A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Cesar R M

Yeah, I don't see a problem.
but.. but..mike.. you need to understand.. its THE GAY AGENDA!.. THE GAY AGENDAAAA..

It's not surprising, not when you consider that only a few months ago there was an online campaign to boycott The Force Awakens because of the skin colour of one of the main characters. Some prejudices will just never be eradicated, society just isn't that progressive. It's sad, desperately so, but such small-minded people are best ignored.

Unfortunately this is true. While the majority will move on and embrace more open minded. There will be the poor guy who got taught and pretty much shoved the parent's hatred on them.
Aka, racist dude floods a poor kid of racism ideas over and over until the behavior stays the same.

FigmentForver96

but.. but..mike.. you need to understand.. its THE GAY AGENDA!.. THE GAY AGENDAAAA..

Unfortunately this is true. While the majority will move on and embrace more open minded. There will be the poor guy who got taught and pretty much shoved the parent's hatred on them.
Aka, racist dude floods a poor kid of racism ideas over and over until the behavior stays the same.
I was forced to break the mold. My parents have never been one for being open minded. Growing up in a house like that is rough especially when you have friends who want to love who they wish to love and it's even harder when you yourself can't go to your own family out of fear. I've learned to turn to other friends for support and one day I'll let them know. I try my hardest to teach those afraid to stand up and be proud and don't let others fill you with hate.

Cesar R M

To me its funny because they gave them an extremely stereotypical lesbian look. Maybe the animators thougt nobody would notice.
Well, those can backfire.
I still remember that Shaq's joke (where he acted as driver with different disguises). Was taken really bad because "he portrayed Jamaican people brad".
When in reality he was doing PURE stereotypical groups. The Nerd, The Emo, The Rastah, etc..

Sped2424

tumblr_o85ui3rf491s0c4z4o1_1280.jpg

Looks like Tiana is finally getting her Place, albeit on the Disney Wonder Cruise ship but it's a start. Seriously how does this not translate to a location somewhere in the parks? Live Jazz acts, Southern Food, great atmosphere, and tied into PATF. I just don't get Disney sleeping on this concept when it comes to the parks.

Sped2424

Funny how everyone is talking about the 2 second lesbians rather than the lesbian who is starring in the sequel named after her character.
hgtv-avatar-talent-ellen-degeneres-3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.616.jpeg

No Name

My only problem with Finding Dory was that its a sequel....
My big problem with finding Dory is that I think the ending will be controversial (in a bad way) and shine a lot of negative light on Disney. Unless they radically changed the original ending since we last publicly heard

It would be a shame for the characters to end up in a SeaWorld-like park (but of course with the option to leave). That would make a lot of people upset with Disney. it just sounds like a very reactive ending rather than a proactive one, and I think it can only do harm. It also completely goes against the ending of the original movie: that Nemo escaped captivity. I don't like it and I think others won't either.

WDW1974

Original Poster

WDW1974

Original Poster
So ... Rogue One ... may be the one that isn't all that. Interesting. I rather enjoyed the trailer and sorta like the idea of a story in the SW UNIverse that isn't the same main storyline. But one month of reshoots tells you that it is plenty troubled ... or that Iger thinks it is.

And you gotta love the glee fanbois are taking in Alice's poor showing ... it's almost like they know it's OK to dislike this one, that this doesn't matter as much to Iger and the Co as ... Civil War or Zootopia ... or certainly Rogue One. I haven't seen it yet, but friends who have all enjoyed it. But they, like I, are fans of Depp and Burton and Co ...

Nmoody1

tumblr_o85ui3rf491s0c4z4o1_1280.jpg

Looks like Tiana is finally getting her Place, albeit on the Disney Wonder Cruise ship but it's a start. Seriously how does this not translate to a location somewhere in the parks? Live Jazz acts, Southern Food, great atmosphere, and tied into PATF. I just don't get Disney sleeping on this concept when it comes to the parks.

Is that Bob Iger behind that guy playing the trumpet?! ;)

Nmoody1

Hey, @BrianLo ... you might want to get in touch with these dudes ... and anyone else planning on being in Shanghai soon ... @WDWFigment? Going for the opening?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/shanghai-717923-disneyland-going.html

I'm there for the opening day. Plan to visit again in August or September - hopefully by which time a few more details will be added to those paint jobs and maybe some of the visitors will have read the ettiquite guides! If that video of Fastpass distribution is anything to go by, nobody has yet!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Well, my ship (until the Disney Spirit sails), the Disney Wonder, is undergoing significant changes this fall in Cadiz. Generally, I'm in favor ... like Tiana's replacing the very tired Parrot Cay ... but am a bit saddened to see the Route 66 adult area get changed. It still has a nice vibe and could use freshening for certain, but not wholesale changing. The Marvel crap doesn't affect me one way or the other.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-enhancements-to-the-disney-wonder-this-fall/

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm there for the opening day. Plan to visit again in August or September - hopefully by which time a few more details will be added to those paint jobs and maybe some of the visitors will have read the ettiquite guides! If that video of Fastpass distribution is anything to go by, nobody has yet!

You might want to share your views, as a Disney nut, with the OC Register when you are there. ... I didn't see the video in question as I am staying away from all videos except flyovers of the park that show partially completed lands that no one is talking about or reporting on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom