The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Both DDs are flying to LA tomorrow. The lady that founded the workout group they're members of is sponsoring a session in the Rose Bowl this weekend.
If y'all remember, our DDs sponsored an event here in Austin a while back, and women came from as far away as California and Canada.
Oldest is out tonight, and youngest is babysitting, and asked us to run an errand for her.
Great excuse on a Friday night for.......
Catfish Parlour...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Funny thing is, DS was the only one that had catfish this time around...!!! :hilarious:

My serve yourself Caesar Salad, hush puppies with jalapeño tartar sauce, and my Shiner Bock...! :hungry:

View attachment 147993

My spicy fried oysters...! :hungry:

View attachment 147994

All you can eat beer beans and slaw, and DWifeys chicken fried steak in the background...! :hungry:

View attachment 147995

Sunset on the drive home...! :happy:

View attachment 147996
Thanks for sharing your evening meal with us. The oysters look good. I would be willing to try the fried variety.

betty rose

Happy farm market Saturday. Except my dh is in the doghouse again. Last night when I started putting the overnight bag for the trip down together he said he needs new summer jammies:rolleyes::mad::banghead: I asked him a few weeks ago if he needed anything else and he said he was good. So it's 2 stops before pool time today. I hope all of you have a great weekend.
Thanks grocery shopping for me today.

StarWarsGirl

The waits have not been bad this trip so far. We got there and got a DAS for Indy sand then a FP for Star Tours. Then we saw that Big Thunder was a 15 minute wait, so we did that twice. I hadn't been on it since the refurb (which was going on during my last trip), and now, it is SO much better than the WDW version. The replaced track is much smoother, the effects are better, and scenes are different. Not WDW's twin anymore, even though the track is a mirror. WDW's track also probably needs replacing.

Indiana Jones is such a cool ride. It does go a bit too quickly through the scenes, though. Not enough time to look at everything. Still fun, though.

Jungle Cruise was great. I think I like the WDW version a bit better.

Star Tours at WDW is better simply because they have more speeders, which means a faster line, and the loading area isn't cramped.

Hyperspace Mountain...that thing is so awesome. I think I might like it better than DL's regular Space Mountain. I think the additional effects make it more intense. The first time on it, someone had handed us two FPs, and so my parents let my brother and me ride it while they walked through a shop (which they enjoy and my brother hates). I was completely blown away, as was my brother...and then we got off acting like it was no big deal, so when we immediately got on with my parents, they were surprised. My mom thought it was great. My dad just says, "That was interesting." :rolleyes:Although I believe he's just trying to tease since he claims he doesn't like Star Wars.

Matterhorn's track needs replacing. I have to brace with my hands and feet in order to not get injured. That thing is a once a day ride.

I think I like DL's IASW better. It seems longer, and I like the addition of the Disney characters.

My mom is never riding Rodger Rabbits Cartoon Spin with me ever again. I don't think my dad ever will ride it with me. Apparently, it is not the tea cups. :hilarious:

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is weird.

I don't know what was going on with HM, but it stopped for a while...in a spot with nothing interesting to look at. Overall, I like WDW's better, but Hatchbox Ghost is cool.

WDW got the Cliff Notes version of PofTC. The real one is in DL.

Conversely, the real TofT is in WDW.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is good, but takes too long to load and unload.

Dinner last night was at Blie Bayou. That was very good. The entrees are pricey, but come with either Gumbo or a salad, so it's plenty of food. My dad said the cost was comparable to when we eat at BOG.

I really don't care that Fantasmic is on hiatus. Now we can walk through New Orleans Square that time of night.

Construction of SWL is having very little impact. Only since there's no PeopleMover and no train, there's really no attraction to just kind of take a break on.

MOXOMUMD

StarWarsGirl

So I went to pull out a chair at my diningroom table and got stung by a wasp that must have flown in my door. (I have a nest in an old tree hole that needs taken down.) The dumb thing got me between my index and middle finger. Soooo not happy. :grumpy:
Sympathy like. I actually got stung in that same spot when I was seven. It was our first trip to Hilton Head and we were leaving, and there were wasps outside the building. I screamed and could not stop screaming. My mom slapped me to get me to stop so I could tell her what had happened. I think that is why I'm petrified of bees now.

Not a fun place to get stung. Wasps are the worst.

Cesar R M

We asked about surgical gloves but the gal said they wouldn't come down far enough to really keep it dry, so she suggested garbage bags. Let me tell you, showering with the hand in a bag is like doing the hokey pokey, but you never put your right hand IN, it's always out, and there's a lot more turning about!
you could always use a normal supermarket plastic bag and some masking tape. Thats how I used to shower when I had my tons of surgeries.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The waits have not been bad this trip so far. We got there and got a DAS for Indy sand then a FP for Star Tours. Then we saw that Big Thunder was a 15 minute wait, so we did that twice. I hadn't been on it since the refurb (which was going on during my last trip), and now, it is SO much better than the WDW version. The replaced track is much smoother, the effects are better, and scenes are different. Not WDW's twin anymore, even though the track is a mirror. WDW's track also probably needs replacing.

Indiana Jones is such a cool ride. It does go a bit too quickly through the scenes, though. Not enough time to look at everything. Still fun, though.

Jungle Cruise was great. I think I like the WDW version a bit better.

Star Tours at WDW is better simply because they have more speeders, which means a faster line, and the loading area isn't cramped.

Hyperspace Mountain...that thing is so awesome. I think I might like it better than DL's regular Space Mountain. I think the additional effects make it more intense. The first time on it, someone had handed us two FPs, and so my parents let my brother and me ride it while they walked through a shop (which they enjoy and my brother hates). I was completely blown away, as was my brother...and then we got off acting like it was no big deal, so when we immediately got on with my parents, they were surprised. My mom thought it was great. My dad just says, "That was interesting." :rolleyes:Although I believe he's just trying to tease since he claims he doesn't like Star Wars.

Matterhorn's track needs replacing. I have to brace with my hands and feet in order to not get injured. That thing is a once a day ride.

I think I like DL's IASW better. It seems longer, and I like the addition of the Disney characters.

My mom is never riding Rodger Rabbits Cartoon Spin with me ever again. I don't think my dad ever will ride it with me. Apparently, it is not the tea cups. :hilarious:

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is weird.

I don't know what was going on with HM, but it stopped for a while...in a spot with nothing interesting to look at. Overall, I like WDW's better, but Hatchbox Ghost is cool.

WDW got the Cliff Notes version of PofTC. The real one is in DL.

Conversely, the real TofT is in WDW.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is good, but takes too long to load and unload.

Dinner last night was at Blie Bayou. That was very good. The entrees are pricey, but come with either Gumbo or a salad, so it's plenty of food. My dad said the cost was comparable to when we eat at BOG.

I really don't care that Fantasmic is on hiatus. Now we can walk through New Orleans Square that time of night.

Construction of SWL is having very little impact. Only since there's no PeopleMover and no train, there's really no attraction to just kind of take a break on.

You echo a lot of the same thoughts I have of Disneyland. We loved hyperspace mountain too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom