Changes at WDW due to alligator attack (dedicated thread)

Goofyernmost

I'm glad these guys survived. Although I don't think I'll ever be taking this photo again. Insensitive Disney guest I was.

Given time it will be OK again. That was an accident and it involved nature. Sad, indeed, but, that doesn't mean that you are not sensitive to that event, it just means that you understand that stuff happens. That plastic, make-believe, gator was not responsible for that terrible thing. Life goes on.

There are literally millions of future guests that are not going to have any knowledge of that event and they will be taking exactly the same picture. Just because CNN covered it doesn't mean that the whole world has an intimate knowledge of what happened.

MOXOMUMD

One other interesting tidbit - I've been hired as a gator double agent. Essentially, I will don an alligator costume and infiltrate various gator communities in and around WDW and find out "what they're up to" according to my personal mission statement.
3174232_700b_v1.jpg

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Anyone know whether fishing from the shore or decks is back at Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans - Riverside, where it was originally allowed and encouraged with pole rentals?

I hope so. PoR cane pole dispenser has been my fantasy retirement job for years. You can sit in that little hut, read books, and dispense cane poles 10-15 times a day. Many moons ago I talked to the dude who had that job and he felt sorry for his wife who worked as a Disney maid. I hope he at least did dishes.

cheesecake

I'm glad these guys survived. Although I don't think I'll ever be taking this photo again. Insensitive Disney guest I was.

This is no worse than the thousands of pictures taken inside the shark at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. The alligator incident was awful, but the walking on eggshells around all alligator characters will soon end. It actually seems like it already has slowed down a lot.

cheesecake

That I think is generally true, Most CM's actually DO care about the guests but they are not ALLOWED to express that care by their management.

How sad. But it really does kind of reinforce that the CMs (as a whole) are great people, who want to do well and give the guests a wonderful experience. Not because they get so much money or recognition, but because they love Disney. And the upper management at Disney needs to be worthy of that kind of love and devotion.

Sonconato

Back in December of 2015, we saw this little guy who was about 2 feet long by Frontierland, close to Country Bear Jamboree.
Gator at Frontierland.jpg

We were at Magic Kingdom tonight walking on the boardwalk toward Thunder Mountain and off to the right, right before the entrance to get the rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island, there was this trap that appears to be to catch those small gators that have been seen in that area. The trap looked to be about 5 feet long and it had what appeared to be meat hanging at the end opposite the entrance. There was a black tarp laying on the ground that looks like it came off, but was supposed to hide this thing from view. Disney is making an effort for sure.
Gator Trap.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Nice sign, but this is not themed. It is just an warning

Seriously are you that blind, The sign is themed to match the REST of the signs at Shades of Green which are themed to match the resort, As opposed to the plain white PVC with silkscreened lettering which you can get at any decent print shop and do not match the theming of the polynesian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom