Disneyland vs. Magic Kingdom poll(only those who have been to both)

Disneyland vs. Magic Kingdom

• Disneyland

Votes: 290 60.2%
  • Magic Kingdom

Votes: 192 39.8%

• Total voters
We just went to DL a few weeks. I haven't been there in 5 years, but we usually go to WDW twice a year. With it fresh in my mind, I honestly have to say that I much prefer WDW. DL just seemed so congested and the layout was not very good. And even with a map, we kept getting turned around in DCA. The pluses for DL are the Nightmare themed HM, the XMAS IASW, the Indiana Jones ride, and the new Paint the Night parade. The castle is so tiny, it makes me think more of a six flags knockoff of Disney. No DVC discounts, and honestly, I do like the wristbands. Also Splash Mountain at DL is VERY rough compared to WDW. My mom said she would never ride it again!
Food is better at DL, parkwise, but doesn't compare to all the restaurants throughout the resorts.

FigmentPigments

If I could go to only one park for the rest of my days, it would have to be Magic Kingdom. I've been to both and am going back to Disneyland to run the Pixie Dust Challenge in May. I can honestly can I don't have to do anything there except ride Haunted Mansion since it was closed last time and ride Matterhorn because of the new special effects.
Honestly, I kind of felt like a second class citizen there. Everywhere I went people looked at me strangely when I mentioned I didn't have an annual pass. I waited to get a hot dog for my dad and when I told the lady I didn't have a pass she actually froze for a second like she didn't know what to do next.

DManRightHere

If I could go to only one park for the rest of my days, it would have to be Magic Kingdom. I've been to both and am going back to Disneyland to run the Pixie Dust Challenge in May. I can honestly can I don't have to do anything there except ride Haunted Mansion since it was closed last time and ride Matterhorn because of the new special effects.
Honestly, I kind of felt like a second class citizen there. Everywhere I went people looked at me strangely when I mentioned I didn't have an annual pass. I waited to get a hot dog for my dad and when I told the lady I didn't have a pass she actually froze for a second like she didn't know what to do next.

We've only been once and went for 2 or 3 days. It did seem like tons of people were regulars the way they talked and Disney accessories they were wearing. One person even corrected me when I said "fastpass for soarin". We thought the atmosphere was friendlier than MK though. It wasn't super busy when we went.

FigmentPigments

We've only been once and went for 2 or 3 days. It did seem like tons of people were regulars the way they talked and Disney accessories they were wearing. One person even corrected me when I said "fastpass for soarin". We thought the atmosphere was friendlier than MK though. It wasn't super busy when we went.
Yeah, I saw a lot of people dressed up in special vests or hats. It was a little strange the first couple of days, I will admit.

epcot2016

Magic Kingdom ANY DAY! It's bigger and the castle is taller!

-Liberty Square is better than New Orleans Square.

-Where's New Fantasyland in DL? MK's Fantasyland is far better than DL's. Aside from New Fantasyland, I prefer the medieval fair theming over the Bavarian village theming.

-MK's Pirates is superior to DL's.

-MK's Autopia is superior to DL's.

-MK's Peter Pan is superior to DL's.

-MK's IASW is superior to DL's

As a bonus, Mickey's Toontown Fair was superior to DL Mickey's Toontown.

Also, DL sucks.

the-reason14

-Where's New Fantasyland in DL? MK's Fantasyland is far better than DL's. Aside from New Fantasyland, I prefer the medieval fair theming over the Bavarian village theming.

Also, DL sucks.

This has got to be a joke post.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Also, DL sucks.

We really need to address the issue of youth unemployment in America.

The Empress Lilly

Also, DL sucks.
I agree with the sea foam green parts.

Pan and Pirates are about equal.

I will take the DL's Storybook Canal Boats over WDW's NFL of 'get weird hostile looks from parents as their tarted up daughter meet Belle' and her nearby always-full restaurant.
Also, Autopia is slightly more fun and DL has a certain quaint charm.

the-reason14

It's not, what makes you think that?

Because anyone that has been to both and has a slither of common sense would say the exact opposite.

Pirates has more scenes and is longer in DL, and is agreed to be better in DL.
Fantasyland in DL has more rides, and while NFL may look "prettier" it lacks the rides and overall charm of DL's. Most would agree that it is also better in DL.
IASW has an amazing facade and it's own separate space in DL, most people also say it's better.

You could have almost had a valid argument as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but after stating, "DL sucks" then you lost all credibility.

photomatt

Disneyland has benches everywhere. I was there last week, and I sat on a bench on Main Street while watching PTN. Priceless.

The chairs at Disneyland also have backs. This might not matter to you now, but it will, someday.

MK is only worth visiting because of the attractions it has that DL doesn't (Cinderella Castle, TTA, COP, Wishes, CBJ). At best, the duplicates at MK are either a tie or inferior. I will concede two exceptions: BTM and Splash are possibly better, but not by enough to really matter. The Liberty Belle might also win in the future because of the length of the ride.

HM at DL wins by a landslide because of the exterior show building, and the fact that it is maintained better. The show scenes at DL were extremely vibrant and the sound was exceptional.

One could argue that the new 7DMT coaster is a plus in MK's favor, but I would put that up against Snow White, Alice, or The Matterhorn. DL wins again.

I'm not trying to slam the MK. It has its charm, but it's no DL.

Disney Shib

I just got back from my first trip to Disneyland in November. We went as part of our honeymoon. There were things I liked at Disneyland better (PoTc, IaSW) but as a whole I was slightly disappointed and not just because of how much smaller it was than I pictured but because I felt like the magic just wasn't there. We had some pretty awful encounters with CM's there which was devastating to me. I'm happy I got to see where the magic started but I think going forward I am going to stick to the World.

danyoung56

Completely disagree.

Categorically disagree.

Emphatically disagree.

Very strongly disagree.

It's hard to believe you're serious with this.

Also, DL sucks.

And with this statement you completely lost any credibility you might otherwise have.

habuma

Our first Disney trip was to Disney World (and thus, the Magic Kingdom). We've been to Disney World twice as many times as Disneyland, despite being close to geographically centered between them. When we go to Disney World, we usually spend as many days in the Magic Kingdom as we do in the other 3 parks combined. We love the Magic Kingdom.

However...Disneyland is my favorite between the two. It's Walt Disney's original Magic Kingdom. It's the only park where he walked, stayed, and had a direct hand in creating. I love the style of DL's Fantasyland, as compared to MK's. DL has a better PotC and Space Mountain. Even though Fantasmic! doesn't belong to MK in WDW, DL's Fantasmic! is far superior. And although I'm not a huge fan of riding in smelly cars around a guided track, I would much rather cruise around and see the scenery of Autopia than the bent figure-8 of Tomorrowland Speedway (where "Speedway" is false advertising).

And I was surprised to learn last week that Disneyland is the favorite park for all of my family members, except for my youngest daughter who enjoys DCA more (which is still in DLR, so that counts for something).

the-reason14

I just got back from my first trip to Disneyland in November. We went as part of our honeymoon. There were things I liked at Disneyland better (PoTc, IaSW) but as a whole I was slightly disappointed and not just because of how much smaller it was than I pictured but because I felt like the magic just wasn't there. We had some pretty awful encounters with CM's there which was devastating to me. I'm happy I got to see where the magic started but I think going forward I am going to stick to the World.

I get this. I felt the same way after my first visit to the land. It just didn't feel like "Disney." Which is very weird considering it is the original. I guess I was just expecting more. The whole local aspect of it, made it feel anything but Disney. But that same local aspect of it is what I've grown to love. You see families at DL, but you also see couples, groups of teens, teens that would probably think it's not cool to go to Disney World with their family. At Disney World you see nothing but families which gets annoying sometimes with little kids that can't be still while in line. There's an intimacy that DL has that WDW just doesn't. I didn't appreciate it or get until my second trip. So don't give up on that DL magic just yet, the Disney magic is still there, just a little different.

thomas998

Disneyland has benches everywhere. I was there last week, and I sat on a bench on Main Street while watching PTN. Priceless.

The chairs at Disneyland also have backs. This might not matter to you now, but it will, someday.

MK is only worth visiting because of the attractions it has that DL doesn't (Cinderella Castle, TTA, COP, Wishes, CBJ). At best, the duplicates at MK are either a tie or inferior. I will concede two exceptions: BTM and Splash are possibly better, but not by enough to really matter. The Liberty Belle might also win in the future because of the length of the ride.

HM at DL wins by a landslide because of the exterior show building, and the fact that it is maintained better. The show scenes at DL were extremely vibrant and the sound was exceptional.

One could argue that the new 7DMT coaster is a plus in MK's favor, but I would put that up against Snow White, Alice, or The Matterhorn. DL wins again.

I'm not trying to slam the MK. It has its charm, but it's no DL.
If it came down to 7DMT vs Matterhorn I would have to go WDW just to save my back. Matterhorn used to be cool when I first hit DL but over time I'm not sure if its because of supposed upgrades, or my older body... but Matterhorn is the last ride I will ever ride it actually hurts to ride it..... No sure how you can side against 7DMT even when you add in Snow White and Alice... While it isn't a great thrill ride it is one of the smoothest coasters that Disney has... I'm hoping they build something like it in DL in the future maybe to replace the Matterhorn.

*Q*

It's not the size, it's how you use it.

I could see someone thinking that due to personal preferences, but I think the vast majority of people would disagree.

Again, a bit of personal preferences at play here, but more rides, and I'd take Storybookland over New Fantasyland any day of the week.

This is just completely wrong.

This is crazy.

Can't say I know enough about the two of them to say.

Not with that facade they have out there, it isn't.

This is just completely insane.

Also, DL sucks.

I don't even know what to say to this.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom