Avoid MK on MVMCP Days?

DisneySpring

I know the Magic Kingdom closes early on the MVMCP days, but is it best to avoid the MK altogether on those days? I'm thinking about switching my AK and MK days to avoid the MVMCP crowd...

DisneyJoe

The MVMCP crowd would begin arriving at 4pm in order to enter on that party ticket. I doubt that they would be there all day, with the party officially lasting from 7pm to midnight.

Upvote 0

belledream

I think it could go either way...for every person deciding to skip MK on party days, there will be people who decide to do a variety of things. We have personally both:
1. Bought MNSSHP tickets and spent the whole day at MK.
2. Gone to MK on a party day, and left at 4 to go to a nearby resort for dinner and the evening.
So I wouldn't think a party would sway the crowds that dangerously one way or another. I would say go with whatever schedule fits your liking.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I know the Magic Kingdom closes early on the MVMCP days, but is it best to avoid the MK altogether on those days? I'm thinking about switching my AK and MK days to avoid the MVMCP crowd...

Actually, just the opposite. People think that since the park closes at 7pm they can't get value out of it. Therefore, fewer people go on those days. What it actually means is that you can get more done with less crowds in fewer hours (This applies to MNSSHP also). Crowds INCREASE on the non-party days around it. Ironically, less done with more crowds with more hours.

If you're not going to the party that evening, then I recommend going to MK on party days. Fewer crowds. Sure, there is an overlap between 4 and 7 but nothing like the crowds on the non-party days during that week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If you dont have a PH pass you might want to switch parks. I've gone the entire day when I had the MVMCP ticket and found the crowds are still pretty high despite having the event later on in the day. Having a PH, I've still gone in the morning and then hopped to another park when the MVMCP began for others. A lot of guests enter MK without knowing the event is planned for that day too.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I've read that especially if you have parkhoppers, MVMCP days are actually perfect days to visit! Arrive early and leave between 4pm and 7pm, when the "party people" start to arrive. (It helps if you read the words, "party people" in the voice of DC from Tag Team who kicks off, "Whoomp! There it Is.")

We're visiting in November, and during the two party days that fall on our visit, MK crowd levels (by touringplans' reckoning) are expected to be about 2 points (out of 10) lower than non-party days. Folks with standard, non-hopper tickets avoid MK on those days because they don't want to "waste" a ticket when they can't stay all day or enjoy any evening entertainment or fireworks, so it decreases crowds in the MK slightly on those days, and pushes them up slightly on the non-party days. We don't have hoppers either, but we're planning special dinner experiences (e.g., Hoop-do-Doo) on the party days, so we won't mind leaving the park by 7pm, and then we're ending the week with a full, non-party day in the MK so we can enjoy "Wishes."

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

We often go to MK on party days as the crowd does seem smaller, especially earlier in the day. Shorter lines and less people translates into more done with less hours.
We don't hop either. 9-7 at MK makes for a nice day then we follow it up with resort and pool time, maybe DS or an evening resort hopping and maybe catching an outdoor movie, or maybe watching the fireworks from outside the park at the Contemporary or from the Poly. Lots of good choices.

Upvote 0

belledream

Are the Christmas parties typically busier on weekends or does it not matter?
I think the generalization is that weekdays are better than weekends, and days closer to the actual holiday are the busiest and get sold out more often (except maybe the first MVMCP which might be busier because people are trying to overlap the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP all in one trip).

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

I think the generalization is that weekdays are better than weekends, and days closer to the actual holiday are the busiest and get sold out more often (except maybe the first MVMCP which might be busier because people are trying to overlap the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP all in one trip).

Thank you! Currently debating between a Thursday night Christmas party vs a Friday night Christmas party...

Upvote 0

belledream

Thank you! Currently debating between a Thursday night Christmas party vs a Friday night Christmas party...
I'd go with Thursday. I read that the two busiest days are Friday and Sunday. A Tuesday would probably be best if you can arrange it, but either way, the crowds are much less than a normal MK evening and it's really about the atmosphere moreso than waiting in lines for rides anyways! :)

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

I'd go with Thursday. I read that the two busiest days are Friday and Sunday. A Tuesday would probably be best if you can arrange it, but either way, the crowds are much less than a normal MK evening and it's really about the atmosphere moreso than waiting in lines for rides anyways! :)

Thank you! I will see what I can do... :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom