Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

No Name

A Frozen port wouldn't be a good fit? You do realize this is a park with an entire land for Little Mermaid right?

I didn't mean that Frozen wouldn't be a good fit, I just think Soarin fits extra well. A ride about flying over the world is a good fit in an adventurey-explorey kind of park.

I'm really not opposed to either, and I appologize for not wording that part very clearly.

You are obsessed with the Soarin G. Which is ironic--2/3 of your name is G.

Lol. :D Yes, I am obsessed with the g. I know you are just poking fun at me but I will try to explain, because I am obsessed, and it does bother me.

It's like if, for example, a certain language never pronounces s with a z sound. So then Disney just spells their name as "Dizney" in that country/region to avoid pronunciation issues. Would you be fine with that?

Rather than having people learn the correct name and the correct pronunciation, they're going a different route that hurts the brand and leads to more confusion in the end.

The same is true for Soarin'. Yes, am I a bit obsessed over one letter? Sure. So this is the end of my g-rants... for now.

No Name

I just think Tokyo's hang glider looks so out of place in that picture, with not only a present-day family sitting in it, but also with present-day hot air balloons in the background. I like it though, I really do, it just looks so strikingly different.

Regarding "original scenes" for Soarin' in Tokyo, I would think it's likely just the ending which would be flying over TDL/TDS since the each park seems to be getting a unique ending.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

But the ride is clearly getting original hang gliders when they could've easily saved the money and just used the design of the existing ones. So maybe there's a chance they'll film more new scenes while they're out filming their ending. With OLC it's far from impossible.

ToTBellHop

I didn't mean that Frozen wouldn't be a good fit, I just think Soarin fits extra well. A ride about flying over the world is a good fit in an adventurey-explorey kind of park.

I'm really not opposed to either, and I appologize for not wording that part very clearly.

Lol. :D Yes, I am obsessed with the g. I know you are just poking fun at me but I will try to explain, because I am obsessed, and it does bother me.

It's like if, for example, a certain language never pronounces s with a z sound. So then Disney just spells their name as "Dizney" in that country/region to avoid pronunciation issues. Would you be fine with that?

Rather than having people learn the correct name and the correct pronunciation, they're going a different route that hurts the brand and leads to more confusion in the end.

The same is true for Soarin'. Yes, am I a bit obsessed over one letter? Sure. So this is the end of my g-rants... for now.
I get it, e'.

RSoxNo1

I would argue they are very very close. Take a LONG walk around Africa in particular and the details are absolutely stunning. The only thing lacking is the merch inside of Africa, and sadly it is all generic Disney stuff.
I have said on many occasions that I think Africa is a better all inclusive themed land than Diagon Alley (basically arguing that the theming is comparable and the attraction lineup in Africa is better). I'm heading to Tokyo in a few weeks and will be able to compare lands in Disney Sea first hand.

The Animal Kingdom is an incredibly well themed park and deserves the recognition of being described as such.

Mike S

I have said on many occasions that I think Africa is a better all inclusive themed land than Diagon Alley (basically arguing that the theming is comparable and the attraction lineup in Africa is better). I'm heading to Tokyo in a few weeks and will be able to compare lands in Disney Sea first hand.

The Animal Kingdom is an incredibly well themed park and deserves the recognition of being described as such.
Lucky..............

FigmentForver96

Lucky you! You are going to love it

brb1006

Be sure to check out Dreamlights, the Tokyo version of Fantasmic, and see the Happiness Is Here Parade

No Name

Except for that whole settling for the decade old clone attraction in the first place :)
List of clones or potential clones that are fine by me (at least as of now):
Toy Story Midway Mania
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (or whatever other names)
Soarin'
It's A Small World
Carousel of Progress
PeopleMover
Dumbo
Carousel

And there are more. I don't hate clones as much as I fear that the parks will become unoriginal. Sure, it's not an original ride, but Soarin' in TDS will have a unique exterior, a unique ride vehicle look (both that appear fitting to the land, rather than taking the cheaper way by using existing design), and one or more unique scenes. Soarin' also upholds the theme of the park well. It's a confusing view I have, and nobody will ever fully understand it because they just aren't me, but I'm okay with Soarin'. I wouldn't be as okay with other options. My main, end-all hope is that the parks keep a good balance of unique, non-duplicated attractions.

raymusiccity

Soarin' is coming to Tokyo!!!

Really great news all around for the Tokyo resort today. It sems like this is replacing the previously announced Frozen ride and land, which is surprising, but I'm fine it. While Soarin is a clone, the press release interestingly says that it'll include original scenes, and this fits the park better than a Frozen port, I really do think.

The concept art follows the classic style, but oh wow, look at that ride vehicle! It totally reminds me of the recent "don't be a settler" DirecTV commercials. I don't get it and I don't think it's historically accurate to anything at all (expect for maybe the look of a time period), but it's unique. It's original. And I like it.

And most importantly, the ride is spelt correctly (without the g). Oriental Land Company once again proves that they know what they're doing. It says "tentative name," so don't change it on me OLC! The whole announcement and change of plans is exciting, I just hope the plans don't get scaled down.

I agree. I don't get it either. The ride vehicle looks like a reject from 'The Wild Wild West'. The show building looks more like a mausoleum :-(

Mike S

I agree. I don't get it either. The ride vehicle looks like a reject from 'The Wild Wild West'. The show building looks more like a mausoleum :-(
Looks to me like a Leonardo da Vinci flying machine, in which case it fits perfectly in theme.
flyingmachine4_l.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom