The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I went to pull out a chair at my diningroom table and got stung by a wasp that must have flown in my door. (I have a nest in an old tree hole that needs taken down.) The dumb thing got me between my index and middle finger. Soooo not happy. :grumpy:

Oh OOOW! I've never been stung, but that sounds like a really bad place to be stung, too!! Yikes! I hope you aren't allergic!

Wow! Ouch! Sorry. :(

Coincidentally I took my bike out for a ride before it reached the 90's this morning. I'm wearing a round neck tank top. I am riding the RiverWalk and a freak'n bee flies down my shirt and stings me in an area that should not be stung! :in pain:

So here I am on the RiverWalk trying to get this thing out of my tank top. I just pray nobody saw this as that would be as painful as the sting. :rolleyes:

So I'm going down the street about a half hour ago to talk to my friend who is hauling trimmed branches to the road for pick-up. I walk out the door and a bee flies up the back of my shirt. I'm guessing bright green attracts Bees? Time to change. :confused:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just got done with my lunch with an imagineer. It was great! She worked in show design and production (most designing queue spaces and attraction space) and had been with the studios park since 1988 so during construction. Just a great afternoon.

And for those of you that need a smile today the picture below is for you!
image.jpeg

Cesar R M

Just got done with my lunch with an imagineer. It was great! She worked in show design and production (most designing queue spaces and attraction space) and had been with the studios park since 1988 so during construction. Just a great afternoon.

And for those of you that need a smile today the picture below is for you!
View attachment 148442
Love it!
Wizard Mickey! My favorite! :D

donaldtoo

So I went to pull out a chair at my diningroom table and got stung by a wasp that must have flown in my door. (I have a nest in an old tree hole that needs taken down.) The dumb thing got me between my index and middle finger. Soooo not happy. :grumpy:

Sympathy like. Hope it gets better soon! :)
I've been stung by bees and wasps many times.
One of the more memorable times was when we were at a wedding reception many years ago at a local country club. We were enjoying dinner on an outdoor terrace, and a yellow jacket kept buzzing us. Finally, I saw my opportunity and swatted at it. Only, as a reflex action I guess, I actually closed my hand in the process. In the split second it took me to realize my mistake, it was too late...!!! :eek: :hilarious:
Got me on the palm right between my ring and middle finger on my right hand.
The wasp didn't make it...I threw hard on the terrace and squished it... :oops:

donaldtoo

technology wise, my current implant is severely outdated. Its 15 years old.
The new one is wireless, is water resistant (you can shower with it) and has 300 times the processing power of the older one. Which means it has way better noise reduction, focus mode, etc.. Also allows you to use your phone wirelessly and use tools wirelessly (like giving a special microphone to a friend for direct listening). The current model only allows plugging in, and having to carry a 3 meter long tiny cable is awful.
I can hear fine in 1on1 conversations and in lowly noisy environments, but when it starts to get noisy (background noise, chatter, speakers..etc..) my capability to understand plummets. In heavy noise environments the processor sometimes locks up (as in just boosts the noise with no filtering at all).

Wow. Sympathy like.
Hope your job situation works out well and you are able to afford the upgrade soon, Cesar.

donaldtoo

Most probably visual acuity. I get people dizzy because my eyes wander everywhere where there is movement.
hell, I easily spot birds from where noone can. Kinda frustrating to tell your entire family "see that humming bird over there" and everyone is "where the hell? cant see crap". 5 minutes later "ohh it moved, finally see it!".

Thanks for responding to both of my posts, Cesar. :)
Obviously, so much of the time, life is no picnic, and throwing in something like being deaf totally changes the game even more.
I very much appreciate your perspective, your sense of humor, and your positive outlook on life, so much of the time...! :)

donaldtoo

The donuts and the day looks amazing, and a lot of fun. Glad you had some great eats! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Thanks, Bets!
It was a great day, and so was all the food...! :)

I was first introduced to those gem donuts back in 1978. Someone from our 3-hour long morning vocational drafting class in HS, during my junior and senior year, was sent to go get them every morning. I can't remember a morning we didn't have them. I never ate breakfast at home during those years.
They are still, by far and away, the best donuts I've ever had...!!! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

BuddyThomas

@BuddyThomas , I watched a few different national news channels this evening and saw clips of the parade in N.Y. I looked for you in the crowd, but there were many people, so I didn't see you--but knew you were there! :)
Hey there. So, of course we had to go to honor Orlando. The whole thing was about Orlando. It was sad, happy, empowering, joyous, and very emotional. And cocktails. Please to enjoy, a little photo pictorial of NYC Pride 2016, and of course, do not expect anything close to the amazing pics of @MOXOMUMD :)

Pride more.JPG

Looking very crowded on Christopher Street. But we had to get to our brunch reservation, which included all you can drink cocktails for $13.95!! And look, we made it!

Orlando Price All Yu Can Drink.JPG
That would be a Blueberry Caipirinha, which sounds maybe disgusting, but was kind of amazing. And potent. And 90 minutes of drinks to go.

Phil and Rainbow Brite.JPG

So, this is someone we don't know. I call her Rainbow Brite. She came over and started talking to Phil for like a half an hour. And why is she holding a lime?

I have more sense than to run my mouth yapping. I was busy pounding drinks during my 90 minutes of free cocktails. :)

Then, it was time for some more parade.

Pride 1.JPG

Pride 2.JPG Pride 3.JPG

There are more, but you get the idea.

And finally, we went to the Pride Fest, which is sort of a street fair that sells a lot of stuff you don't need. But instead of buying, we just did a lot of posing. I blame the blueberry caipirinhas. ;) Anyway, happy Pride everyone. Not just for what we were celebrating, but what everyone everywhere can be proud of, which I think is what it is all about to begin with.

PS - The final picture looks like I have blueberries coming out of my head, and i just might, considering how many blueberry cocktails I drank beforehand. :)

Orlando Strong hands out.JPG Orlando strong purple.JPG

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Hey there. So, of course we had to go to honor Orlando. The whole thing was about Orlando. It was sad, happy, empowering, joyous, and very emotional. And cocktails. Please to enjoy, a little photo pictorial of NYC Pride 2016, and of course, do not expect anything close to the amazing pics of @MOXOMUMD :)

View attachment 148521

Looking very crowded on Christopher Street. But we had to get to our brunch reservation, which included all you can drink cocktails for $13.95!! And look, we made it!

View attachment 148522
That would be a Blueberry Caipirinha, which sounds maybe disgusting, but was kind of amazing. And potent. And 90 minutes of drinks to go.

View attachment 148523

So, this is someone we don't know. I call her Rainbow Brite. She came over and started talking to Phil for like a half an hour. And why is she holding a lime?

I have more sense than to run my mouth yapping. I was busy pounding drinks during my 90 minutes of free cocktails. :)

View attachment 148524

View attachment 148525 View attachment 148527

And finally, we went to the Pride Fest, which is sort of a street fair that sells a lot of stuff you don't need. But instead of buying, we just did a lot of posing. I blame the blueberry caipirinhas. ;) Anyway, happy Pride everyone. Not just for what we were celebrating, but what everyone everywhere can be proud of, which I think is what it is all about to begin with.

View attachment 148528 View attachment 148529

Awesome...!!!!! :happy: :)

donaldtoo

Thank you!

All went better than I could have hoped for today. My Mom was in a strange mood, but she did put on a dress and a mostly black dress at that. She had been rambling about she wasn't going to wear a dress (I didn't care) and was going to just throw on a pair of pants. (My Mom had always dressed well so it was odd but whatever, Mom is rebelling thing.) I got to meet my great niece that is now 1 1/2 that I had yet to meet and that sure lightened the mood, she was a hoot. My niece and my Sis spoke and both of them did very well but my Sis kind of lost it and that made me sad for her but she regrouped. She is a very good public speaker. My niece and my Dad always bet on sports for years. She said Papa died too soon 'cause she thought she would have cleaned up with Cleveland this week winning. Made everyone laugh.

Saw some people I have not seen in a very long while and that was so nice. I side stepped some evil people real well and that worked out just fine. My MIL and adopted MIL were both there. The fake one (long story) has been my buddy as was her husband for decades and so nice of her to attend. It was kinda sad to see my real MIL as she is in assited living for a couple years and the dementia seems to have sunk in deeper. Not sure she knew where she was or why she was there. She was very social and she was just silent. I watched at the wake after that my BIL was explaining how to eat the pizza appetizer, that it was finger food and it seemed to confuse her. That was sad to see. Yet the 91 year old lady climbed a flight of stairs with no issues after a knee replacement a couple years ago. Go Figure.

We spent the balance of the afternoon with my Mom, my Sis and her family and mine at my Moms. My Sis will be there till late Monday so I will get a few days break at least. While there my Sis' hubby did all the legal crud for stocks and life insurance/dividends, tax obligations as he is a banker and a stockbroker. A relief I don't have to figure out all that.

So under the circumstances the day went very very well and I was pleased with all the arrangements I made for my Dad and the wake thereafter. And Done! :oops:

Sorry, still playing ketchup.
So glad to hear things went as well as can be expected.
Hopefully, there has been some normalcy restored to your life.
Prayers.

donaldtoo

Thanks, good to know. And yep, I always wear sunglasses outside too.

I wore my new Wayfarer's for only the second time to DWifeys company picnic this weekend.
I pretty much always wear sunglasses outside, too.

I didn't participate in much other than spectating and eating this time around. :oops:
I told the boss on the way out that I was definitely coming prepared to get dirty next year! My cheapy shades all the way!
He said he was gonna' see if he could get the local fire department to come out for displays and such, but, also to hose everyone down after the tug of war, so more would participate!!! :hilarious:
This guy is awesome...! :)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That you for that exquisite photo of the best Disney character ever!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I figured you would like the Minnie picture best! :)

View attachment 148521

View attachment 148522

View attachment 148523

View attachment 148524

View attachment 148525 View attachment 148527

PS - The final picture looks like I have blueberries coming out of my head, and i just might, considering how many blueberry cocktails I drank beforehand. :)

View attachment 148528 View attachment 148529

Very cool pictures, love the one with you and all the balloons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom