course, we will be doing a rope drop day earlier in the week to soak in all of the details.

Next Big Thing

Last I heard was hopefully October-ish, although again they're not committing until they are sure. The tracking issue was mostly sorted but it revealed a knock on effect that needed more work to overcome.
Is it possible we may enter softs still without an opening date with Disney airing on the side of extreme caution in regards to announcing an opening date?

ToTBellHop

Is it possible we may enter softs still without an opening date with Disney airing on the side of extreme caution in regards to announcing an opening date?
Has Disney ever done softs for a nighttime spectacular? Given that this show requires Fastpass and dining packages due to capacity and that people need some sort of commitment that it will run before they come to the park, it really just needs to hard open after perhaps a few nights of announced previews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom