Frozen Ever After opening day

Phil12

Princess rides should be contained in the castle parks. Princesses are an invasive species with no natural predators outside the castle parks. Look what happened in WS. Years ago, they planted one little princess seed in the restaurant in Norway. Now look at what it has grown into. It's like Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors.
But you're overlooking the fact that Olaf II Haraldsson (i.e. St. Olaf) was King of Norway from 1015 to 1028 and he was posthumously named as the Eternal King of Norway.

Our snowman friend Olaf is a direct nod to St. Olaf and fits perfectly in the WS. Long live the King!

Magenta Panther

Amazed how many frozen breakdown videos there are on youtube. I guess it is happening quite frequently.

this one is pretty cool

I guess they were too focused on getting people off the ride to stop them from recording

Wow, look at the magical dumpster! :p You know, TDO, since it seems that FEA is going to break down a LOT (congratulations), you might erect a scrim or something in front of all that construction mess back there. Try to keep the magic going, you know? Geez, pathetic.

I can't help but think that Marshmallow was originally supposed to stand up. You can see a leg mechanism or something in the back of the figure as the guests walk by.

During one of my last rides on Maelstrom, our boat got stuck just past the standing polar bear. We heard the "technical difficulties" announcement, and we sat there about five minutes, heard the spiel again, and then the boat started moving again. We never did get evacuated.

So how long are the breakdowns and evacs going to go on? IS there a possibility that TDO can do something about those...aside from turning off ride features, I mean?

Magenta Panther

Mermaid attempts to tell the story of the whole movie and falls apart towards the end while Frozen is more of its own thing.

And I think TDO was very smart to do that. FEA is like that Frozen short "Frozen Fever". A little visit with the characters from the movie, not a re-telling of the plot. Very well done and very charming. I think the ride narrative for FEA is excellent, considering all the constraints and limitations that were always there in Maelstrom. I'm with others here - think of what the Imagineers could have done with a whole new ride building designed specifically for Frozen. Guess we'll have to go to Tokyo to find THAT out..

SJN1279

And I think TDO was very smart to do that. FEA is like that Frozen short "Frozen Fever". A little visit with the characters from the movie, not a re-telling of the plot. Very well done and very charming. I think the ride narrative for FEA is excellent, considering all the constraints and limitations that were always there in Maelstrom. I'm with others here - think of what the Imagineers could have done with a whole new ride building designed specifically for Frozen. Guess we'll have to go to Tokyo to find THAT out..
I would rather have a very good ride open now, than potentially an even better ride open 10 years from now.

Phil12

Wow, look at the magical dumpster! :p You know, TDO, since it seems that FEA is going to break down a LOT (congratulations), you might erect a scrim or something in front of all that construction mess back there. Try to keep the magic going, you know? Geez, pathetic.

I can't help but think that Marshmallow was originally supposed to stand up. You can see a leg mechanism or something in the back of the figure as the guests walk by.

During one of my last rides on Maelstrom, our boat got stuck just past the standing polar bear. We heard the "technical difficulties" announcement, and we sat there about five minutes, heard the spiel again, and then the boat started moving again. We never did get evacuated.

So how long are the breakdowns and evacs going to go on? IS there a possibility that TDO can do something about those...aside from turning off ride features, I mean?
People love it when a ride breaks down and they're taken backstage to see the unkempt and dirty areas of the park. WDW might want to consider charging extra for that experience.

Magenta Panther

Coverage of the June 21 opening of Epcot's Frozen Ever After

VIDEO - Frozen Ever After opens at Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Ride-through POV

I have to say that of all the ride-through videos I've seen of FEA, this is by far the best. It gives me chills (no pun intended). And it must have been filmed with a very good camera. When I enlarge the video on my poky old HP, the image is crystal-clear. Well done!

Wikkler

But you're overlooking the fact that Olaf II Haraldsson (i.e. St. Olaf) was King of Norway from 1015 to 1028 and he was posthumously named as the Eternal King of Norway.

Our snowman friend Olaf is a direct nod to St. Olaf and fits perfectly in the WS. Long live the King!
Ariel is a Hebrew name. Therefore, if Disney ever builds that Israel pavilion, I know what ride to put in it. Don't worry, though. It will have lots of Jewish culture.

Figaro928

Elsa stops her show loop if you break down in front of her like most of the figures. Has an idle animation where she'll wave to the boats occasionally.

But does the song stop? I was stuck on Imagination 2 years ago... there's an earworm I'll never get rid of

mergatroid

Not really if you think about it. Most attractions will have 'teething problems' when newly opened and every attraction will break down at some point or other. This would mean that every ride at every park at every evacuation point would have to have construction done on the off chance it breaks down so people can't see the back of it.

Sometimes to just have to weigh up the likelihood of something happening and then decide the feasibility of doing something about it just in case it does. That video is actually quite a good example of how they've planned an evacuation. Clear announcements, a well lit building along with calm cm's making sure everybody takes their time and knows where they're going. They went through several steps before evacuating by turning off the water jets etc and did it all in structured way to maximise safety. A few people seeing a bin backstage is really not that important in the big scheme of things.

MagicHappens1971

Can't believe I'm even bothering posting this but.... "When I phoned to amend our booking for next year a couple of weeks ago I mentioned about going Oct/Nov this year and the lady I spoke to said RoL would definitely be on by then and she also mentioned about a Frozen themed restaurant/character dining by summer next year x" Someone just posted this in a Disney FB group. It just seems like their either making it up or that cast member was highly misinformed. I have no doubt ROL will be up by the end of the year, but this all seems unlikely that it came from a CM on Disney's booking.

Magenta Panther

Not really if you think about it. Most attractions will have 'teething problems' when newly opened and every attraction will break down at some point or other. This would mean that every ride at every park at every evacuation point would have to have construction done on the off chance it breaks down so people can't see the back of it.

Sometimes to just have to weigh up the likelihood of something happening and then decide the feasibility of doing something about it just in case it does. That video is actually quite a good example of how they've planned an evacuation. Clear announcements, a well lit building along with calm cm's making sure everybody takes their time and knows where they're going. They went through several steps before evacuating by turning off the water jets etc and did it all in structured way to maximise safety. A few people seeing a bin backstage is really not that important in the big scheme of things.

I understand - the evacuation itself was, from what I could see, well done. And my suggestion was a bit tongue-in-cheek. Still, to come off that magical ride and go down an outdoor stairway and see the big rubbish bin and all that mess...wow, what a reality check. Not something I want to see in a Disney park, AND ALSO I DON'T WANT TO SEE DISNEY "GUTS". I've always regretted finding out about the Pepper's Ghost illusion in the Haunted Mansion...

mergatroid

I understand - the evacuation itself was, from what I could see, well done. And my suggestion was a bit tongue-in-cheek. Still, to come off that magical ride and go down an outdoor stairway and see the big rubbish bin and all that mess...wow, what a reality check. Not something I want to see in a Disney park, AND ALSO I DON'T WANT TO SEE DISNEY "GUTS". I've always regretted finding out about the Pepper's Ghost illusion in the Haunted Mansion...

Well ok, maybe they could have wheeled the bin somewhere else I suppose.

EPCOTCenterLover

I would like to believe you're joking but based on your earlier posts, sadly, I think you're being serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom