News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

clemmo

Well...2016 is more than half over, No meaningful construction has commenced on SWL or TSL, just some preliminary demo The GMR replacement has not even been verified or announced yet, and it has previously been stated that SWL at DHS will not open untl after the Disneyland version debuts... Add to that, an overlay for an existing ride too just shy of two years, and I have no idea how they will possibly have ANY of these projects up and running by 2019...except for maybe Avatarland at DAK...
I'm just going by a timeline I saw confirmed in another thread however it does seem like they're way behind on everything especially TSL at the moment.

Bocabear

Let's see....Fantasyland lost:
Skyway To Tomorrowland
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Snow White's Scary Adventures

With FLE we gained:
Voyage Of The Little Mermaid
7 Dwarfs Mine Coaster
An additional Dumbo
So in my eyes, we are about even... Yes there are a few more shops and a new restaurant and quick serve... but all in all, with the biggest expansion in the park's history, we are essentially at the same attraction count as we were in 1979

dm11

Let's see....Fantasyland lost:
Skyway To Tomorrowland
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Snow White's Scary Adventures

With FLE we gained:
Voyage Of The Little Mermaid
7 Dwarfs Mine Coaster
An additional Dumbo
So in my eyes, we are about even... Yes there are a few more shops and a new restaurant and quick serve... but all in all, with the biggest expansion in the park's history, we are essentially at the same attraction count as we were in 1979
There is also Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Biff215

I see no problem with including Belle in the attraction list. It's not for everyone, but there are some cool effects and the target audience loves it. As a parent, I wish more meet and greets were done well like this. There's nothing worse than waiting a half hour and then having the character, photographer, and handler rush you through. You blink and it's over sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom