The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Not sure. I read someone tried to bring a gun in here yesterday. I already repeat to security every time I get randomly selected that everyone needs to go through. Now I can use this to argue my point.
pretty sure the scanners are for show, they use sourveillance and trained personal to find those who look suspicius.
kinda like LIE TO ME the tv series.q

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not sure. I read someone tried to bring a gun in here yesterday. I already repeat to security every time I get randomly selected that everyone needs to go through. Now I can use this to argue my point.

True. Unfortunately they have zip power to make that happen. Cast continually told management about the issues with the gators and we sadly know how that turned out. Front line employees have next to no power. They can give you a fastpass or two but really their opinions mean little.

StarWarsGirl

True. Unfortunately they have zip power to make that happen. Cast continually told management about the issues with the gators and we sadly know how that turned out. Front line employees have next to no power. They can give you a fastpass or two but really their opinions mean little.
Well, I repeat anyway. Because I figure the more I (and others) repeat, the greater a chance that SOMEONE will listen.

And seriously, they need to turn the sensitivity down so women's bras don't set it off. Seriously, my bra never set it off before this. It's rather embarassing to have your scanned and set the wand off!

Gabe1

You're lucky. Not all communities have bike trails--none around here, that's for sure. Enjoy the trails--very nice.

Wow. That surprises me. We have have a lovely RiverWalk and then subtrails to that. We take Walt on walks over 3 counties on RiverWalks and Bike/Horse trails. He still hasn't seen a horse, I can't imagine what he'd do, likely pee. There are so many forest preserves and many of those have bike trails too. I can start up at Woodfield Mall and take a bike trail all the way down to Brookfield Zoo. A good 30 miles.

StarWarsGirl

I just read a report the Main Street Electrical Parade is ending in early October and Paint the Night will stay at Disneyland and be performed on select night during the holidays. Actually it said that Ptn would be performed somewhere at the Disneyland resort.

I would prefer that Disneyland keep paint and WDW get something completely new.
Well, DL is getting MSE (according to the homepage). So WDW could likely get Paint the Night.

Gabe1

I do watch, I eat a little piece of cake, no icing. With a protein heavy meal. My uncle died after eating a bowl of sugared strawberries. I watch very carefully.

My Grandfather died when I was about 3 years old after going into a diabetic coma. His last meal, a cherry pie and a fifth of Whiskey. My Mom called it deliberate suicide. He worked in a railyard and got squished between two cars and lost half a leg. That was the end of his working. Artificial legs were not close to what they are now and companies didn't hire older people with disabilities or for the most part anyone with disabilities. He said Gran would be better off without him and the small kids too. And poof he was gone.

StarWarsGirl

Whelp, my dad made it back home. I'm kind of glad it was just him. My brother has a cold, which means he's even less chatty than usual (he has language difficulties as it is). Either one of us down here by ourselves probably would have been desperate for adult conversation after a day. Plus my brother has a very short fuse.

Thank you, guy who was sitting behind us at Jungle Book, for coughing all over my brother and making him sick.

Gabe1

Is this the one I read about yesterday? An ambulance was called out. Or another one?

I'm curious as time goes on to learn what the dude with the Gun at the MK was thinking. Impersonating a police officer (even though he was one at one time) is very scary and disconcerting in a place like WDW. Further why he is no longer an officer. Through the boards I know one police officer that flat out has always said he carried into the parks prior to these metal detectors. I know even our retired here are allowed to carry with officer privileges after they are no longer on the force. I wonder if it was just chance they caught this one or if profiling is working.

Gabe1

View attachment 155364

(This kid is adorable. :) And the sunset's cool too.)

We actually have one of these boardwalks just like this though this one in the picture has prettier plants. Ours goes over a swampish area when the river overflows. I don't go back there often. I need people to go with me. It is so freak'n isolated-it is dumb unless I'm walking with a group. Just almost asking for trouble. Nobody hear you out there. But when I am able to go back there it is so cool, deer will pop out from under the walk-never know who is more startled.

Gabe1

We were surprised as well, but given it's a Jewish funeral home, it makes sense. Jews bury their dead very quickly. They prefer to do so within 24 hours, but if that can't happen, then they do it within a few days. So that way, if this situation arises, the service can be streamed. This is especially nice given that usually, the Jewish "sit shiva" or take morners, for three days, but my stepgrandmother can only do one day. So with technology, everyone can participate.

For the record, we are not Jewish; my grandfather converted so he could marry his wife.

I'm Irish and our wakes were for 2 days and then funeral followed by a meal that usually wound up being a send off party.

With funerals becoming as expensive as weddings things have been trimmed back over my lifetime. Still a ridiculous amount of money though and a real hardship for some. When my FIL passed a few years back and I was a big step backwards from those making the decisions I was like WOW are you people crazy (though of course I didn't say that.) But when I look back at those 2 days my coupon king FIL would have been so ticked off.

Converting always amazed me. Me I'm not against Mixing of religions if couples can work through that in advance. Of course what most of us believe is what we were raised to have faith in. Somethings I can't wrap my brain around. My cousin is now Jewish. She converted when her kids were approaching their teen years. Not judging, just can't imagine one day believing in Jesus and the next day not or vice versa one day still waiting for Jesus and then waking up and poof He has been here all along. Funny and odd the things that stick from when you were a kidl

StarWarsGirl

I'm Irish and our wakes were for 2 days and then funeral followed by a meal that usually wound up being a send off party.

With funerals becoming as expensive as weddings things have been trimmed back over my lifetime. Still a ridiculous amount of money though and a real hardship for some. When my FIL passed a few years back and I was a big step backwards from those making the decisions I was like WOW are you people crazy (though of course I didn't say that.) But when I look back at those 2 days my coupon king FIL would have been so ticked off.

Converting always amazed me. Me I'm not against Mixing of religions if couples can work through that in advance. Of course what most of us believe is what we were raised to have faith in. Somethings I can't wrap my brain around. My cousin is now Jewish. She converted when her kids were approaching their teen years. Not judging, just can't imagine one day believing in Jesus and the next day not or vice versa one day still waiting for Jesus and then waking up and poof He has been here all along. Funny and odd the things that stick from when you were a kidl
My dad has already told us if something happens to him, small memorial service and take the money and go to WDW. :rolleyes:

My grandfather was never really religious. At all. He couldn't have cared less whether or not they celebrated Christmas or Chanakuh (sp?). I'm not sure that he ever cared enough about religion to give it more than a passing thought. The only reason he converted was to marry his wife. He openly admitted to that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom