First onsite stay - Magical Express

packfan79

Original Poster
So, as I had (excitedly) posted earlier, we are staying at the BCV next April.

We have never stayed onsite at Disney, and I have, probably, a rather silly question, but....

How does Magical Express work? Do they mail you some sort of sticker type ticket to attach to our luggage? Crazy question, but how do they know how many pieces of luggage we have?

AndrewsJ

So, as I had (excitedly) posted earlier, we are staying at the BCV next April.

We have never stayed onsite at Disney, and I have, probably, a rather silly question, but....

How does Magical Express work? Do they mail you some sort of sticker type ticket to attach to our luggage? Crazy question, but how do they know how many pieces of luggage we have?
The others have answered but want to let you know that your questions aren't crazy. The more you ask the better prepared you will be! Welcome to the forums!

Jon81uk

You also don't have to use the luggage labels, you can collect your own bags instead and have them put onto the bus. This is often reccomended for late arrivals (after 7pm) as it can take 3 hours or longer for bags to get to your room so if you want things before bedtime its better to do it yourself.

Also international travellers can't use the luggage labels and have to take their own bags to the bus.

ynahtebwdw

Also using DME for the first time, do you get an allocated bus time depending on the time your flight gets in or can you just hop on the first one that arrives? (Sorry, I have literally no idea how this works)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Also using DME for the first time, do you get an allocated bus time depending on the time your flight gets in or can you just hop on the first one that arrives? (Sorry, I have literally no idea how this works)
There are no pre-assigned bus times. When you arrive at the DME area, you will scan your MagicBands and be instructed to a numbered line from which you will board the bus. A few resorts are grouped together so your resort bus may make other stops first. And you may have to wait for your bus or for other passengers once you board the bus (it's a supply and demand system.)

dreamfinder

Since flights are delayed, rerouted, etc, they don't assign you a time or bus. They ask for your flight information to help anticipate demand, and plan staffing and buses accordingly. Simply follow the signs/directions to the DME area, and the CMs will direct you to the appropriate bus queue. If you used the yellow luggage tags, and your flight is arriving at a reasonable time, then you don't need to worry about your luggage. If you choose to pick it up yourself, or you have a late flight arrival, just bring it with you and it will be placed on the bus.

ynahtebwdw

ok great thanks everyone! we're not from the US so won't have our magic bands with us when we arrive, I'm assuming this won't be an issue?

dreamfinder

ok great thanks everyone! we're not from the US so won't have our magic bands with us when we arrive, I'm assuming this won't be an issue?

Nope. It just takes a few more minutes as you will need to stop at a desk and manually check in instead of just swiping the band.

Belle_MTL

Also international travellers can't use the luggage labels and have to take their own bags to the bus.

That might depend on where internationally you're traveling from. We're from Canada and use the yellow labels every time. We've never had to pick up our own luggage. Just one of the many perks of staying onsite!

Polydweller

That might depend on where internationally you're traveling from. We're from Canada and use the yellow labels every time. We've never had to pick up our own luggage. Just one of the many perks of staying onsite!
Yep, it does depend. If the airport has US pre clearance, like most major Canadian airports, then you can use the yellow tags. Otherwise you can't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom