The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Magenta Panther

Magenta this must have you up in arms ;)

"Flabbergasted" is the word. This is what has worried me with EVERY IP Disney has purchased...that those IPs would be used in a way that would cheapen or damage the parks. Unfortunately, in some instances, my fears have been realized. This isn't a gut-punch like the GOTG desecration of the Tower of Terror rumor, but it does lead me to question the sanity of the people in charge at Disney. The Tower rumor is horrifying. This one is just bizarre beyond belief.

alissafalco

"Flabbergasted" is the word. This is what has worried me with EVERY IP Disney has purchased...that those IPs would be used in a way that would cheapen or damage the parks. Unfortunately, in some instances, my fears have been realized. This isn't a gut-punch like the GOTG desecration of the Tower of Terror rumor, but it does lead me to question the sanity of the people in charge at Disney. The Tower rumor is horrifying. This one is just bizarre beyond belief.
We should place a poll, what's worse GOTG taking over TOT or the muppets in Liberty Sqaure? Lol
My vote is for GOTG/TOT , I think that's worse!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You don't have to dislike the Muppets to be horrified by something this stupid.

And in what way could Liberty Square "use this"? The HOP is a moving and dignified salute to American history. Since when does it need "cute"?
I have always found your hatred of the Muppets to be a source of amusement on the forums, but I am completely with you on this 100%.

clemmo

Well in Florida they have round circles of cooked dough almost but not entirely unlike pizza, And Northern VA is NOT DC so the 'Dont eat the PIZZA rule in DC still holds true'
Living in md near the dc border and being from philly where there is some very good food i can tell you the dc pizza rule is absolutely true. I've had better pizza at via napoli than many places around here... As for the muppets idea I'm not sure why I'm surprised anymore this is after all the same company that put frozen into epcot and possibly ruining one of its greatest attractions in tot.

TabulaRasa

I'm a huge fan of the Muppets, but I will admit that the placement of this is not right. Granted, by the sounds of it the Hall of Presidents will not be replaced with a Muppet related attraction (which is definitely the right call). That being said, the Muppets have taken on different stories in time, so it's not out of character to have them used in telling a part of American history IMO.

Last edited:

champdisney

Guess then the Fab 5 belong nowhere other than MK...or little mermaid...or toy Story...or a of Pixar...need we go on
What RSox means is simple. The Muppets have a land solely based on them at another park and instead of expanding that land, they are putting them elsewhere.

Since you brought it up... Yes, I do believe there's too much of Toy Story, Little Mermaid, Nemo and Beauty and the Beast scattered around WDW. It's just something I don't understand especially since Disney has a huge library filled with great characters to work with and four parks to fill the void. Instead, they stick with the most popular brands and milk em' everywhere.... How generous!

Haymarket2008

First of all: hate, hate, hate this rumor. Secondly, could this be some sort of temporary promotion during the eventual refurbishment of Hall of Presidents to add the new president? Just to add some capacity?

YodaMan

I obviously have no inside info, but maybe the area at Studios has been causing these discussions? It seems like this show was being discussed back in 2015, and at the time it seemed possible that Muppets would leave Studios because of the expansions coming. So they were working on something at MK as a way to keep the Muppets around WDW (at least temporarily). But when plans were finalized and Muppets actually got a new restaurant and expanded presence at DHS, maybe they were still deciding whether or not to go ahead with Muppets in MK? Maybe above HOP was the old original plan and now they're trying to rework it for DHS? No idea, just spitballing here.

PhotoDave219

While @wdwmagic says there's something to this, I believe there's one thing that will keep it from coming to frutition: Newton's First Law of motion. Objects at Rest tend to stay at rest.

As we all know, TPTB at P&R are loathe to actually do anything or spend money on CapEx (ask @ParentsOf4, he has charts) so Management's natural state is at rest. They're dropping a... well a now unknown amount of money into DHS on SWL & TSL.... and the natural inclination of any sound, career-minded, budget-conscious, mid-level, Disney middle manager is to make their numbers and in this case it would be to clip expenditures. Past history has told us thru so many blue sky proposals, 5th gates, night kingdoms, (and god knows what else over the past 10-15 years) that actually held validity yet only to be sent to sleep with the fishes at the end of the day.

What does this mean here? That the inherent laziness of Disney Management practically ensures that this bad-but-not-the-worst-idea-i've-heard-this-week never comes to fruition.

Now I love the Muppets but the Muppets belong at the Studios. They have their own courtyard. Take idea and cram it in over there. They don't belong any closer to Liberty Square then that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom