The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

And today coming in at $1.49

CajUpCqXIAARF2M.jpg
eeeenvy..
our prices still havent lowered a single cent.

Songbird76

I don't have any "know it all" girl this year. I have a "know it all" boy. He is always right (even when he is wrong) and quick to point out anything that anyone does wrong. He doesn't do any classwork though, but will take tests/quizzes. The other day when he was being nit picky, after he walked away, I thought I wished he put that much effort into his work then he would probably ace the class. Instead he seems happy to fail all his classes, to cool to do homework or something. That won't work out to well for him in high school, unless he likes repeating classes.
So sad when that happens...someone who could do so well if they applied themselves. There was a girl I went to high school with who had a brilliant mind for math. Her senior year, they had to give her an independent study for advanced Calculus because she breezed through the regular calculus material, even though Calc was already the advanced math for senior level. (My senior year, there were only 5 of us, one of whom was an exchange student, and I was the only girl) I struggled with the regular calc stuff that she breezed through. But she was pretty much failing out of everything else. She had no interest in anything. It's so heartbreaking to see that....so much potential that goes to waste.

Songbird76

He's always kind of been lumped in with the villains in Disney memorabilia, but he's one of those characters who could go either way. In the animated movie, he got Alice in trouble with the Queen of Hearts, but in the newer movie, he sided with the whole group against the queen. He's not really a true villain in the sense that other villains are, more mischievous than anything. He's in the grey area; he could go either way depending on how you look at him, or he could just be neither villain nor good guy.
Must depend on the person...I totally see him as a villain. And his grin is creeptastic!!

Songbird76

I forgot to tell you all! DD came home Thursday with her first homework assignment. They have to write a report and give a presentation about it, and they get to choose the topic, and she has chosen "DisneyWorld". She is super excited about our trip and about doing her homework. (She's a huge nerd like her parents....she actually loves school)

betty rose

Hope you had an amazing trip!
Very good photos! thanks for sharing!
Thank you, and your welcome. We are back early, it started raining around noon and is continuing to rain, and it's really cool too. We managed to get in a few more photo's before putting away the camera. We went to the Springs and then on to MK, saw hall of presidents, I really like that show. And did one more ride in Haunted Mansion. Lunch at MK. Then back to the hotel. We had a wonderful trip, one of our best in many years. The parks weren't overcrowded. There was a lot of gray hair , so we moved at about the same pace!;) Back in a little while, after hubby downloads the photos.

StarWarsGirl

I don't have any "know it all" girl this year. I have a "know it all" boy. He is always right (even when he is wrong) and quick to point out anything that anyone does wrong. He doesn't do any classwork though, but will take tests/quizzes. The other day when he was being nit picky, after he walked away, I thought I wished he put that much effort into his work then he would probably ace the class. Instead he seems happy to fail all his classes, to cool to do homework or something. That won't work out to well for him in high school, unless he likes repeating classes.
I remember a guy like that when I was in school. He completely rubbed me the wrong way from kindergarten on. I remember his most irritating instance in fifth grade. He was the youngest out of his siblings, and the teacher had all of his siblings and liked them all. So of course, she automatically liked him. We were taking a test one time, and he kept looking over at my paper, telling me I hadn't put my name on it, listing everything I was doing wrong (like how I wrote my a's at the time). Instead of focusing on his own work, he was telling me how I was doing mine wrong (and mind you, this was a test). I finally put my folder up so he couldn't see my work, and the teacher yelled at me for being mean to him and sent me out to the hallway to finish. I got off the bus crying, and my mom called the teacher to discuss the situation. My mom explained to the teacher what had been going on, and said that he had a long history of completely rubbing me the wrong way (one time which involved slamming my hand in a door coming in from recess) and asked that we be separated. The teacher apologized the next day and separated us. Thankfully, even though we went to the same middle and high school, I barely saw him until senior year. I guess he somehow managed to get good grades, but I found out nothing had changed and he was still just as irritating. He would often get in trouble...and then would argue about it. *sigh*

Also had a group member like that several semesters back. Since I was group leader, I would have to check her work, and found mistakes in it a good bit. Instead of fixing it, she sent me a long winded explanation of why she did it that way. I literally wrote her back one time, "I don't care. Please just fix it like I asked." Of course, I take my own advice. My boss emailed me a while ago and said he'd like me to handle something differently, and my response was, "Understood. Next time, that is how I will do it."

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I remember a guy like that when I was in school. He completely rubbed me the wrong way from kindergarten on. I remember his most irritating instance in fifth grade. He was the youngest out of his siblings, and the teacher had all of his siblings and liked them all. So of course, she automatically liked him. We were taking a test one time, and he kept looking over at my paper, telling me I hadn't put my name on it, listing everything I was doing wrong (like how I wrote my a's at the time). Instead of focusing on his own work, he was telling me how I was doing mine wrong (and mind you, this was a test). I finally put my folder up so he couldn't see my work, and the teacher yelled at me for being mean to him and sent me out to the hallway to finish. I got off the bus crying, and my mom called the teacher to discuss the situation. My mom explained to the teacher what had been going on, and said that he had a long history of completely rubbing me the wrong way (one time which involved slamming my hand in a door coming in from recess) and asked that we be separated. The teacher apologized the next day and separated us. Thankfully, even though we went to the same middle and high school, I barely saw him until senior year. I guess he somehow managed to get good grades, but I found out nothing had changed and he was still just as irritating. He would often get in trouble...and then would argue about it. *sigh*

Also had a group member like that several semesters back. Since I was group leader, I would have to check her work, and found mistakes in it a good bit. Instead of fixing it, she sent me a long winded explanation of why she did it that way. I literally wrote her back one time, "I don't care. Please just fix it like I asked." Of course, I take my own advice. My boss emailed me a while ago and said he'd like me to handle something differently, and my response was, "Understood. Next time, that is how I will do it."

I think I remember you talking about that group member. She was very irritating if I remember correctly. That boy you describe sounds super annoying, I'm glad you didn't have to deal with him much after that test. Some people are just annoying, too bad they didn't come with a mute button! :)

betty rose

also, wow.. big quake in taiwan, and now a volcano erupted in Japan. seems the ring of fire is reactivating itself.

Kinda scary, because when theres a quake on that side.. its 100% sure that there is going to be another on the opposite side (aka OUR side)
I agree, those things try to balance out. One side of the globe then the other side, in a few days or a week or two. Unless the planet is getting really unbalanced. As in the 2004 quake. Every place on the earth was moved, only a little, but who knows what the impact will be. I see a difference in how far our sun moves in winter and summer. DD and I have noticed it's changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom