Disneyland vs. Magic Kingdom poll(only those who have been to both)

Disneyland vs. Magic Kingdom

• Disneyland

Votes: 290 60.2%
  • Magic Kingdom

Votes: 192 39.8%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Alright, I know, I know, it gets overdone. But I personally never get sick of comparing them. So to make it neat and clean I'll do a poll to see a true reflection from a WDW site. We all know on Micechat it would probably be 99% in favour of Disneyland, but I'm interested in seeing what it would be on a WDW site.

This is only reserved for those that have done both. Then you get a clear indication of which you prefer.

I know we almost all would agree WDW is the better vacation site to bring a family in general since there is more to do Disney-style, but if you isolate just the flagship park Disneyland and Magic Kingdom which one do you choose, and why?

I choose Disneyland. More rides, more quaint, better Fantasyland, Toontown, better Pirates, more nostalgic (not that WDW isn't), a bit better of an aura.

POLY LOVER

WDW but the last time I was in Disneyland was 10 years ago. I know many changes have taken place so they may have surpassed wdw.

StarWarsGirl

Disneyland over MK. Disneyland just has more rides overall. Definitely prefer Toontown and Adventureland to MK's, and their Fantasyland has more dark rides plus Matterhorn, so that tops MK's as well. Don't get me wrong; I still love MK, but Disneyland has way more to do.

But, Cinderella Castle over Sleeping Beauty Castle. Sleeping Beauty Castle is cute; Cinderella Castle is amazing.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
For density of attractions I'd say whole heartedly Disneyland. Everything else I'd give to Magic Kingdom. Maybe when Disneyland opened out in the middle of nowhere it was better, but getting to the location and then from the parking deck to the park is painful.

draybook

Well, for me I'd have to compare 1992 DL vs 2015 WDW. I don't know if it was just the layout or because I was so much younger, but DL just seemed to be a little bit bigger. I have many a fond memory of eating at the Hungry Bear and the Peoplemover's Tron section. I guess it's not fair to time travel for comparison, but it's the best I can do until I get back out west.

HeatherWatson

Hmmm. I love DL because of Matterhorn and also due to the fact I'll always be nostalgic for 20,000 Leagues and at least DL still has Nemo Submarine Voyage. I like IASW and HM better at DL as well. Aaaaand, oh yeah, DL still has Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Nevertheless I really, REALLY love MK, and I definitely like Cinderella's Castle waaaaaaay better than Sleeping Beauty's, but that's really not enough to make me say I prefer MK. (Is it obvious I'm going back-and-forth in my head like a lunatic at this moment?)

So...I think I'm gonna have to go with DL. But, but, but... I just feel so wrong saying it because ultimately, like an above PP, I still prefer WDW overall.

Philhar-Fanatic

We just returned from our first visit to Disneyland. Oh my...I'm in love!! Every ride was better themed and longer than it's MK counterpart. Not to mention there is so many more rides there. Oh, and their night time lighted parade...SUPERB!! Nothing will take the place of WDW as a whole, but in MHO Disneyland is the CLEAR winner here!

Communicore

Disneyland has the coolness factor, and MK sadly has the on the cheap factor. There also seems to be more noise at MK, and more strollers and scooters. Disneyland for some reason doesn't have a lot of scooters. And they have Bengal BBQ and the whips have umbrellas and you can partake in it inside the Tiki Room with the magic fountain.

wdwfan757

Disneyland and it's not even close. If I was ranking the top 4 attractions at both parks, the top 4 would all be DL exclusives or rides where the DL version is vastly superior... Fantasmic, Indy, Space, Pirates. Plus, they still have mr. toad's wild ride. (We do have country bear though. Plus one)

With that said, I truly appreciate MK's indoor queues and air conditioned people eaters. They're severely lacking at DL and sometimes there's just nowhere to hide from the heat. Also, their crowd control is poorer IMO and I hate how fantasyland basically gets shut down for fireworks. Their bootleg version of casey's corner also lacks corn dog nuggets and the bbq slaw dog which is something I always gripe about.

WDW over DLR without question though

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I choose Magic Kingdom! Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Disneyland, but my favorite part of my trip was my time spent at California Adventure! Disneyland does have several more rides than MK, but I prefer MK's selection over Disneyland's. I prefer Disneyland's Haunted Mansion (I was there for Haunted Mansion Holiday) and I love that they still have Toontown, but in every other category I think MK is superior. I prefer MK's Main Street, Cinderella Castle has my heart forever, MK has CoP, I prefer MK's Thunder Mountain, I love New Fantasyland, I missed Philarmagic when I was at DLR, and I think Fairytale Hall is way better than Royal Hall. Not to mention, Disneyland's fireworks didn't impress me one bit (it was during holiday season, so it wasn't their normal show, but still). All of that said, I do appreciate Disneyland's history and enjoyed being at Walt's original and I can't wait to go back. But, WDW will always have my heart and that includes Magic Kingdom. :)

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
If theme parks have a celebrity death match, 1989 EPCOT Center will come out on top, all day, every day.

"And what a match we're seeing here tonight folks as Magic Kingdom and Disneyland pummel each other in the ring. You've got to ask yourself just how much more of a thrashing these two icons can dish out.

Wait a minute - WAIT JUST A MINUTE! That's Epcot Center's music! And look out as Future World and World Showcase come flying into the ring! It's Showcase with a park bench to the head of Disneyland - good lord that park has a family to feed!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom