Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriofTerror

Well, I was using that as an example. How about Boba Fett, then?
I'd expect to see Boba Fett before Peter Quill and Gamora for one simple reason: the helmet. It's a lot easier to find someone to walk around in a costume than it is to find Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana lookalikes. I know; I've tried. :hilarious:
Seriously, though; if I recall correctly, the ones that were used for the special events were flown in for the occasion from California. They were literal Hollywood types.

Next Big Thing

I'd expect to see Boba Fett before Peter Quill and Gamora for one simple reason: the helmet. It's a lot easier to find someone to walk around in a costume than it is to find Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana lookalikes. I know; I've tried. :hilarious:
Seriously, though; if I recall correctly, the ones that were used for the special events were flown in for the occasion from California. They were literal Hollywood types.
They have the option of doing a masked Star Lord too, ya know...

star%20lord%20helmet_zpsvaq0q60m.jpg

Daveeeeed

Tbh as long as Imagination!, The Land, Missions: Space, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and The American Adventure remain IP free at this point I'm fine with them adding ips that have some resemblance to its location. Ex. Aladdin in Morocco. Like I've said before not my optimal choice as Energy could be a really cool coaster instead of Guardians, but it still can work a lot better than most on these boards think. And if what Marni said about the aesthetics is happening, that would go a long way. It truly can keep FW up to date for 20 or more years. Just please Disney actually fix The Living Seas! Like imagine The Living Seas that it feels like you are actually in the ocean, and there just happens to be a Nemo ride.

Edit: And I would most definitely be against Spaceship Earth getting an overlay.

Last edited:

Mike S

Tbh as long as Imagination!, The Land, Missions: Space, Test Track, and The American Adventure remain IP free at this point I'm fine with them adding ips that have some resemblance to its location. Ex. Aladdin in Morocco. Like I've said before not my optimal choice as Energy could be a really cool coaster instead of Guardians, but it still can work a lot better than most on these boards think. And if what Marni said about the aesthetics is happening, that would go a long way. It truly can keep FW up to date for 20 or more years. Just please Disney actually fix The Living Seas! Like imagine The Living Seas that it feels like you are actually in the ocean, and there just happens to be a Nemo ride.
Soooooooo, you're okay with Spaceship Earth getting an IP?

*slowly reaches for torch and pitchfork*

asianway

Never, not even during SWW, has there been a paid cosplayer to portray Han Solo at WDW. I believe much of that goes back to Harrison Ford if i'm not mistaken.
Most recent was the 14 Christmas parade, before that they did the Epic overlay at last tour to endor, and they did have him ca 2003 not sure what capacity at SWW

asianway

Only at Unleashed.

::Thor:: ahem

doctornick

Not really.

It's a debate if this ride will be GotG without actually being called GotG. Still seems to be a gray area.

I think people are misinterpreting this from @marni1971 (but he can feel free to correct me). I take his statement that they the ride instead of being something like "Guardians of the Galaxy Race to Generate Energy" or some such*, it would just be "Energy Attack: Fossil Fuel Burn" featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy. Sort of like how Rock N Roller Coaster doesn't have Aerosmith in the main title.

I don't think it has anything to do with the ability to use GotG in WDW (they can use them and their name as been indicated multiple times by insiders) but probably more as a way to have the IP use be less jarring with the rest of Epcot. Just my guess.

*I don't actually think the ride will end up being about Energy anymore either, just using that as an example.

Cesar R M

No. It is not.
someone help me with a calc! :hilarious:

Once the GotG join the Avengers in Infinity War, it has a direct effect on the contract as the Guardians will be a part of The Avenger family at that point.

Right now I believe they are free to use them, but after that, no deal. And the ride won't even open until the movie comes out.

Sounds legit and will include a backwards launch.
The guardians have already started and appeared many times along with the Avengers in the comics.
even some avengers joining the Guardians (Iron man was in the first issues of Vol 3, then Agent Venom, now its Kitty pride too)

In that case they already would have been disqualified, because they've had several appearances in Avengers cartoons, and appearing in several stories with the Avengers in the comics before then.

Not to mention that the full name of the guardians of the galaxy are actually "Guardians of the Galaxy, Future's Avengers". They are technically the future and universe Avengers.
At least the original group (which dates back to the 90's with Yondu, Captain Vance Astro (who carries Captain America's shield), other dudes I dont remember and Charlie 3000

Siren

I actually disagree, I think the structure isn't all that ugly/even looks kind of cool. The problem for me isn't the design, it's how it fits into the surrounding area- especially how it would on Sunset.
Hi @IDInstitute! I guess that's the Catch-22 -- it's a prison, so it's supposed to be ugly. I wish it could have been a brand new ride though.

I also agree that this just doesn't fit on Sunset Blvd. I think Disney agrees too, since no plans have been revealed and it's rumored to go into Epcot anyway.

I'm not crazy about that last picture with the dead? creatures encased in glass. Even if they are alive, that's just creepy and cruel-looking.

HS ToT is really a wonderfully themed and executed ride. It would be a shame to change it. I say go next door, enclose the RnRRC queue and make it a great GoG ride, if they choose to place it in an existing ride at HS. Better yet, drop the unexciting plans for Toy Story and fill up that area with GoG and other good stuff!
Hi @KikoKea! I like the RnRRC idea and Disney can even use the music from the movie. I still would prefer a brand new ride though!

And yeah... I totally agree -- those creatures look so grotesque. Hopefully, they won't use the collector story line for the Epcot ride. LOL.

Cesar R M

To be fair, Marvel made MANY stupid decisions in the 90s, including distributing their own comics and letting Rob Liefeld write & draw Captain America.

There are a lot of popular characters that don't appear on a daily basis. A Han Solo meet & greet would be hugely popular, I'd wager. Is there some sort of conspiracy afoot about that?
Damn you Matt, I now remember that deformed monstrosity of Rob Liefeld..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom